Spencer Petras

Dang, he's 6' 5". Nice size for a QB. All I see is that he's committed to Oregon St. I understand he may have opened it back up, but all sites still have committed there. Not sure what to think. The 247 site sucks, IMO.

Rivals has him as a commit. Lots of impressive offers. Very impressive stats and film.

Petras completed 64 percent of his passes as a senior for 4,157 yards and 50 touchdowns to just two interceptions, breaking Jared Goff's school records for yards and touchdowns in a season.

he is a second nathan stanley. we need to send his highlights to all wr's we're recruting. tell them, "here's your qb, fellas"

Thanks for the highlights...reminds of a Wentz/Elway combo...he also looks for a lot of receiver options, quickly...

Great get for Iowa. He can make some incredible throws and has the size we like in a quarterback. There were a few times I think he had too much loft on the ball but his timing was great. Hopefully he can be a great backup for Stanley for the next two years.

Is it me or does that kid throw a pretty good deep ball. A couple of those traveled 50 yards and it looked like a normal motion. Big kid...will get bigger. What a get for us. I was thinking another Nate Stanley also.

Great get for Iowa. He can make some incredible throws and has the size we like in a quarterback. There were a few times I think he had too much loft on the ball but his timing was great. Hopefully he can be a great backup for Stanley for the next two years.

i'd wager he'll RS. i'm not gonna forget about peyton mansell either. he's a really top notch prospect. but PM is the back up next season and i think petras RS's.

i'd wager he'll RS. i'm not gonna forget about peyton mansell either. he's a really top notch prospect. but PM is the back up next season and i think petras RS's.
Yeah that is kind of what I was thinking. Almost guarantee he will redshirt next year, which could set him up for a great Hawkeye career.

I have questions on if Mansell is the type of qb we need as he is more of a dual-threat type. But I do think he still has a good enough arm to wing it when he needs to. Just wish we could see a little more of him.