So what did Fran say on Jim & Jim show last nite?

There are a hell of a lot of things other than offensive skills that go into making a good player. Just because he has more offensive skills than Horner and Deano (which in my opinion he does) doesn't mean he's going to get big time run, or even play for the team.

There are a hell of a lot of things other than offensive skills that go into making a good player. Just because he has more offensive skills than Horner and Deano (which in my opinion he does) doesn't mean he's going to get big time run, or even play for the team.

Really? In an up tempo system with only three scholarship guards? Seems like a no brainer, if only for a little instant offense off the bench. I mean from what you have said, he would be unstoppable. Also, you said he might even start, which means he obviously has more than just O.

Dude, just say it. If you are wrong you will come on here and admit it. I have said I will come on here and acknowledge you were right. Why won't you agree to acknowledge if you were wrong!

So- the guy may be great and he may suck... some people have seen him play and some people haven't. Some people thinks he absolutely needs to play/prove something in the PTL, some people think it doesn't matter.

Bottom line, the guy is a Hawk- he wanted to get a shot at playing PG for the Hawks over other options and he's going to get his shot. Most likely and if he does great, he'll probably get a scholarship offer at some point. If not- the coaches will attempt to get a better option.

Really? In an up tempo system with only three scholarship guards? Seems like a no brainer, if only for a little instant offense off the bench. I mean from what you have said, he would be unstoppable. Also, you said he might even start, which means he obviously has more than just O.

Dude, just say it. If you are wrong you will come on here and admit it. I have said I will come on here and acknowledge you were right. Why won't you agree to acknowledge if you were wrong!

I've said hes unstoppable in the rec leage I see him play at, I didn't say he'd be unstoppable in the B10. I also think he has enough physical talent to challenge Cully for the starting job IF he were on the team today.

He's NOT on the team, IF he doesn't make the team or play it won't necessarily mean he's not talented enough to do so. I don't know if he has the head, the desire, or the elgibility to play for Iowa.

He's got a great offensive game, I have no idea if he has the desire to play D at the B10 level. I have no doubts he has the physical ability to play peremeiter D, I don't know about the desire part.

My whole point is this. I've seen him play, a lot. I'm a fairly good judge of basketball talent. I think he has the ability to play DI basketball, and think he has the ability to challenge the current roster for PT. However there is a lot more than talent and ability that go into playing DI basketball, I don't know if he has all that other stuff. I also don't know who else might be added to the roster over the next 3 mos.

I'm not sure what exactly you want me to appologize for? All that I have said is that watching him play in the PT league won't tell YOU anything that those of us that have seen him play at the field house or in the NL Men's rec league don't already know, which is he has enough physical tools to play D1 basketball. He could put up 30 a night in the PT league and wont tell us if he WANTS it bad enough, or if he WANTS to play D bad enough, or if he has the grades/elegibility, or if he can play well with others. I don't have insight into ANY of that and unfortunately those things will go a long way to determining IF he makes the team and what if any PT he gets.

This thread has devolved into another dopey neener-neener argument. By the standards of some people above, we can never discuss a high school recruit's prospects because they've only played against high school competition. [rolls eyes]

Latest posts