So are we excited about basketball?

OK so i'm not a Fran Fan. Looking at the 2 Ball State/Bradley level guards we now have in the fold while a difference maker from Bettendorf Iowa takes the floor at Ohio State this year doesn't feel great. In talking to a person Close to Foster several weeks ago he said no way he was coming to Iowa. Maybe he has changed his mind since then but one has to ask why?
McCaffrey isn't going to have a championship level team at Iowa, Isn't going to make noise in the tournament and isn't going to send a bunch of players tot the NBA. Hasn't done it so far and this doesn't look like the answer
Wow that was about as negative as I get
OK so i'm not a Fran Fan. Looking at the 2 Ball State/Bradley level guards we now have in the fold while a difference maker from Bettendorf Iowa takes the floor at Ohio State this year doesn't feel great. In talking to a person Close to Foster several weeks ago he said no way he was coming to Iowa. Maybe he has changed his mind since then but one has to ask why?
McCaffrey isn't going to have a championship level team at Iowa, Isn't going to make noise in the tournament and isn't going to send a bunch of players tot the NBA. Hasn't done it so far and this doesn't look like the answer
Wow that was about as negative as I get
Someone on here also said they were told no way in hell was Peter Jok was coming to Iowa. So I’ll take this with a grain of salt...

How about Jason Sehorn? 1994-2003. :)

46481700508f25d96fce0cf425c61383.jpg
Ha yes right in my wheel house. Half forgotten about but totally remember if that makes sense

There's always excitement and anticipation until the schedule gets harder. Whether it keeps up beyond that is a toss-up.

Am I excited about Iowa basketball? If you want the truth: No, not really.

Fran has done OK overall but this newest class looks to be shaping up to be full of NR's and 3*'s with only mid-major offers (except Iowa). It's hard for me to get excited about that and what it might mean for the future. Guess we have to hope that they outperform their rankings. Granted, I don't follow recruiting that closely so the rankings are all I have to go by, but it doesn't look like this class is going to be rated highly at all relative to the rest of the conference. Maybe near the bottom.

Until recruiting improves, what we've seen so far on Fran's watch is the ceiling IMHO. Just being realistic. But, guess we'll have to see how it pans out.

This morning did nothing to change my feelings about what I wrote above, except maybe even worse now. Unless this recruiting class really surprises (just blind hope?) then it looks pretty bleak to me. Convince me otherwise, please.

Apathy has completely taken over. Throw me a bone, Iowa. That goes for the football team, too. I need SOMETHING to bring me back into the fold as a passionate fan.

This morning did nothing to change my feelings about what I wrote above, except maybe even worse now. Unless this recruiting class really surprises (just blind hope?) then it looks pretty bleak to me. Convince me otherwise, please.

Apathy has completely taken over. Throw me a bone, Iowa. That goes for the football team, too. I need SOMETHING to bring me back into the fold as a passionate fan.

This years team still has me plenty excited. Hard to get real pumped about the future tho when you know certain pieces should be there and they aren't going to be.

I’m way disappointed at missing out on Xavier, it is a huge blow. Basically moving forward for Hawk fans is the hope that Fran can outperform each years expected NIT birth. I mean this year looks like a NIT year. If Joe leaves, the following 2-3 years looks like NIT teams as well.

I’m way disappointed at missing out on Xavier, it is a huge blow. Basically moving forward for Hawk fans is the hope that Fran can outperform each years expected NIT birth. I mean this year looks like a NIT year. If Joe leaves, the following 2-3 years looks like NIT teams as well.

Yep and just squeaking into the dance and getting bounced right away doesn't get me excited, either. I'm talking a legit Sweet 16 or better caliber team. Not just getting a 12 seed and being a Cinderella. I know this will probably never be the norm for us, but it needs to happen at some point. It could be worse, sure, but toiling along as just a so-so program and never any better has gotten stale.

I won't write off this year's team.. Maybe they could surprise me (IF they play some defense) but I still am concerned about losing Cook and Moss - I think maybe some people underestimate that. My prediction for this year is NIT but I am not placing any wagers.

Hawkeyes with X-hangover

Baseball’s opening game is only 91 days away

I was excited about basketball until I just finished watcbing the recorded first half of tonight's game. Now, not so much. We are not a good basketball team.

I was excited about basketball until I just finished watcbing the recorded first half of tonight's game. Now, not so much. We are not a good basketball team.
It’s hard to tell how good you are when the only guys hustling are the two centers

EVERY ONE else is in a daze. Everyone.

This first half did nothing to change my feelings, either. o_O

Not sure we are even NIT-level. Maybe bubble-NIT at best

Latest posts