Some of the Kool-aid drinkers are amazing

Hey, Spank, how did Mr. Kool-Aid hang onto one ring with one hand extended outward like that? Dude must have been a stud back in the day. No way he could still do that.

I'm guessing it would be for negative attitude. I'm in management and I've done that very thing.

Was your product as bad as Iowa's then? How do you keep people positive when nearly every time you came up against decent competition you lost? I think this era of Iowa basketball shows how good of a fan base Iowa has, because I really doubt most places would still have this kind of support.

Ahhhh the kool-aid drinkers have come up ... You did not disappoint ... Keep drinking it!! You amaze me ... Enjoy Iowa basketball!!
KoolAid.jpg

Do you have a different plan to change things? As said before I also believe Bruce Pearl would be great. I'm guessing we went after him before and were unsuccessful. Many of you may know more on the Pearl subject. I don't think we can lure a big name coach in here right now anyway.

A new coach won't take us to the top of the big 10 in a year or two which it seems like many people think is possible. Right now, we have a lack of good options. That is why I have tried to support the team and the coaching staff. I guess I still have some hope that it can get better and I really think if we don't lose people this can become true. However, the big 10 is going to keep getting tougher each year with all the good coaches.

As to firing people. Negative people in the workplace should all be fired depending on job description. People also get fired from work for not doing their job. Both are correct. I'm waiting for a new thread to start on firing people.

Let me get this straight:

You would fire a guy for hoping the 'team' performs at their best and is better than 40% successful?

Please tell me you are not in management.

I think anyone in management who had any common sense would fire such a Debbie Downer like this.

OK, we all know the program isn't very good right now. Do we need to here guys b**** and moan about the same things over and over again? If I'm running a business or such and somebody did this, then your d*** right he'd get fired.

You kool-aid drinkers keep holding onto that dream that Lick is going to lead us to the promise land ... All 19 of you can car pool together to Carver ... Wow ... not only has our basketball program become mediocre but so have our fans ... Just keep bending over and taking it ... "Nothin's wrong with this program. Coach Lick won coach of the year in 2007. He won at Butler. He will win here. He just needs more time ..." blah, blah, blah ...

Oh man, now I am going to be singing this song all day. (BTW, the Kool-aid pitcher in this sounds like Barney.)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKY2O4KFmMU"]YouTube- 1950's Kool Aid Commercial[/ame]

Love or hate Dane Cook, this one is always great:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRQ4CEIQA_g"]YouTube- Dane Cook Kool-Aid[/ame]

No lip sync here:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flaPMXw5LOg&feature=related"]YouTube- Kool Aide Man vs. Chocolate Rain[/ame]

(Axe this if it is too much)

You kool-aid drinkers keep holding onto that dream that Lick is going to lead us to the promise land ... All 19 of you can car pool together to Carver ... Wow ... not only has our basketball program become mediocre but so have our fans ... Just keep bending over and taking it ... "Nothin's wrong with this program. Coach Lick won coach of the year in 2007. He won at Butler. He will win here. He just needs more time ..." blah, blah, blah ...

Some of you Antagonists are downright Unbelievable!!!!

Bluder? How long is this very average coach going to be allowed to collect a $300,000 annual salary for a very mediocre product? Holy cow ... Barta needs to step it up. When he came on board he said he expects to compete for Big 10 championships in every sport ... Yet two "major" sports are being allowed to go in the tank ...

Bluder has done a very mediocre job with the women

Enough is enough ... Accept you made the wrong hire ... That is life ... Move on ... You can't kill a program just to save face .

This is probably the dumbest--if the most shrill--post here yet.

First consider the FACTS:

Lisa Bluder has been twice Coach of the Year in the BT. Before that three times COY in the MVC in her ten years at Drake. She was National COY.

Her last two BT teams have finished 1st & 2nd. She has won 2 BT championshsips in her nine years, 4 MVC championships at Drake. National small college championship at St Ambrose. In 19 years she has ten 20-win seasons. Her Iowa teams have seven first division finishes in 9 seasons. During her tenure Iowa is 4th in the BT in wins. She has average 11 wins a year in conference. Her record at Iowa is 169-109. Her overall record is 525-251. She was the third youngest coach in history to 300 wins.

More importantly, she has produced more Academic All Big Ten players than any other coach--by a huge margin. She has the highest graduation rate. She has had fewer transfers out of her program in nine years than Alford or Lickliter have had in one year. She has lost only two players for academic reasons in all her years here.

And you can't remember the last time one of her players was involved in a scandal on OR OFF campus---it just never happens.

The woman recruits excellent student-athletes, provides them with the surroundings of a great family environment, makes sure they are fine citizens contributing hugely to the community...

AND SHE WINS.

By the time this season is over, her Hawkeyes will once again have a winning record even though she has lost THREE starters for the entire season, lost her best player for over a month, had her floor-leader & leading scorer crippled by back spasms, lost two other players for a number of weeks & slow return to form, has had to play with as few as six healthy players--including walk-ons, half of them true freshmen (and one of them a walk-on).

Then consider the sheer absurdity of the guy's clueless post.

Latest posts