Something about all the losses.

sioux34

I have not read through all the threads, so maybe this has been covered. Why is it that in each of our losses, someone on the opposing team has a career scoring night? I would have liked to see one of our bigs take a hard foul against the slasher last night. I don't want him injured, just a little more cautious shooting. I can recall in my playing days making good use of a foul from time to time.

I hear what you are saying and agree... they let that kid punk them last night. He was just too comfortable. So comfortable that he even had the guts to do the slash throat gesture after making the 7th 3 pt shot. Something that would have gotten him thrown off the court against anyone else.
Congrats to him, not slighting him... he took advantage of a team that wasn't willing to do anything about it. When Iowa learns how to do something about it is when this team will turn the tide. Right now they just have too much Lickliter in them to react with grit to anything. I seen more intensity out of FM last night than I have EVER seen out of Lick. The way a leader reacts to things is contagious. They will become more intense. I just hope to see it sooner than later.
The main reason I wanted Iowa to win last night was so that the ISU fans wouldn't be so dang irritating the rest of the winter... otherwise I am fine with just watching the Hawkeyes get better.

I really depends on how you look at the correlation. While Christopherson had a career game, Garrett had one of the worst games of his career.

I've watched it several times on DVR. It was more of a cut the tape, stop rolling the cameras gesture if you ask me, but it was still inappropriate.

I really depends on how you look at the correlation. While Christopherson had a career game, Garrett had one of the worst games of his career.

from a shooting standpoint he did. But that's only part of the story, and it was primarily in the first half when he went 1 for 15. In the second half he shot 44% from the field. He also had 6 boards, 6 assists, and 4 steals.

Ya this has been covered. But I will cover it again. When you play bad defense it is really easy for the other team to score. Therefore, the chances for big games go up.

True, but how many times are you willing to leave him wide open? He went into the game shooting close to if not over 60%, leave anyone open, but him.

Last night we missed a lot of jump shots which can lead to transition offense giving a good shooter open looks at three. We have to get back on transition.

I was guessing...based on what I saw against the Wake freshman...that Christopherson would put up 30. That was the exact number I used...a lucky guess I know. I still thought we would win and think we would have if we had made FTs and 3-footers. Those misses turned into fast break points. ISU could do nothing in the half court other than the one guy. He gets his 30 and we win by 10 if we just make some FTs and layups.

missed layups, freethrows, and 18 turnovers led to Iowa's loss more than leaving some cocky dbag open

It's an Iowa thing apparently.

We also make every opposing QB an All-American when they play us.

Fran's game plan (notice I didn't use the S word) is never going to be a stalwart defensive scheme. That being said, the Hawks don't have a guy who is athletic enough to shut down an opposing team's best perimeter scorer. May is the Hawk's best athlete, but he doesn't have the best flexibility or ability to move side to side.

Fran's game plan (notice I didn't use the S word) is never going to be a stalwart defensive scheme. That being said, the Hawks don't have a guy who is athletic enough to shut down an opposing team's best perimeter scorer. May is the Hawk's best athlete, but he doesn't have the best flexibility or ability to move side to side.

I don't know, at Seina those guys played in your face defese and helped out very well. Iowa is doing that in spots, but when implementing a new style it takes time. It can be practiced all you want and I am sure it is, but when the staff has a comfort level doing it more, they will.
The problem right now, is what do you sacrifice going to playing that style because I think Marble most of all understands how to play that way, so who do you take off the floor?

The one thing that really excites me about Iowa moving forward, is they lose only Cole. Does anyone remember the days that Iowa used to bring on 5 new guys off the bench? Those days are coming again, then there will be little to no dropoff in what the team is trying to accomplish. It will just take a couple years to get that type of depth, maybe as early as next year with Oglesby/White and possibly two more players coming in next year.

Question: With the emergence of Brommer, is it as important to fill both scholarships with bigs or should Iowa go after a guard that is just down right athletic, possibly an under-recruited guy and one big?

I have thought Iowa needs a long and quick wing player to slash tonthe basket and play shutdown defense. Just really now quick twitch guys on the perimeter.

I have thought Iowa needs a long and quick wing player to slash tonthe basket and play shutdown defense. Just really now quick twitch guys on the perimeter.

We have needed a player like that for years. The last one Iowa had a shot at was E'twan Moore.

Latest posts