So, if we happen to beat Kansas......

This was best case scenero for ISU fan. They can tell themselves that there is no way Iowa can beat Kansas. Last thing ISU fan wanted was Iowa playing and beating Kansas......worst nightmare ever for ISU fan.

Actually for ISU fan its more about having to actually cheer for one of those teams to win. :)

This was the best possible thing for us, it seems to me. Villanova strikes me as pretty similar to UTEP in their depth and their pace. Also with Ochefu fouled out, they didn't put on the floor anyone taller than 6'7". I like how we match up against a small team with small guys who shoot a lot of threes. Might have been nice to play KU for a strength of schedule boost, though.

This was the best possible thing for us, it seems to me. Villanova strikes me as pretty similar to UTEP in their depth and their pace. Also with Ochefu fouled out, they didn't put on the floor anyone taller than 6'7". I like how we match up against a small team with small guys who shoot a lot of threes. Might have been nice to play KU for a strength of schedule boost, though.

Nova has very strong guard play it seems. Should be good game.

This was best case scenero for ISU fan & KXNO Miller & Brinson. They can tell themselves that there is no way Iowa can beat Kansas. Last thing ISU fan & KXNO Miller & Brinson wanted was Iowa playing and beating Kansas......worst nightmare ever for ISU fan & KXNO Miller & Brinson.

edit ;)

This was best case scenero for ISU fan. They can tell themselves that there is no way Iowa can beat Kansas. Last thing ISU fan wanted was Iowa playing and beating Kansas......worst nightmare ever for ISU fan.

Yes, youre not the only one who has noticed the strange vicarious relationship Isu fans have in ther minds with
kansas.

Last edited:
Since this theorem holds true:

If A > B and B > C, then A > C....

...if we beat that team that beat Kansas, obviously we're obvious better than Kansas. :rolleyes:

Seriously....anyone see any similarities to the 86 Great Alaska Shootout to this tourney?

1--Iowa came/comes of age/together as a team
2--An OT win, followed by a (hopefully) blow out title win
3--An Iowa player winning MVP (like father, like son?)
4--A magical season that followed....

Year-by-Year Results - GoSeawolves.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Alaska Anchorage

It wouldn't shock me if 'Nova is in the top-15 or even top 10 at some point. They're pretty good, playing this team won't hurt us. Beating this team would really help us.

As far as the ku thing goes they are obviously beatable, why couldn't iowa have beaten them? Heck they lost to tcu last year, they can lose to anybody.

As far as the ku thing goes they are obviously beatable, why couldn't iowa have beaten them? Heck they lost to tcu last year, they can lose to anybody.

The only reason ISU fan can get out of bed this morning, is that Kansas lost. Yesterday has to kill ISU fans, as Iowa kicked Nebraska's azz in Lincoln (now how does their "special" win years ago look)? Then Iowa absolutely destroys UTEP and Floyd on the court.

The only saving grace for ISU is Kansas lost. Worst nightmare ever for Clone fans would be Iowa beating Kansas.......

Maybe this doesn't hold true for you Bryce, but you know darn well it holds true for 95% of ISU fans

This is weird, Clowns really care about Iowa enough to let our football and basketball teams ruin their day or weekend? I check the scores of clown games, maybe even watch a little if they are on TV. But beyond that I could careless and it did not bother me at all when they beat Michigan. Either they are too obsessed with Iowa or we are to obsessed about them being obsessed, perhaps both.

That might be a bit strong. I bet 75% of clone fans at least didn't even know Iowa could be playing ku.

As far as iowa beating nu zero effect on me, didn't watch one minute of it. If Iowa State sucks it kills all enjoyment of football for me. Haven't even watched all of the chiefs games this year.

Why would I care about Tim Floyd? Last time he coached Iowa State was almost 2 decades ago.

I care infinitely more about the game 2 weeks from now than any game iowa could play now. If Iowa State wins everything is moot. If iowa wins let me assure you I'll be infinitely more annoyed by my own fanbase than anything even HFN could dish out.

This is weird, Clowns really care about Iowa enough to let our football and basketball teams ruin their day or weekend? I check the scores of clown games, maybe even watch a little if they are on TV. But beyond that I could careless and it did not bother me at all when they beat Michigan. Either they are too obsessed with Iowa or we are to obsessed about them being obsessed, perhaps both.

Well since their football program is a dumpster fire, I really don't think they care about Iowa football. I don't think they like that we beat Nebby though, as now Iowa can say big freaking whoop about a 9-7 win 4-5 years ago. Basketball is another story. They get pretty pizzed off if you even think Iowa has a good team.

The % of those fans is such a small part of the fanbase it's hard to comprehend. They are some of the most vocal online however.

Latest posts