Sounds like some bad news on the OL depth front.

I agree that this thread is ridiculous. However, I must say if you are going to throw Clone in your username, without any Hawk reference, you are kind of asking for your threads to be interpreted a certain way.

I disagree. I post over at cyclonefanatic and they treat me well because I post respectfully.

MesaClone seems rather respectful his his posts too. He doesn't deserve the crap that some of these "Iowa fans" are flinging at him.

I disagree. I post over at cyclonefanatic and they treat me well because I post respectfully.

MesaClone seems rather respectful his his posts too. He doesn't deserve the crap that some of these "Iowa fans" are flinging at him.

This post just screams "respectful"

It's pretty apparent you are hoping he is injured enough not to be available for ISU.

Perhaps to an idiot its apparent. Not to anyone with a scintilla of intelligence. Not only am I an Iowa alumni, I go to the local Hawk bar to watch the Hawks out here in AZ...pretty much every weekend. And nobody cheers louder than I do for the Hawks. So perhaps you should know what you're talking about before blathering.

I don't take part in any of the ISU bashing that goes on here.
I don't care what his screen name is.
To me it seemed pretty simple as to what he was alluding to and the way he handled the criticism makes me beleive that even more.

I don't take part in any of the ISU bashing that goes on here.
I don't care what his screen name is.
To me it seemed pretty simple as to what he was alluding to and the way he handled the criticism makes me beleive that even more.

That is after somebody already stupidly jumped on his case.

There's nothing wrong with a poster sticking up for himself.

I prefer take more of a "turn the other cheek" approach." However, all MesaClone was alluding was that those who were reading into things were being kinda dumb .... sorry, but I agree with him.

Mesaclone roots for Iowa except in the ISU game. This offends some Iowa fans so much they hijack the thread and try to insinuate mesaclone's stupidity. Jeeze, you hate the clowns that much? Take your blood pressure medicine. Get a life.

Mesaclone, ignore the dopes. I have.

I'm going to put this to bed because it seems like I tend to get under peoples skin pretty easily over here and that isn't necessarily my intention (most of the time).

Its a good thing some of you guys aren't mods on this site. Some of you are worse than the Mods you complain about on cyclonefanatic. Does honest feedback from a neutral poster like Mesa bother you that much.

I own a home in Norwalk, I have Warren county plates, and this is where I will raise my family. Therefore, I am from Norwalk. Anything else you want to add to the conversation there buddy?

There wasn't much of a conversation to begin with, buddy. Just a bunch of internet tough guys singling out a guy who was wishing wellness to an injured athlete.

How was anyone supposed to know he calls himself a Hawkeye fan when his sn is Mesaclone? Maybe he should put a permanent statement under his name that explains that to people. He had to explain himself after he was called out. Are we supposed to read minds and know he was a Hawk fan? What he said coming from a Hawk fan compared to coming from a Cyclone fan are two completely different scenarios. My point was, for a Cyclone fan to come on a Hawkeye board and discuss o-line depth issues based off of unconfirmed rumors is a pretty stupid idea. Wait until it all plays out... if it all ended up being true and then the thread was started I would have had no ill-will towards what he said whether he was a clone or not. I would have thought he was just here to talk football.

I guarantee you if I went over to CycloneFanatic with a Hawk in my sn and started questioning their depth issues after 2 guys were rumored to be out, the same thing would happen.

I just want to conclude this whole mess by thanking those who've been kind and actually grown-up in this thread. Yes, I have "clone" in my name on this site...I did so to prevent any sense of false advertising, and because I AM a cyclone fan. It is not, and was not, my intention to be provocative with my user name. Finally, all I wanted to do here was express concern for the player who'd been hurt, and have a discussion about the Offensive line and how the potential loss of CH and JK might effect depth. Why some took that as happiness over the loss of two players...only god knows.

Anyway, to the "good" Hawk fans I do apologize for where this thread has gone...in the future I'll try to ignore the "juveniles" when they show up and make over the top statements. It was my error in getting drawn into that sort of childishness and I will hope to avoid that in the future.

I just want to conclude this whole mess by thanking those who've been kind and actually grown-up in this thread. Yes, I have "clone" in my name on this site...I did so to prevent any sense of false advertising, and because I AM a cyclone fan. It is not, and was not, my intention to be provocative with my user name. Finally, all I wanted to do here was express concern for the player who'd been hurt, and have a discussion about the Offensive line and how the potential loss of CH and JK might effect depth. Why some took that as happiness over the loss of two players...only god knows.

Anyway, to the "good" Hawk fans I do apologize for where this thread has gone...in the future I'll try to ignore the "juveniles" when they show up and make over the top statements. It was my error in getting drawn into that sort of childishness and I will hope to avoid that in the future.

Fine. I'll follow you example and follow you on the high road. I hope you receive the courtesy over here that i was not afforded over on CF.

Latest posts