Stanley Cup Finals - Bruins-Blackhawks ought to be great original 6 final

Both goalies playing great but the Hawks big scorers have pretty much been neutralized and they have no power play, which I find odd with all their good skaters and puck handlers.

Game 4 is a fast breakathon. Constant movement with great passing and puck handling.

there have been some wicked hard shots and the goalies are lucky it is not 7-7 with 6 minutes to go.

Not a lot of icing and play stoppage.

If the hawks lose this after several leads they are really hurting. Crawford needs to shade to his glove side and make boston shoot to stick side as almost every goal is at his glove, all 5 this game.

There really has been some good defense considering how fast the play is and how quickly they reverse the action.

Good to see prime time hockey again.

Last edited:
Game 4 is a fast breakathon. Constant movement with great passing and puck handling.

there have been some wicked hard shots and the goalies are lucky it is not 7-7 with 6 minutes to go.

Not a lot of icing and play stoppage.

If the hawks lose this after several leads they are really hurting. Crawford needs to shade to his glove side and make boston shot to stick side as almost every goal is at his glove, all 5 this game.

There really has been some good defense considering how fast the play is and how quickly they reverse the action.

Good to see prime time hockey again.
Crawford's Glove is ICE Cold....:cool:

A great NBA game yesterday and a great Hockey game tonight. A great time to be a sports fan.

Chicago wins the do or die game for them. They had to win or they were pretty much sunk and they played like it. Although they played really stupid with the lead trying to feather passes out of their own end which kept getting blocked and turned into bruin shots and goals.

You dont see too many 5-5 OT games.

The best part for chicago was they showed they could score on Rask and that they got their speed back.

It is a best 2 out of 3 now with chicago having home ice. ought to be great.

Chara for boston seems to be quiet but Marchand and Bergeron are two pesky guys.

Boston has seemed to crack the code on Crawford (go high, glove-side). Could get ugly for the Blackhawks if they're not careful.

Boston has seemed to crack the code on Crawford (go high, glove-side). Could get ugly for the Blackhawks if they're not careful.

^^ You got this right.

The blackhawks need to stop dinking around with the soft passes and turnovers in their zone which lead to penalties.

I love how the day after the Blackhawks won Crawford is the goalie people say needs to step it up or else. Deadspin included in the pilig on. No mention of Rask who gave up 6 goals...
Anyone think maybe the Blackhawks finally cracked the Rask riddle and play the way that best suits them? They finally played their style of game an controlled the whole game.

I love how the day after the Blackhawks won Crawford is the goalie people say needs to step it up or else. Deadspin included in the pilig on. No mention of Rask who gave up 6 goals...
Anyone think maybe the Blackhawks finally cracked the Rask riddle and play the way that best suits them? They finally played their style of game an controlled the whole game.
Did you watch the game? If so than you know that the Blackhawks had to work harder for their goals than the Bruins. If your an NHL goalie you have to stop the pucks that are visible from stick to net outside 20ft. On almost all of the goals Crawford had great visibility on the puck but his glove wasn't quick enough. Notice that if Rask can see the puck, the puck isn't going in (Game 3). But if you get people in front of the net you can get goals on Rask. Not the case with Crawford. Shoot the puck over the glove and you got a good chance at a goal no matter who is in front of him.

Did you watch the game? If so than you know that the Blackhawks had to work harder for their goals than the Bruins. If your an NHL goalie you have to stop the pucks that are visible from stick to net outside 20ft. On almost all of the goals Crawford had great visibility on the puck but his glove wasn't quick enough. Notice that if Rask can see the puck, the puck isn't going in (Game 3). But if you get people in front of the net you can get goals on Rask. Not the case with Crawford. Shoot the puck over the glove and you got a good chance at a goal no matter who is in front of him.

I have watched them all season and most Blackhawks fans already knew his glove was his weakest part. And throw in he has a tendency to let in goals that have no business of scoring.

I have watched them all season and most Blackhawks fans already knew his glove was his weakest part. And throw in he has a tendency to let in goals that have no business of scoring.

OK. so it seems the hawks need to outscore the bruins because the bruins will get some goals.

Home ice is even and you have a best two out of three.

The first four games could have easily gone to each home team. If the blackhawks win game 5 I think we will see a game 7.

Crawford still needs to do something to shrink down that glove hand side window.

Hawks win!

Great, game. Gotta give the goaltenders kudos because there were a lot of good scoring opportunities that they turned away.

I was seeing overtime because boston was really hitting hard the whole game and it looked like it was taking its toll in the 3rd. I saw the hawks not want to muck it up along the boards much in the 3rd and the bruins were getting the puck and control about as much as they wanted.

Crawford came up big.

I would be surprised if we dont see a game 7 unless the hawks can take advantage of the bruins overplaying and pinching because do or die for them.

Not sure how the Hawks are winning. They seem to let the BB's skate free in front of the goal just waiting to deflect a shot into the goal. Also, Boston has better control of the puck in most cases. Finally, it appeared the BHawks were quicker to the puck than they have been and had great speed with it when they were in front of the defender.

Rask reminds me a lot of Roberto Longo against the Hawks. Stops the first shot regardless of difficulty, but gives big rebounds which Chicago is able to score on.

Rask reminds me a lot of Roberto Longo against the Hawks. Stops the first shot regardless of difficulty, but gives big rebounds which Chicago is able to score on.

Good observation. I think Darren Pang, former goalie, mentioned this that rask's glove hand is so quick they should shoot low and to his blocker side to get rebounds off his pads. Seems to be working.

Not sure how the Hawks are winning. They seem to let the BB's skate free in front of the goal just waiting to deflect a shot into the goal. Also, Boston has better control of the puck in most cases. Finally, it appeared the BHawks were quicker to the puck than they have been and had great speed with it when they were in front of the defender.

I agree and have mentioned this before. The hawks are not near as physical and when the bruins get into the offensive zone they can keep the puck away from the hawks.

But as was mentioned by analysts, Chara and Seidenberg are making some weird mistakes on defense and the bruins are leaving a lot of chicago players unchecked in front of the goal as is chicago at the other end.

There was a time if you went to camp out in front of the goal they would take your head off, the goalie would zip your groin with his stick, or you would just be checked down to the ice or out of the way.

There are a lot more open skaters camped out in front of the nets.

Boy the hawks are still being sloppy trying to get the puck out of their own end. some really dumb turnovers on weak passes have led to most of bruins goals.

This is going to be a wild last 6 minutes, maybe last 6 minutes

Latest posts