Spearman?

::Goes to Twitter, Types in "Reggie Spearman" and searches recent tweets::

Happy Belated Birthday to Reggie!

From what I've read and seen, guesses that he might be leaving the program seem to be a little premature. It seems like he's having some problems at home in Chicago, and when combined with the grind of camp, a little bit of homesickness, and the fact that yesterday was his birthday, he vented his emotions relatively publicly via Instagram. I haven't personally seen the Insta post, but I've read that it has since been taken down.

From what I've read and seen, guesses that he might be leaving the program seem to be a little premature. It seems like he's having some problems at home in Chicago, and when combined with the grind of camp, a little bit of homesickness, and the fact that yesterday was his birthday, he vented his emotions relatively publicly via Instagram. I haven't personally seen the Insta post, but I've read that it has since been taken down.
I hope you are right. These guys are still young men away from home for the first time, and sometimes they do things based on the raw emotion of the moment. Hopefully he takes some time to think about what is best for he and his family, has a strong support system around him, and then makes a final decision once he's weighed the pros and cons.

Thanks for the measured and reasoned report on this matter. Too often people jump to conclusions about outcomes.

Thx Jumper... You typically know what's going on (or at least better than most around here lol). You've talked me off the ledge for the time being. RS is a real young dude; hopefully he can figure out what's for the best him and his family.

According to Kirk, he hasn't locked done a starting spot either. Is he getting passed by Jewel or Bower? Both? That could have something to do with this as well.

Anyone hapoen to know what was on the instagram?

"I have to take a step back! I'm not happy and I have friends and family dying almost every week. mentally I just feel like giving up and I'm sick of walking around with a fake smile. This football ain't helping right now and I need to help my family and friends and this Financial aid ain't feeding everybody. Just need time alone"

"I have to take a step back! I'm not happy and I have friends and family dying almost every week. mentally I just feel like giving up and I'm sick of walking around with a fake smile. This football ain't helping right now and I need to help my family and friends and this Financial aid ain't feeding everybody. Just need time alone"

Sounds to me like he's planning on transfering to the SEC.

Latest posts