Social Issue/Political Discussion Relating to Iowa Football

I think it's great that the "accuse everyone else of being racist" board is trying to limit "accuse everyone else of being racist" to one thread. Seems useful.

Right!! I noticed one more contradictory post totally non Iowa related was allowed after I got done trying to explain the entire situation to the inept, including that I would be disappointed if any Hawk player is a follower. As my mom would have said "Just because Colin Kaepernick jumps off a bridge, does that mean you are going to also". To me taking a knee is just about the same as throwing gang signs. Something that should not be allowed in any Hawk sport. I would rather be the doormat in the Big 10, then allow something that says "I stand with black people, against police brutality against black people". At that point just go ahead and admit your allegiance to the Black Panthers. A racist group only concerned with police brutality against blacks and not against all races. Against the plight of the poor African Americans but not against the poor of other races.
So again as it pertains to Hawkeye sports and sports in general, I don't know who you think you are going to be kneeling for when nobody is watching.
Now that said, since you want to act like a little asshole. Not from the heart for humanity as a whole, I hope and pray that covid shuts down sports completely. Takes away your stage until you can wrap your head around when you make a gesture or statement for one group/race and one group/race only. THAT IS RACIST AND BIASED.. Making you guilty of what you are accusing.
Same thing with if a black coach would have said it, it couldn't have been racist but since a white one did, then it is racist. Careful, your racism is showing by making it about race.

Consider judgment rendered.

Last edited:
Yawn. Another crybaby story that will get discussed for a week and play no part in the firing of any coaches. Akrum is a momma’s boy who was far from home and couldn’t handle his new surroundings and hard ass coaches trying to discipline him into becoming a man.

I'm torn on the NFL part of his deal. His deal wasn't like DJK who NEVER even got a foot in the door. Wadley went to camp with the Titans. A team I thought he shoulda landed the 3rd RB job there easily. But he didn't and wasn't picked up by anyone else. Then couldn't stick with the other leagues either which he shoulda dominated at. So from just that side of it I don't see any blackballing. He's the type of dime a dozen talent that if in the right situation I could see being successful in the league. Or not quite good enough. It's an awefully fine line and especially at that position.
The NFL part is totally bogus. Wadley got more than his fair share of chances on pro football fields.

However, if what he's saying regarding how he was treated at Iowa is true, BF and KF need to go.

Cancelling a kid's meal card? WTF...

How you could support these coaches is beyond me. Black or white how could you be ok with community service punishments with no reason given or cancelling someone's meal card?

If the NFL is willing to draft a guy in the first round while analysts play a video of him beating the living shit out of a woman, I think someone can survive not getting a glowing review from Kirk Ferentz.

The "blackball" stuff is complete horseshit.

And comparing racial insensitivity to child rape is ridiculous Fryowa.

Yawn. Another crybaby story that will get discussed for a week and play no part in the firing of any coaches. Akrum is a momma’s boy who was far from home and couldn’t handle his new surroundings and hard ass coaches trying to discipline him into becoming a man.
LOL. Coming from a keyboard warrior tough guy who's hardest experience everyday is trying to tie his shoes with his gut in the way.

And Wadley's contributions were a huge part of winning ballgames at Iowa, but you probably forgot about that part. BF seemed to want all the benefits of a Wadley type guy but also retain the rights to bully him however he saw fit?

Lol, what part of my post is white privilege? If you're too woke to recognize the contradictory statements from AK and his mom then I can't help you.

Wadley was 5'9 and often under the 190 lb playing weight goal. So you're pretty far off. Also, what connections does KF have with AAF or XFL to get Wadley cut?

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=27262

Exactly this HN site is becoming absolutely weird. Reading the comments from Rob last night and responses from people on here is becoming straight up whacky!!!

The NFL part is totally bogus. Wadley got more than his fair share of chances on pro football fields.

However, if what he's saying regarding how he was treated at Iowa is true, BF and KF need to go.

