So How big was Moss leaving?

Moss's D was vastly underrated because nobody challenged him. They would pass the ball away if he was on them. His defensive stance was very good, wide with arms spread out. He was also deceptively quick

I wouldn't mind him on the team this season after all the injuries and our now depleted roster

He is getting about 22 MPG with the number one team in college basketball and is shooting about 50% from the field and 90% from the foul line

Granted like most players he would have an off game offensively but he also had a hand in some very important wins. As a freshman, he and Jordan were the only freshman who seemed to know how to play the game

:cool:

KU seems to appreciate his D and Self teams really get after D.

If you tell the truth about a player, it isn't trashing them. I am glad he moved on, when he put his name into the draft after his sophomore year I was surprised he even came back. Maybe Iowa was just not a good fit and I think his lack of effort showed.
He is talented and Fran gave him plenty of chances. It is what it is.
As far as your comment about skin color, I call BS, did you ever read what was written about Gatens or Woodbury? Personally, I detested Zach McCabe during his time at Iowa and would take Moss over him any day even as frustrating as he was at Iowa.

hmmm...you got awfully defensive!

I don't recall ever seeing a "lack of effort" from Moss.

I don't get why we gotta trash Moss. He was a fine player and did some great things as a Hawk. I can't help but wonder if his skin was white how many of these negative posts would be out there.

Moss's role was going to be reduced next year, Fran was upfront about it to him, so Moss decided to move on. It's that simple, I'm happy that he found playing time with Kansas.

You would think a basketball player would be the very last thing in the world where someone would make the comment that a player would get ripped on less if he was white. White basketball players get ripped on way more than black ones.

You would think a basketball player would be the very last thing in the world where someone would make the comment that a player would get ripped on less if he was white. White basketball players get ripped on way more than black ones.

Well yeah, have you seen our roster? lol

Exactly. It gets dissed like crazy for being white. So why does your post read like Moss only gets dissed because he's black?

Because it seems like mostly black players get accused of being lazy or showing lack of effort, there were people on here that accused Cook of the same thing. While it happens against a white player it's very rare.

There was ZERO lack of effort in Moss's game. Sometimes his shot wasn't going down so he would disappear offensively but it's not because of his "effort". IMO, that is an unfair critique of his game.

But I'm open to being wrong, and I hope I am. This is why I used the phrase "I can't help but wonder". I'll admit I should have been more specific, I've got issues with people saying he was lazy or lacked effort not so much specific negative criticism.

Because it seems like mostly black players get accused of being lazy or showing lack of effort, there were people on here that accused Cook of the same thing. While it happens against a white player it's very rare.

There was ZERO lack of effort in Moss's game. Sometimes his shot wasn't going down so he would disappear offensively but it's not because of his "effort". IMO, that is an unfair critique of his game.

But I'm open to being wrong, and I hope I am. This is why I used the phrase "I can't help but wonder". I'll admit I should have been more specific, I've got issues with people saying he was lazy or lacked effort not so much specific negative criticism.

That makes sense. It probably has something to do with black people a lot of times can look effortless when they do things. They make it look so easy on the nights they are on, it makes you think they can do it so easy that they must be being lazy on the nights they're off. I do think you're wrong here tho and Moss was in fact kinda lazy.

I think more than anyone ever Bohannon gets accused of being slow/lazy/apathetic on defense. Bohannon is also white

Moss at times looks lethargic. He rarely if ever shows emotion and he primarily hovers around the perimeter

Good God, each player has his/her own style. It's impossible to say Moss is "lazy" if you haven't seen how he practices. I certainly had no problem with his in-game play. His inconsistency is far from the same as "lazy". He was damn good at creating his own shots, but other times he seemed to lack "court awareness". That can be a matter of a D taking away his strengths. By no means can you honestly call him "lazy".

When he got on a roll he was a helluva fun player to watch.

Most everyone does. Its human nature. I doubt Jordan has time to complain on a message board about how Notth Carolina is doing tho. Winners demand more out of themselves. Losers worry about demanding more out of others that they have no control over.
Boom...

Mic drop

yes - I don't see how it's possible that CJF is going to come in and immediately be a better option than 5th year Isiah Moss. It *could* happen, but I would say the odds are against it.
Moss was streaky, turnover prove, and a defensive liability. But worst of all he was soft in close games and handling the ball. Glad he went to Kansas,. CJF is not only a better defender, rebounder, and ball handler,. he is showing an ability to make clutch plays. Moss deserves to play for the least clutch blue-blood team in college BB. He will fit right in. Go UNI.

Moss was streaky, turnover prove, and a defensive liability. But worst of all he was soft in close games and handling the ball. Glad he went to Kansas,. CJF is not only a better defender, rebounder, and ball handler,. he is showing an ability to make clutch plays. Moss deserves to play for the least clutch blue-blood team in college BB. He will fit right in. Go UNI.

You forgot passer. He may even be a better shooter and Moss was a really good shooter. I can't wait until CJ starts hunting shots.

I saw lack of effort more than once. We would turn the ball over and Moss is running side by side as the opposing player breaks for a layup or dunk. He could possibly block the shot, knock the ball out of bounds or put the guy on the line to earn the 2 points. He pulls up and lets him go.

I saw lack of effort more than once. We would turn the ball over and Moss is running side by side as the opposing player breaks for a layup or dunk. He could possibly block the shot, knock the ball out of bounds or put the guy on the line to earn the 2 points. He pulls up and lets him go.

Players do that all the time to avoid fouls.

But you all believe what you want.

Fran was forced to play CJ when Moss left. If Fran wasn’t forced into making good decisions he wouldn’t make them.

Moss did get on the board yesterday although he was 0-5 from the field. Two turnovers and one PF.

Iowa is better without him, as a team, which is what BB is.

the reality is it works are great for both teams and players. I personally feel Moss is a great player a little streaky, Evelyn is probably not as much as an offensive threat than Moss but is a much better defender and passer. As we have plenty of shooters it works out well. Now if troussant can just learn to play under control.

Latest posts