So Aaron White scores a Career High starting at the 3

White scored a career high but the Hawks couldnt beat the worst team in the B1G by double digits on their home court with him starting at the 3.

Good point, if he started at his usual 4 spot and scored his usual 14 points, the Hawks lose by 4 to Penn St.

Besides being negative and blasting the team, your point is?

How is that negative and blasting the team? Its what happened.

Just because White scores a career high, doesnt mean its the best move for the team, as evidenced by their struggle to put away PSU.

Penn State ran a zone. So it doesn't matter where Aaron played. Watch him play the 3 in the Big 10 against a team that runs man to man

Penn State ran a zone. So it doesn't matter where Aaron played. Watch him play the 3 in the Big 10 against a team that runs man to man

I have a feeling we'll get to see that on Sunday. I think Fran made the starting lineup change before the PSU game with the upcoming schedule in mind.

How is that negative and blasting the team? Its what happened.

Just because White scores a career high, doesnt mean its the best move for the team, as evidenced by their struggle to put away PSU.

Why don't you read the post by hawkfan33 as hit post is spot on. Contrary to what you might think, for some reason I'm thinking Fran might have a clue (moreso than you and me combined) about what's best for the team.

He scored most of his points in transition or at the four on the block

I didn't see White on the block much at all, most of his points were from running the short corner and getting behind the defense against the zone. Plenty of teams use their 3's in this role against the zone.

So? At the end of the day he was playing the 3 position when he was either in transition or on the block. So what exactly is your point?

He played the low post in a zone. That's where his points came from. Just b/c he started as the 3rd tallest guy in the starting lineup doesn't mean he played the 3.

So? At the end of the day he was playing the 3 position when he was either in transition or on the block. So what exactly is your point?

Jon can speak for himself, but I'd say his point most likely is that his point total was in no way contingent upon the fact that he played the 3 last night. Because of how he scored his points last night (and most nights), he would have had the same point total regardless of position.

He scored most of his points in transition or at the four on the block

Jon, you beat me to it.

White has played some 3 but mostly 4. He did this at the 3 against weak competition. And most times it was on the block or in transition. Every game he has played the 3 spot the offense has looked flawed. He is more naturally a 4. If he played the 3 spot primarily agaisnt mich or indiana it would be ugly. This was psu the worst team in the conference.

Fran did this because the matchup worked and it might give us an advantage on the boards. This might be ok against nebby too but it won't work agaisnt good teams. And it cause a loss to nebby because of the way they play we might not be able to run as much and our half court offense looked terrible last night.

Jon, you beat me to it.

White has played some 3 but mostly 4. He did this at the 3 against weak competition. And most times it was on the block or in transition. Every game he has played the 3 spot the offense has looked flawed. He is more naturally a 4. If he played the 3 spot primarily agaisnt mich or indiana it would be ugly. This was psu the worst team in the conference.

Fran did this because the matchup worked and it might give us an advantage on the boards. This might be ok against nebby too but it won't work agaisnt good teams. And it cause a loss to nebby because of the way they play we might not be able to run as much and our half court offense looked terrible last night.

So you think we're going to see a different starting lineup against Minnesota?

And our half court offense has looked terrible in many games this year, that's what happens when you can't hit anything from the outside.

So you think we're going to see a different starting lineup against Minnesota?

And our half court offense has looked terrible in many games this year, that's what happens when you can't hit anything from the outside.

I don't know if we will see a different starting lineup but I wouldn't be surprised if we do. I think we will see less minutes with this lineup on the court together. I would expect minny to possibly stay with a bigger lineup as it might matchup ok. But I prefer and feel our team's offense flows better with 3 capable ball handlers on the court. And white isn't that, he is below average as a ballhandler in comparison to 3s...but he is above average compared to 4s.