Cancelling a kid's meal card? WTF...

How you could support these coaches is beyond me. Black or white how could you be ok with community service punishments with no reason given or cancelling someone's meal card?

Lol, you really believe he had his meal card cancelled and had to do community service with no reasoning behind it? Obviously he’s purposely leaving out those details so people as gullible as yourself will latch on to the story without hesitation or second guessing.

If the NFL is willing to draft a guy in the first round while analysts play a video of him beating the living shit out of a woman, I think someone can survive not getting a glowing review from Kirk Ferentz.

The "blackball" stuff is complete horseshit.

And comparing racial insensitivity to child rape is ridiculous Fryowa.
1) "Racial insensitivity" is a euphemism. You can't bring yourself to use the term racist because you're too weak to accept that it could happen at Iowa.

2) I never once compared racism to child rape. Never.

What I compared were people who worship KF and BF no matter what they do or say, even when there's evidence in their faces. They simply do not accept it because they have this apple pie and eagle scouts vision in their heads where the two of them can do no wrong. If @WinOneThisCentury and his buds saw KF rob a bank and shoot someone with their own eyes they wouldn't believe it.

Just like Paterno supporters. That's the comparison. But you want to be dramatic and steer away from the real point of what I was saying. You're trying to discount my comment by saying I compared racism to child rape. That's bush league, and a textbook tactic of someone who doesn't have an intelligent rebuttal.

Lol, you really believe he had his meal card cancelled and had to do community service with no reasoning behind it? Obviously he’s purposely leaving out those details so people as gullible as yourself will latch on to the story without hesitation or second guessing.
I'm not saying it couldn't have happened. What evidence do you have to the contrary?

And if you look in my post I said "if what he's saying regarding how he was treated at Iowa is true."

But that doesn't fit your outrage so you left that part out, right???

I remember when Akrum was a freshman. I remember how electric he was. I remember him fumbling and never seeing the field again. I remember we had a fullback as our starting RB.

This was one of the most blatant favoritism calls I have seen at Iowa. And there have been a lot.
My memory is getting foggy with time and age, but I thought Shonn Greene had some "ball security" concerns as well and those really cut into his playing time. I mean, Greene was only the best tailback to go through the program in like 40 years and even he rode pine as an underclassman. Goodson is lucky he matriculated to Iowa during the Kirk 2.0 phase.

LOL. Coming from a keyboard warrior tough guy who's hardest experience everyday is trying to tie his shoes with his gut in the way.

And Wadley's contributions were a huge part of winning ballgames at Iowa, but you probably forgot about that part. BF seemed to want all the benefits of a Wadley type guy but also retain the rights to bully him however he saw fit?

just here to point out that calling a dude a keyboard warrior who has 10,000 less posts than you seems a bit hypocritical. Especially coming from a dude that I view as the biggest keyboard warrior in the history of this site. That’s just my humble opinion non the less. I know you won’t care. You’re a man amongst boys here...carry on bully...

Akrum's story is heartbreaking. I don't think Iowa will recruit very well for awhile.

Any one remember what BF said in an interview a few months ago regarding ISM's comment that the only thing that will stop the O this year is Brian. He promised retribution if/when ISM makes a mistake.

This was on either On Iowa or Hawk Central podcast

Last edited:
"What you see on TV isn't what you get behind closed doors."

This is the most telling thing about the whole issue going on with Iowa football.

Yet all the Ferentz sheep like @WinOneThisCentury worship at the feet of Daddy and Baby 'Rentz despite never having met the two of them, especially not in a private capacity.

You guys are in no way different than Joe Paterno deniers.

Yeah that whole last paragraph was pretty much a punch to the nuts. I wasn't on the team with him in any capacity. Anyone that wasn't how can we speak to parts of what he said? The shitty thing is we can't know the coaches side. They won't speak to it and even if they were to how honest would they be? There's no 'getting to the bottom' of things like this. It's just who you going to believe..

