So How big was Moss leaving?

top 25 3/4's of the season, won a game in the NCAA - showed well and much better than it has in the round of 32 in recent seasons - finished in the top half of what was the toughest conference in the country. Yeah, last season was good, not great. We all want better, but sometimes you have to look at it for what it is. Iowa is likely the 11th or 12th best job in the B1G? Fran is getting paid the 10th or 11th highest in the conference. Take that into consideration and you'll see that Iowa has finished in the top half of the conference in 5 of the last 6 seasons. Iowa has outperformed in some peoples eyes. Not mine, I am not satisfied, but I also look at differently I suppose.

I think its 6 of the last 7 seasons. Pretty sure they went 9-9 and finished in sole 6th in Fran's 3rd year.

yes - I don't see how it's possible that CJF is going to come in and immediately be a better option than 5th year Isiah Moss. It *could* happen, but I would say the odds are against it.

i agree. and that is why it is critical to have JBo healthy and in shape and ready to go full on. that gives you the ability to move JBo to sg and keep JW at sf, instead of having to move JW to sg.

I loved moss but he was to much up and down. I game
he would score 16 or 20 points then he wouldn't show up
for the next 2 games. defensive he was average at best

Most everyone does. Its human nature. I doubt Jordan has time to complain on a message board about how Notth Carolina is doing tho. Winners demand more out of themselves. Losers worry about demanding more out of others that they have no control over.
I am not complaining, just making observations and comments about the obvious. And, I could be totally wrong of course.

I understand where you are coming from but you have to look at both the good and the bad. What were your expectations for the team? Sweet 16 and top 5 finish in the conference? If not I don't see how you can definitively say they "under performed".

For the record, they basically matched my expectations. So to me, it wasn't an over or under performing type of season. If you compare the season results to where most outsiders viewed the team though, you can't really say they under performed.

Either way, I agree that the team needs to move on and continue to bring in new pieces hoping to improve the program.
I think the new pieces will be surprisingly good, and help us forget about those who decided to jump ship. I also think that this team might be more of a "team" which is always a good thing, rather than individual parts trying to be the team.

Last year was a good year, not a great year for Iowa. It was actually well above average for the program over the last 20 years.
Actually it was less than one game above the conference average for the past 20 seasons.

It's Friday, man...fuckin' with ya. Don't hate me right before Memorial Day weekend.

Actually it was less than one game above the conference average for the past 20 seasons.

It's Friday, man...fuckin' with ya. Don't hate me right before Memorial Day weekend.

No hate brother, but the B1G was perceived as a one of the best conferences this season. Dash it all you want, but 23 wins and an NCAA win for Iowa, especially considering the last 20 seasons, is going to be considered "a good year" for as long as we're both still ticking.

No hate brother, but the B1G was perceived as a one of the best conferences this season. Dash it all you want, but 23 wins and an NCAA win for Iowa, especially considering the last 20 seasons, is going to be considered "a good year" for as long as we're both still ticking.
Didn't have any of that in mind. Just (selfishly) flipping you some shit for a reaction :)

Didn't have any of that in mind. Just (selfishly) flipping you some shit for a reaction :)

Playing 3 nights in a row back to back this weekend - I am gonna have to deal with a shit ton of crowds (not my favorite thing to do and yours neither) - I REFUSE to be triggered. haha.

Tonight at a Roadhouse in Venice, NE and Saturday and Sunday at The Nautical in Boji
Haha, Buck's???

Fished the Platte with a buddy many moons ago and we stayed at the campground just south of there. We walked over to the bar at night, but there's no road going north to the highway so we walked through a bunch of woods and what I'm assuming was lots of people's private property. It was kind of a well-worn path so I'm guessing other folks had the same idea at some point.

All I kept thinking was there is no way in hell we were 10 miles from downtown Nebraska. It's like someone took a chunk out of Mississippi and dropped it in Nebraska. And I know, because I've spent a bunch of time in Mississippi.

Hypothetically if Moss would have been playing at Arkansas and Iowa picked him up for next year as a one year transfer I imagine the Board would be singing the praises of McCaffrey and the likely loss of Bohannon for next year would not have been so hard to take.
Have to agree with most of the Board that the loss of Bohannon, Cook, Moss and Baer taken with the additions we have for next year doesn't generate a lot of anticipation!

Interesting thought. If Moss had started with Arkansas and was now a grad transfer, he would be exactly what is needed. Not that it would make that much difference. But he pretty much is what Fran should be looking for right now.

Haha, Buck's???

Fished the Platte with a buddy many moons ago and we stayed at the campground just south of there. We walked over to the bar at night, but there's no road going north to the highway so we walked through a bunch of woods and what I'm assuming was lots of people's private property. It was kind of a well-worn path so I'm guessing other folks had the same idea at some point.

All I kept thinking was there is no way in hell we were 10 miles from downtown Nebraska. It's like someone took a chunk out of Mississippi and dropped it in Nebraska. And I know, because I've spent a bunch of time in Mississippi.

haha - Yep, Bucks! It's in the middle of fing nowhere. It's a true Roadhouse, but it's known as one of the hottest honky tonk country venues in the Midwest. He routinely gets like like Cole Swindel, Cody Jinks, Whitey Morgan, Eric Church and a lot of them still come back and play in that little place. Basically impossible to get a gig there if you're a local and buddy, I'm as local as it comes.... so it's a big deal for me to get in there.

Poole didn't play well offensively against Iowa with Moss guarding him. Perhaps that's it. I don't have a sub to the Athletic so I can't read the article. I posted it because I found it interesting.

Latest posts