Sounds like some bad news on the OL depth front.

Well "perhaps" you should use your intelligence (assuming you have some sense you claim you went to Iowa) and not make ill-advised posts prematurely without credible information. Of course it makes it look worse when you have a clone name. Like I said, I could care less whether you admit it or not. It's just bad timing and lack of information that's all.

While you're pointing out my assumptions how bout I point out yours. Like your assumptions that started this entire thread. Wouldn't it be an assumption to assume Koeppel is injured to the point that he "can't play division 1 football" like you said??? Wouldn't it be an assumption to assume CH quit the team when no credible source has claimed that yet???

Obviously the truth will come out very shortly. If both are out, then let's have a discussion about lack of depth. I've spent the last half hour researching the moped accident and by all accounts it sounds like his injuries are minor.

Last edited:
thejumper

There's another thread discussing the rumors so why would he need to start another one? There's no reason to jump on the guys that started the other thread because they are simply discussing the rumors. Discussing the rumors is one thing. Assuming they are true and bringing up depth issues when nothing has been confirmed yet is quite another. I've already admitted it doesn't help that he's a clone fan. That's pretty obvious. I'm just saying, use a little common sense and wait these types of things out before you start jumping to conclusions. When a cyclone fan makes the post he did with poor timing and lack of information these things are gonna happen.

Last edited:
thejumper

There's another thread discussing the rumors so why would he need to start another one? There's no reason to jump on the guys that started the other thread because they are simply discussing the rumors. Discussing the rumors is one thing. Assuming they are true and bringing up depth issues when nothing has been confirmed yet is quite another. I've already admitted it doesn't help that he's a clone fan. That's pretty obvious. I'm just saying, use a little common sense and wait these types of things out before you start jumping to conclusions. When a cyclone fan makes the post he did with poor timing and lack of information these things are gonna happen.

Are you looking in a mirror when you say not to jump to conclusions? I ask because he isn't a Cyclone fan, that is a conclusion that you jumped to. Mesa clearly said that he is very relieved that Koeppel's life isn't threatened and that he hopes he is back soon. He said he is concerned about him being able to play the next few weeks. I take that to mean that he wants him to play the next few weeks, not that he doesn't want him to.

Mesaclone is a Hawk fan guys. He was just starting a thread to see if anyone had heard anything about a rumor. Are you going to jump on the person that started another thread about the same thing?

If you are a fan of the Hawks then why create a name on a Hawk board with the word "clone" unless your screen name is Ih8clones. When I see Mesaclone as a name, the only thing that sticks out to me is "clone". Seems like a dumba$$ decision on his part.

If you are a fan of the Hawks then why create a name on a Hawk board with the word "clone" unless your screen name is Ih8clones. When I see Mesaclone as a name, the only thing that sticks out to me is "clone". Seems like a dumba$$ decision on his part.

Let me rephrase (I mis-spoke). He is a Clone fan, but he is definitely a Hawk fan. He is a self-claimed Iowa alum, so I presume thats his school of choice. Regardless, his posts in this thread have (based on my conclusions) not had any ill-will in them. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions.

I don't know if I agree about the ******* part, but the clone part sticks out to me as well. If Mesa isn't fond of the heat he is getting, that's something he should have thought about before using that as his screen name.

Let me rephrase (I mis-spoke). He is a Clone fan, but he is definitely a Hawk fan. He is a self-claimed Iowa alum, so I presume thats his school of choice. Regardless, his posts in this thread have (based on my conclusions) not had any ill-will in them. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions.

I understand that there are a few individuals out there than can somehow handle the stress of being both an ISU fan and an Iowa fan. I get that. But if you like the Hawks and respect them then why join a Hawk message board and use the name "Mesaclone"? Did we need to know he was a clone fan too? No! Of course not. He did it to bring attention to himself. He's no more a hawk fan than Paul Rhoads.

The heat doesn't bother me a bit, Shada. However, stupidity does.

I am an Iowa fan...and yes, I'm also a Cyclone fan as well. ISU is my first team, I have never denied this...but I'm a full scale Hawkeye fan every weekend...you may not think that's possible, but I can assure you that it is. And I'm far from the only one. Interestingly, my brother is just the opposite...a Hawkeye first but still an avid fan of ISU when they aren't playing each other. MANY people root for both teams...out in the real world. Perhaps not as much amongst the "message board" fans.

FYI, I've been rooting for Iowa since the Bob Commings days..and attended Iowa back in the mid 80's. Spent a lot of days in Kinnick stadium shouting my a** off for the Hawks. So people are free to believe what they will about my fandom...and some will choose the path of idiocy, which is apparent in this thread...but most will understand the reality of it.

Seems like a dumba$$ decision on his part.
Well...that says a lot more about you than it does about me...and not in a good way.

Last edited:

I am an Iowa fan...and yes, I'm also a Cyclone fan as well. ISU is my first team, I have never denied this...but I'm a full scale Hawkeye fan every weekend...you may not think that's possible, but I can assure that it is. Interestingly, my brother is just the opposite...a Hawkeye first but still an avid fan of ISU when they aren't playing each other. I've been rooting for Iowa since the Bob Commings days..and attended Iowa back in the mid 80's. Spent a lot of days in Kinnick stadium shouting my a** off for the Hawks. So people are free to believe what they will about my fandom...and some will choose the path of idiocy, which is apparent in this thread...but most will understand the reality of it.

Well...that says a lot more about you than it does about me...and not in a good way.

