Some of the Kool-aid drinkers are amazing

DesMoinesHawki

Wow ... I want to hire some of you as my boss ... Then, I would not have to meet any expectations and you would pay me a hefty salary ... Iowa basketball is non-existent ... We have become the Nebraska of the Big 10 ... A football-only school that happens to have a basketball team ...

I am all about optimism but some of the die-hard fans who try to blow smoke up everyone's a** about the future of this team under Lick simply amaze me ... We are a bad program now. We are going to be a bad program next year ... Four freshmen does not equal a tournament appearance ... Are you willing to settle for mediocrity for the next two, three, four years? By then the women's swim team will be bringing in more fans ...

Stop the bleeding Barta ... Do it. Spare us all ... This is not working ... It has not worked in year's 1 and 2 ... It's not working in year 3 ... and it is not going to work in year 4 ...

Iowa basketball has become one of the biggest jokes in Division 1 ... We can't expect the football team to carry the rest of our teams ...

Bluder? How long is this very average coach going to be allowed to collect a $300,000 annual salary for a very mediocre product? Holy cow ... Barta needs to step it up. When he came on board he said he expects to compete for Big 10 championships in every sport ... Yet two "major" sports are being allowed to go in the tank ...

The Lick experiment is not working ... Bluder has done a very mediocre job with the women ...

"Boy, we sure took it to East Appalachian State last night ... Fuller had 33 points and is going to be all Big 10 next season." ...

Uggghh ... how sad Iowa basketball has come to this=

* the kool-aid drinkers who will somehow turn a turd into a snickers bar
* the fans who just went away (majority) ... they just quick caring ... they quit showing up. This is the group Barta should be most concerned with ... Future generations of fans are at stake here.
* the fans who mildly follow the program ...

Enough is enough ... Accept you made the wrong hire ... That is life ... Move on ... You can't kill a program just to save face ... Year. No. 3 .. is the program in better shape today than when Lick arrived??? ... Uhhhh .... no ...

Great post................................................................................................................................................NOT!!!!!!!
________
xHotAngeLx

Last edited:
We haven't been consistently relevant in 20 years. What's another year. Lick was dealt a tough hand and probably didn't play his cards real well initially either. But there aren't many quick fixes to this program, and simply hiring another coach to flounder in mediocrity doesn't neccesarily make sense. We can't hire an established coach. Unless we are willing to hire a coach who has significant connections and will recruit the gray area (prep schools & AAU teams) this program is on a long-term plan to respectability.

Lets allow Lick to finish this year. Give him another year, hopefully with a full roster of guys he recruited, and examine his status at the end of next year. Also, for recruiting purposes next year is a better year to make a decision, as we don't have many scholarships available for 2011. 4 years is a fair amount of time to judge a body of work.

Last edited:
Wow ... I want to hire some of you as my boss ... Then, I would not have to meet any expectations and you would pay me a hefty salary ... Iowa basketball is non-existent ... We have become the Nebraska of the Big 10 ... A football-only school that happens to have a basketball team ...

I am all about optimism but some of the die-hard fans who try to blow smoke up everyone's a** about the future of this team under Lick simply amaze me ... We are a bad program now. We are going to be a bad program next year ... Four freshmen does not equal a tournament appearance ... Are you willing to settle for mediocrity for the next two, three, four years? By then the women's swim team will be bringing in more fans ...

Stop the bleeding Barta ... Do it. Spare us all ... This is not working ... It has not worked in year's 1 and 2 ... It's not working in year 3 ... and it is not going to work in year 4 ...

Iowa basketball has become one of the biggest jokes in Division 1 ... We can't expect the football team to carry the rest of our teams ...

Bluder? How long is this very average coach going to be allowed to collect a $300,000 annual salary for a very mediocre product? Holy cow ... Barta needs to step it up. When he came on board he said he expects to compete for Big 10 championships in every sport ... Yet two "major" sports are being allowed to go in the tank ...

The Lick experiment is not working ... Bluder has done a very mediocre job with the women ...

"Boy, we sure took it to East Appalachian State last night ... Fuller had 33 points and is going to be all Big 10 next season." ...

* the fans who just went away (majority) ... they just quick caring ... they quit showing up. This is the group Barta should be most concerned with ... Future generations of fans are at stake here.

Enough is enough ... Accept you made the wrong hire ... That is life ... Move on ... You can't kill a program just to save face ... Year. No. 3 .. is the program in better shape today than when Lick arrived??? ... Uhhhh .... no ...

I will drink Kool-aid all day long over the p!ss and vinegar that you are obviously drinking!

I wish I was your boss too, but it wouldn't last long because I don't like to surround myself with negative people.

Hope Floats. Get on a boat and have some fun. Your negative attitude is depressing on a Friday.

I'm guessing that this ^^^^^^
Great post................................................................................................................................................NOT!!!!!!!
This
I will drink Kool-aid all day long over the p!ss and vinegar that you are obviously drinking!
This
I wish I was your boss too, but it wouldn't last long because I don't like to surround myself with negative people.

and this probably weren't the kind of reactions the OP was looking for. Maybe.

Hey DsmHawki, try a little taste of the Kool-aid, it sure beats the Hater-aid your addicted to.

And while we're at it, if the football team gets any less than 11 wins next year it's a letdown and the program is taking a step back. Fire Ferentz too!

Who in your expert opinion should we get to replace him? The only person that comes to my mind that would be a definitive upgrade is Bruce Pearl. If Barta can pull that off, sign me up.

These Kool-Aid drinkers ARE amazing! Amazingly talented!! Drums AND Tambourine!! LOLOLOL ROLMFAO!!111 W00T!! Ellipses!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYS7aQY1iZI"]YouTube- Kool-Aid commercial - disco?[/ame]

Would it make you feel better if Lick was spending his time on HawkeyeNation like you apparently are during work? Assuming you have a job...

Ahhhh the kool-aid drinkers have come up ... You did not disappoint ... Keep drinking it!! You amaze me ... Enjoy Iowa basketball!!

For Des Moines' sake i will use "if", but "if" the hawks get back to winning under lick, which i believe they will, would u be willing to admit u were wrong, cuz i'll admit right now i was wrong about alford and thinking he was the guy for the job?

Let me get this straight:

You would fire a guy for hoping the 'team' performs at their best and is better than 40% successful?

Please tell me you are not in management.

I'm guessing it would be for negative attitude. I'm in management and I've done that very thing.
________
Leather Webcams

Last edited:

Latest posts