Southeastern/Indian Hills

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you recruit one or both these guys?

Hogue's JUCO coach released an offer list that included Iowa, but I never saw any real evidence that Iowa was recruiting him that seriously. The offer list seemed to be a fabrication designed to spur more interest in Hogue.

The ICCAC is supposed to review the footage sometime this week.

From the sounds of it, Hogue (Iowa State recruit) was running around like a mad man trying to push over and swing at anyone in his way.

I have heard the video of the IH players running over the elderly woman shows more than IH had hoped.

Iowa State recruit Richard Armadi had 1 point in the game. He was pouting on the bench in the first half as IH was down 20 and refused to go back in the game. Did not play in the second half.

IH has two players committed to Iowa State (Hogue, Armadi), UNLV (Kendrick, who scored 11 or 12 points on Kentucky last year while at Ole Miss), Marquette (McKay), and Wisconsin-Milwaukee (White). IH is talented enough to win the national championship if they can survive this incident. Great fan base at the game.

Where is the SCC guard who had 41 points in the game going? I saw he had 29 against the Iowa State recruit KJ Bluford in the game at Northeast Nebraska.

Hogue's JUCO coach released an offer list that included Iowa, but I never saw any real evidence that Iowa was recruiting him that seriously. The offer list seemed to be a fabrication designed to spur more interest in Hogue.

Completely false. Fran was at several of his games and offered. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

From the sounds of it, Hogue (Iowa State recruit) was running around like a mad man trying to push over and swing at anyone in his way.

I have heard the video of the IH players running over the elderly woman shows more than IH had hoped.

Iowa State recruit Richard Armadi had 1 point in the game. He was pouting on the bench in the first half as IH was down 20 and refused to go back in the game. Did not play in the second half.

IH has two players committed to Iowa State (Hogue, Armadi), UNLV (Kendrick, who scored 11 or 12 points on Kentucky last year while at Ole Miss), Marquette (McKay), and Wisconsin-Milwaukee (White). IH is talented enough to win the national championship if they can survive this incident. Great fan base at the game.

Where is the SCC guard who had 41 points in the game going? I saw he had 29 against the Iowa State recruit KJ Bluford in the game at Northeast Nebraska.

From what I've heard, I don't think he (Jordan Stevens) has signed anywhere yet, but he's only a freshman. My honest opinion is that he needs another year of juco. He has the ability of taking over a game, but at the same time has major issues when it comes to his ability to make smart decisions, takes a ton of bad shots, and has a ton of mental lapses. Don't get me wrong he's a great player, but he's also one that can just as easily cause your hair to fall out.
I think he could be great, but as I've said he's one of those players that if he comes back for a soph year it's great, but at the same time if he decided to leave I'd be more than OK with that. He had two ideal chances to win the game against Hills on Saturday, but missed the front end of a one and one, which ended up giving IHCC a chance to tie it up at the end of regulation and then coming out of a time out at the end of the first overtime 9with about 8 seconds left) failed to put any effort into an out of bounds play at mid court that ended up with him walking the ball across half court and simply throwing up a prayer behind the arc rather than attacking the hoop and possibly drawing a foul. He also made a number of bad shots and stupid decisions in the final overtime that put the game out of reach. He put up 41 points, and carried the team the majority of the game, but at the same time I think he had just as much to do with costing his team the game as he did keeping them in it.

Regarding the injured elderly women, it was inexcusable as both teams had already been seperated and left the court. While I don't think it was right that the coach received stitches after trying to seperate the players or that Coach Carroll's son was received a blow to the face requiring medical attention the fact remains that these two were involved in trying to seperate the players. The elderly woman, not as she was simply knocked over after they'd already been seperated once. I'm sure the player had no intention of harming the woman, but should be held accountable for his actions.

Update: The Ottumwa Courier announced that suspensions were handed out late last night. For Indian Hills there coach is suspended for their game tonight. Ronald Ross received a 3 game suspension, Amardi, Hogue, Stevens, and Ndiaye all got 2 games. Conveniently they have 2 regular season games remaining before post season play begins.

The article also indicated that 5 Blackhawks were also suspended but didn't indicate the severity of the suspensions and whether or not any coaches will be suspended for their regular season finale. Anxious to see whether or not all of SCC's suspensions would carry over into the post season as they only have one regular season game remaining and all Hills players involved received multiple games.

Edit: I haven't been able to find anything regarding which Blackhawks were suspended.

If the clowns want these thug kids they can have them. We will beat them whoever they put out there. See scoreboard from earlier this year.

I just heard on the radio that SCC had 4 players suspended for 2 games. Tyrie Orosco, Debonair Edwards, Dante Jackson, and marlon Court. So they miss the first round of playoffs while Indian Hills will have 4 of their players back and only lose Ross for their first playoff game. I realize its the same amount of games, but while Hills should survive it and make a run at the playoffs SCC's fate is basically sealed. Don't like this at all, because it conveniently sees that the #3 in the country has the players back needed to make a run at a championship while the Blackhawks are decimated.

A huge ghetto fight....suspend them all.

II agree. I think that would be fair, but to say that one team loses 3 starters for their first playoff game simply because they only have one regular season game left, but the other team has the extra game so isn't effected IMO is crap. I just find it ironic that the player who put 20 stitches in a fans mouth is back on the court after 3 games, regardless of his future appearance in court and putting an 80 year old lady in the hospital only warrants 2 games. Makes sense. Wonder what would have happened if it didn't happen to the #3 team in the nation and the regions best shot at a NC.

I didn't even know that about the stitches and old lady. Absolutely ridic. If I were a d1 coach I wouldn't go near any of them. Nothing worse than a bunch of thugs like that.

If I'm Fred Hoiberg, I have to be wondering just what I'm getting into with these two. Athletics aside, these are not traits of strong team players.

I said while watching the fight that I'd be amazed if either team even had a post season. At the time it happened I figured all players involved would be suspended for the remainder of the season, but at least this way SCC has 100% of the players involved out for the start of post season while the suspension affects 17% (including the suspended coach) of the players involved for Hills. Unbelievable.

Latest posts