The only complaint I have about you is your refusal to use the quote button! :)

It's pretty apparent you are hoping he is injured enough not to be available for ISU.

Perhaps to an idiot its apparent. Not to anyone with a scintilla of intelligence. Not only am I an Iowa alumni, I go to the local Hawk bar to watch the Hawks out here in AZ...pretty much every weekend. And nobody cheers louder than I do for the Hawks. So perhaps you should know what you're talking about before blathering.

"sounds like you would love for us to be thin on the o-line"
Really...or perhaps you just assumed it, incorrectly, because I have Clone in my moniker.

Do you not know how to use the quote button?
Yes...yes I do. =)

This is comical -- he is a Hawk fan the same way as claims he is an Independent!

Take cover!!!!!

Shadas Revenge...Classic Pic...this is the reason you're "tailgating" fun is now ruined. You have one of your own, busting your colleges butt b/c of logo that supports underage drinking c'mon, stupid silly people who live under a rock.

HawkfromNorwalk...just like you posting you've lived in Ames, of course not Iowa City...thanks for letting ISU take your money...typical TH.

All in good fun.
Also MesaClone is also a hawk/Clone, that is legend poster on many boards. May want to lighten up since he does have some great insight.

Finally I do hope he is ok and CH should have went to ISU, he'd probably be starting as thin as we were up front. He followed Neilsen, to IA, which in the end, he is packing up shop, great wasted HS talent.

Mesa, I was doing some trolling on the CF board earlier today, and if my memory serves me right, I remember seeing a multi page thread regarding Hundertmark leaving the UI and the possibility of him playing in Ames. Didn't read the thread. Could this be an attempt to clarify the rumors so you will have some inside info in regards to said thread? I'm not saying, I'm just saying. :)

I am an Iowa fan...and yes, I'm also a Cyclone fan as well. ISU is my first team, I have never denied this...but I'm a full scale Hawkeye fan every weekend...you may not think that's possible, but I can assure you that it is. And I'm far from the only one. Interestingly, my brother is just the opposite...a Hawkeye first but still an avid fan of ISU when they aren't playing each other. MANY people root for both teams...out in the real world. Perhaps not as much amongst the "message board" fans.

FYI, I've been rooting for Iowa since the Bob Commings days..and attended Iowa back in the mid 80's. Spent a lot of days in Kinnick stadium shouting my a** off for the Hawks. So people are free to believe what they will about my fandom...and some will choose the path of idiocy, which is apparent in this thread...but most will understand the reality of it.

Really? You graduated from Iowa, choose to root for ISU, then come onto a Hawkeye board and create a username with "clone" in it. And you then expect people to respect you? Are you ******* serious? Seems like a ***** move to me. Why don't you wander your ISU lovin' *** back to Cyclone Fanatic where you can sit there and pet each other thinking about how great your 2010 4-8 season is going to be?

Honest to god...I try to stay away from Cyclonefanatic as much as possible. There's a few good posters...and some good stories from Chris Williams...and a sea of idiots posting on the boards. ISU confidential on the rivals site is the best place for "reasoned" Cyclone discussions. And this board is great...because the moderators keep it that way. I've followed Mr. Miller for more years than I care to count. He does a great job...and I think is very fair to both schools.

You graduated from Iowa, choose to root for ISU, then come onto a Hawkeye board and create a username with "clone" in it. And you then expect people to respect you? Are you ******* serious? Seems like a ***** move to me.

I grew up not far from Ames and drove down for every game...starting back in the days of Clyde Williams field. For my dad and myself, it was the greatest father-son bonding thing imagineable...just some great times. And the loyalty I developed than for ISU will always be with me...till the day I die. But he never taught me to hate Iowa, and I remember being huddled over the radio listening to Hawk football and basketball games back in the 70's...I grew up listening to Zabel scream about Bruce "Sky" King. So I grew to love the Hawks as well...and going to school at Iowa cemented that.

I'm sorry if you disapprove of the fact that I'm still loyal to ISU...that's your problem, not mine. I enjoy rooting for both teams and will continue to do so, whether you approve or not. Ditto for posting on the board here.

And considering your childish and rude behavior, I'm guessing more than a few of your fellow Hawk fans would prefer YOU go away before I do.

Shadas Revenge...Classic Pic...this is the reason you're "tailgating" fun is now ruined. You have one of your own, busting your colleges butt b/c of logo that supports underage drinking c'mon, stupid silly people who live under a rock.

HawkfromNorwalk...just like you posting you've lived in Ames, of course not Iowa City...thanks for letting ISU take your money...typical TH.

All in good fun.
Also MesaClone is also a hawk/Clone, that is legend poster on many boards. May want to lighten up since he does have some great insight.

Finally I do hope he is ok and CH should have went to ISU, he'd probably be starting as thin as we were up front. He followed Neilsen, to IA, which in the end, he is packing up shop, great wasted HS talent.

Tavern Hawk loud and proud. I did live in Ames. I even attended ISU for a time. My wife graduated from there. Even then I wouldn't pull for that shitass program from Ames. So congrats to ISU for getting some of my money. I hope it went toward those awful *** uniforms your team wears.

Thanks for being respectful about it, even though I know deep down you're probably satisfied.
You couldn't be more wrong. I cheer for the Hawks every weekend but one...and I absolutely would never be happy to see a kid hurt or leaving school..any school. So that was somewhat uncalled for...I want Iowa's OL to be as strong as possible and if the Hawks have an awesome year...I'll be damn near as excited as anyone on the board.

Latest posts