So McCall can Redshirt?

as he has not played again he can still redshirt, he just can't play again this season, if he plays the redshirt is gone for this year, but he can play this year and then take a red shirt next season, this comes from dealing with this myself with my oldest son, he got hurt in the 2nd game of a season and the coaches thought it take him out for the season, he healed faster than expected but they ended up redshirting him anyway, their thought why play him in a few games, the NCAA rules regarding this are hard to understand but they are strict about the amount of time they play, one thig i do know once the season is half over a player that plays after the half way point it is considered a full year, meaning if a player that went out with a injury in the 1st or2ng game of the season cannot play a down after the halfway point of the season to use the red shirt

as he has not played again he can still redshirt, he just can't play again this season, if he plays the redshirt is gone for this year, but he can play this year and then take a red shirt next season, this comes from dealing with this myself with my oldest son, he got hurt in the 2nd game of a season and the coaches thought it take him out for the season, he healed faster than expected but they ended up redshirting him anyway, their thought why play him in a few games, the NCAA rules regarding this are hard to understand but they are strict about the amount of time they play, one thig i do know once the season is half over a player that plays after the half way point it is considered a full year, meaning if a player that went out with a injury in the 1st or2ng game of the season cannot play a down after the halfway point of the season to use the red shirt

What sport did you son play?

Think about this .... You have a stud freshman qb, he plays the first game but separates his shoulder and misses 5 games A once promising year goes to hell and your teams backup is horrible and your team is 1-5. Your stud qb is cleared to play but the coach says well the season has gone to **** I'll save this guy so he has 4 years. Doesn't make sense that a guy can play week 1 in meaningful time and then get a year saved because of a mild inury.

fb, but this rule is for all sports, last year Payne redshirted, but towards the end of the season could have played but did not to preserve the redshirt, this medical hardship redshirt is ussually reserved for getting a 6th year of eligibilty, Dace Richardson with all his injuries could have applied for a hardship waiver to get a 6th year but chose not to

He could apply for the hardship once his senior year is over (2014), at which poin it would be declined because he was medically cleared to play during the season.

The fact that there are people too stupid to understand this is quite frankly frightening.

He could apply for the hardship once his senior year is over (2014), at which poin it would be declined because he was medically cleared to play during the season.

The fact that there are people too stupid to understand this is quite frankly frightening.

Unreal isn't it?

Just so I understand, you're calling the previous poster who said his son took a medical redshirt in this exact situation a liar?

Nick Saban forces kids to quit football on a medical hardship with flimsy paperwork, but you think the NCAA is going to drop the hammer on Iowa for this?

Actually, the NCAA is very inconsistent and hard to read. Most likely, I think they will approve a medical hardship. But it wouldn't surprise me if they denied it.

Anyone thinking they know with absolute certainty is a fool.

All of this medical hardship talk is all for nothing. You know as well as I do Iowa is going to be down 21 in the 4th qtr at Nebraska and at that point KF and staff will decide to put in the young players INCLUDING McCall....all for nothing he accidentally burns the chance of McCall getting the hardship. It will be a perfect bow on top of this crap hole present we have been giving in 2011. Mark it down because it will happen. The only thing I might be wrong about is the amount of points we are down in the 4th qtr.

Latest posts