So Aaron White scores a Career High starting at the 3

Please explain. Are you attempting to say that White is not one of the top 4s in the BIG?

I would say right now White is kinda a tweener. He is more of a good basketball player then he is a goof 4. Because of this I can be wishy washy and say he is one of the best 4's in the big 10 but also matches up poorly against the best 4's.

I sorta wish he would shoot the 3 more. He has so many open looks and always does his pump-fake dribble-drive, and it really isn't working too well. He CAN shoot the three. Hell even if he misses it's just like everyone else from beyond the arc - or anywhere else for that matter.

His 3 pt shooting is improving. Like the ENTIRE team, he was in a slump for most the year shooting the 3. He is still shooting it at Worse % than last year. But lately he is hitting at a better clip. Now IF just the rest of the team could... Heck, if just Ogelsby could shoot at his % from last year, we would have an extra win or two. Poor guy is having a s___ year.

Aaron is currently the 3rd leading scorer as a forward in the Big Ten, and that includes Cody Zeller as a forward. He is ranked 10th in the Big Ten in rebounding for forwards.

Aaron is a lock for 3rd team in the Big Ten and could move up to 2nd team if Iowa finishes out well in the Big Ten, ie 6th or better.

btw Woody is the 6th leading scorer at center and 5th in rebounding. Gabe is even in the top 11 in both categories. Not too shabby for all you Woody haters. This info is from the cbs sports web-site.

NCAA Basketball Stats - CBSSports.com

I like seeing Woodbury/Basabe together, Woodbury does a good job at passing from the high post, I would like to see him take that jumper, it opens things up when he does.

Also, Olaseni/Basabe are a good combo they rebound well together and contest everything.

As Spank said though when there is no true center on the floor White/Basabe play so well together. That combo with Clemmons running the point were on the floor during the last part of the game.

I would still like to see more Olaseni with Basabe, it worked really well against Purdue. With Clemmons sitting the bench is more defined: Clemmons-PG, Oglesby-SG, May-SF, McCabe-PF and Olaseni-C. If Basabe continues to start, I like that he and McCabe aren't on the floor together very much and that is a good thing.

The problem with the bench now is someone has to step up and be able to score now that Basabe is starting. If Oglesby can't regain his shot, I would like to see Clemmons/Ingram play more together with the second unit.

I like seeing Woodbury/Basabe together, Woodbury does a good job at passing from the high post, I would like to see him take that jumper, it opens things up when he does.

Also, Olaseni/Basabe are a good combo they rebound well together and contest everything.

As Spank said though when there is no true center on the floor White/Basabe play so well together. That combo with Clemmons running the point were on the floor during the last part of the game.

I would still like to see more Olaseni with Basabe, it worked really well against Purdue. With Clemmons sitting the bench is more defined: Clemmons-PG, Oglesby-SG, May-SF, McCabe-PF and Olaseni-C. If Basabe continues to start, I like that he and McCabe aren't on the floor together very much and that is a good thing.

The problem with the bench now is someone has to step up and be able to score now that Basabe is starting. If Oglesby can't regain his shot, I would like to see Clemmons/Ingram play more together with the second unit.

Some good points, especially Woody and Mel together. Remember how well Mel worked with J Cole his freshman year?

I fell in love with Clemmons starting but can see him now coming off the bench for a back court spark, assuming his head and confidence are in the game.

Really concerned about Dev's turf toe... may be the downfall for Iowa this year.

Anyhow, not to worry because....

IOWA is BACK

Some good points, especially Woody and Mel together. Remember how well Mel worked with J Cole his freshman year?

I fell in love with Clemmons starting but can see him now coming off the bench for a back court spark, assuming his head and confidence are in the game.

Really concerned about Dev's turf toe... may be the downfall for Iowa this year.

Anyhow, not to worry because....

IOWA is BACK

Exactly, but what is missing? A PG that can find people on the dribble drive in traffic, when Cartwright did that, he found Basabe a lot, but he and Cole hit the boards really well too.

The coaching staff found a chink in PSU's zone armor and used it to our benefit all night long with White and Basabe.

Jesus h Christ Iowa was was playing Penn state. They are god awful. White is not a ******* 3 against anyone with a pulse. Clemmons would've put up 20 from the 3 against Penn state.

So why don't you call Fran and let him know. Bet he's not seeing it.

If he's going to play the 3 and Marble the 2, then Fran needs to get Marble the ball on the block if he has a shorter guard on him.

Aaron White is going to do Aaron White things on the court. His problems will be defending opposing threes on the perimeter.

Go back to sleep you ignorant idiot. If Clemmons could have done that, why didnt he?

He has a Very valid point. It WAS just PSU. The worst team in the league. White exploited this and did well. But it was just Penn State.... As for Clemmons, he didn't play but a third of the time that White played. Yet still scored plenty, for a guy we do not rely on to score.... Personally, I think we need to push Clemmons to score more. Especially on the dribble drive. We need that with Marble being done, most likely, for the year on the dribble drive. At least with any effectiveness/explosiveness. Hope I am wrong on that tho!

Last edited:

Latest posts