So McCall can Redshirt?

yes, i think it is a 100% chance that he gets a 5th year if he does not play again this year.

Many see otherwise..I really hope your right and that is the case, I just don't think that this is so cut and dry. The NCAA bylaws seem to agree. Based on KF comments I tend to lean he doesn't think that either and may be looking at rolling the dice on a positive outcome for a RS.

KF also has jason white listed as the backup RB.

the more your opponent has to prepare for, the better.

KF also has jason white listed as the backup RB.

the more your opponent has to prepare for, the better.

I think Jason White may have 1 or 2 carries the whole year, you obviously dont know anything about Iowa football if you think the depth chart for Iowa dictates who is going to be playing each week.

my point is that you should take any info from the football program with a grain of salt.

i am done arguing this, we will just have to revisit this thread in four years LOL

my point is that you should take any info from the football program with a grain of salt.

i am done arguing this, we will just have to revisit this thread in four years LOL

Really you think this was just a ploy and McCall hasn't been cleared. Interesting but highly unlikely.

If Iowa really wanted to keep this under the radar they should have told McCall and coaches KF should have given his pat answers on the McCall subject on when he will be ready. Problem is KF and McCall not doing that.

he may very well be cleared. im just saying that it doesnt matter what they say, it matters what they do.

he may very well be cleared. im just saying that it doesnt matter what they say, it matters what they do.

What Iowa did do was burn his redshirt when he stepped onto the field. That should be known.

-next step now-

Is in January of 2014 when McCall Sr. Season is over. HE will have opportunity to then request a Hardship Waiver with the NCAA. At which time it will most likely be REJECTED!

What Iowa did do was burn his redshirt when he stepped onto the field. That should be known.

-next step now-

Is in January of 2014 when McCall Sr. Season is over. HE will have opportunity to then request a Hardship Waiver with the NCAA. At which time it will most likely be REJECTED!

They may be more lenient with a four year player than they are with 5 year players.

Now watch, McCall will play in the next two games and all of this BS would have been for nothing.

They may be more lenient with a four year player than they are with 5 year players.

Now watch, McCall will play in the next two games and all of this BS would have been for nothing.

or hes good enough to leave early:)

or hes good enough to leave early:)

According to some people he is so good he will be going pro next season!;)

But in all seriousness... I know that KF makes some questionable decisions, but I am going to have to give him the benefit of the doubt and guess that the only reason McCall didn't play against MSU was that there is a good chance he can get a medical hardship/redshirt. KF said he was going to play in the game, but maybe once he saw that we got behind by so much in such a short amount of time... he decided that it wasn't worth wasting the opportunity for a medical hardship.

I really don't know and I am obviously just speculating here, but I would have to wonder why else KF wouldn't have played him Saturday.

My point was that if keenum got hurt in the 4th or 5th game he probably wouldnt have got a medical redshirt. I never said it was "absurd" where are you getting that from? I was just saying that he had an incapacitating injury that prevented him from playing the rest of the season unlike McCall

Of course you never said it was absurd - 9yrplan expressed that sentiment which is also the same sentiment shared by most college football fans when you see how Houston sold the NCAA that Keenum should be eligible for a 6th season.

The issue with Keenum is not whether he could get a medical red-shirt it's the fact that he got that 6th year when so many other players in the same situation who had red-shirted their freshman year have been denied, but instead - as 9yrplan post below - suddenly there was this mysterious lingering HS injury that no one has known about until now. The thing you don't seem to understand is the incapacitating injury he had should not have made him eligible for a6th year.

"the NCAA gave Case Keenum a SIXTH year this year because houston RETROACTIVELY argued that he was still injured from high school during his first year on campus, despite no one ever mentioning this injury while he was sitting out as a redshirt like many freshmen do."

He could apply for the hardship once his senior year is over (2014), at which poin it would be declined because he was medically cleared to play during the season.

The fact that there are people too stupid to understand this is quite frankly frightening.

Ed Podolak said exactly the opposite on the radio show after the game. Said "sure he can redshirt". Forgive me if I believe both ED and Jon over you....

I think you guys are forgetting a major detail here. He is an Iowa Running back. He is going to get hurt again. So yes he will probably get a medical waiver

Latest posts