1) "Racial insensitivity" is a euphemism. You can't bring yourself to use the term racist because you're too weak to accept that it could happen at Iowa.

2) I never once compared racism to child rape. Never.

What I compared were people who worship KF and BF no matter what they do or say, even when there's evidence in their faces. They simply do not accept it because they have this apple pie and eagle scouts vision in their heads where the two of them can do no wrong. If @WinOneThisCentury and his buds saw KF rob a bank and shoot someone with their own eyes they wouldn't believe it.

Just like Paterno supporters. That's the comparison. But you want to be dramatic and steer away from the real point of what I was saying. You're trying to discount my comment by saying I compared racism to child rape. That's bush league, and a textbook tactic of someone who doesn't have an intelligent rebuttal.
No, I don't think it's racism. The only thing Akrum claims that would even partially fit it would be the mask comments, which could easily be misconstrued.

Hanlon's Razor is never attributing to malice what could easily be attributed to ignorance. I'd say it's a perfect example here and in many other cases.

I also think the comparison is entirely valid. If something is documented enough, people will believe it. Problem is, there isn't near enough convincing evidence to compel a lot of Iowa fans, including myself, to believe many of these stories.

Are we supposed to take Akrum and his mother at face value due to some wildly contradictory stories? Many of the same contradictions can be applied to some of the other allegations.

I don't believe either Akrum or Sharonda are terrible people. They've made mistakes (like all of us) and have gotten some bad advice. It's clear they love and support each other. But conviction DOES NOT equal righteousness.

Funny how all this starts coming out when George Floyd dies. Kirk and Company have been there for 20+ years and not a single comment about anything. You think they don’t hard ass discipline any white players the same way? Some of the comments that Brian and Doyle used were unnecessary sure, but I highly doubt they single out certain players because of the color of their skin. I agree that any player should have a voice and be able to speak up about their issues but I find it pretty interesting that this all started after Floyd. Black people everywhere are looking for sympathy and justice, fair enough. The world is just a s*itshow. What are you gonna do about it Fry? You always are right aren’t ya?

just here to point out that calling a dude a keyboard warrior who has 10,000 less posts than you seems a bit hypocritical. Especially coming from a dude that I view as the biggest keyboard warrior in the history of this site. That’s just my humble opinion non the less. I know you won’t care. You’re a man amongst boys here...carry on bully...
Show me a post where I said I was tougher or smarter than anyone else...

I'll wait...

Yeah that whole last paragraph was pretty much a punch to the nuts. I wasn't on the team with him in any capacity. Anyone that wasn't how can we speak to parts of what he said? The shitty thing is we can't know the coaches side. They won't speak to it and even if they were to how honest would they be? There's no 'getting to the bottom' of things like this. It's just who you going to believe..
This is why I take issue with the way things are going.

It's modern-day Mccarthyism, where a mere allegation is often enough to ruin someone.

If the coaches (or players that support them), they're labeled by many as racist or ignoring it.

If they don't comment, things are allowed to snowball out of their control.

No, I don't think it's racism. The only thing Akrum claims that would even partially fit it would be the mask comments, which could easily be misconstrued.

Hanlon's Razor is never attributing to malice what could easily be attributed to ignorance. I'd say it's a perfect example here and in many other cases.

I also think the comparison is entirely valid. If something is documented enough, people will believe it. Problem is, there isn't near enough convincing evidence to compel a lot of Iowa fans, including myself, to believe many of these stories.
Not enough evidence on what grounds? What's your benchmark? If an investigation came out that looked bad for the Ferentzes would you accept it, or disregard it based on the zero evidence that you have? What's compelling to me are the statements that players have made and how much they've been supported by other players. And those players haven't been all black. Look at Jack Kallenberger's story. But that couldn't have happened because Iowa coaches are simply not capable of doing anything wrong, right? It hurts your image of Iowa football, right? Sounds like Penn State supporters to me, but...

Latest posts