Since no one else will the under 16 PSU thread

One thing I like about hockey...something similar to 10-15 dunks in your face means...there is going to be a fight.

Iowa...a team of pussies...stand around like a goose hit in the head...like their coach.

Probably not a good idea to call our players "pussies." Apology? This is why many on this site just laugh at or ignore your posts. I would ban you for this comment if I were a moderator.

If you don't allow free flow dunking...by force...it stops.

Iowa invites such abuse and demeaning behavior because they are pussies.

I, personally, would be disappointed in myself if I allowed it in my face...it would stop.

Ok...take your win, we suck...but I am not going to allow you to diss me or the team...go for the dunks if you want...but you will regret it.

Yeah. You are a real faceless internet tough guy. Were you a D 1 athlete?

Fran can extend his streak of 0 for life in the B1G tournament.
Probably.

It’s a “new season”. Maybe by that time they’ll play hard even if two guys cover an opponent outside the arc and leave the guy in the lane open. Maybe the motion offense won’t be a guard dribbling for 12 seconds outside the arc or Pemsl being the point forward inside the arc. Maybe

Probably.

It’s a “new season”. Maybe by that time they’ll play hard even if two guys cover an opponent outside the arc and leave the guy in the lane open. Maybe the motion offense won’t be a guard dribbling for 12 seconds outside the arc or Pemsl being the point forward inside the arc. Maybe
Fran and the players haven’t changed anything to date so there is no reason to expect anything of the sort

Probably not a good idea to call our players "pussies." Apology? This is why many on this site just laugh at or ignore your posts. I would ban you for this comment if I were a moderator.
There’s been worse said and they’re still here.
The haters bring the clicks and/or send people to the pay side.

If you don't allow free flow dunking...by force...it stops.

Iowa invites such abuse and demeaning behavior because they are pussies.

I, personally, would be disappointed in myself if I allowed it in my face...it would stop.

Ok...take your win, we suck...but I am not going to allow you to diss me or the team...go for the dunks if you want...but you will regret it.

So your thought is not that far out of bounds, but you could definitely work on your delivery.

As for the dunks. It does appear every single player on the team is afraid to plant their feet and take a charge. A guard penetrating from the 3 point line should always have to go through the body of a big. Instead we step aside and try to hand block the ball. This results in alot of converted layups and a bunch of fouls. Our 3's 4's and 5's need to man up and start trying to take charges. Guards are not going to jump 4ft in the air if they know they are taking full body contact, because they can't land safely. This is just one component of why our defense blows though. There are quite a few others.

Fran and the players haven’t changed anything to date so there is no reason to expect anything of the sort
Oh, I know. We’ve seen this game like ten times this season.

But maybe on neutral floor. Maybe pride.
Maybe.

No. I certainly do not. Right now I am holding on to the hope that with experience and the obvious need to improve on defense, Fran and the players will step up. I still think we have a good deal of talent on this team. And most important of all, we have a couple of pretty good players to add to the mix next year, and there is no way we are going to do the necessary payout until at least the third year. Gotta be realistic.

All I know is we sure as shit have to be way better next year or no way in hell will Fran see a 10th season.

O/U on players gone after this year: 4.5. If it's under, next year will suck too. Run off anyone and everyone who can be run off and start over with jucos.

Holy crap! This team is Dr Jekel and Mr. Hyde. 1 week they play great. Few days later couldn’t beat a YMCA old man squad. How in the blue hell can this happen? Just doesn’t make sense. It’s like they are playing like this on purpose. No way you can go from 1 extreme to another in less then a week. Can’t even watch anymore...
They’ve never played great. They’ve had a couple games against god awful competition.

Bohannon DOES play bad defense. The fact that the rest of the team plays bad defense too, doesn't lesson that fact!

You have to have some pretty bad reading comprehension to reply to my post with that. Try reading my post again and pay close attention to the word "the".

I am really sick of getting embarrassed. Getting beat, OK. But looking like a joke on the floor is inexcusable. Even though I am not a big fan of firing coaches, since we really do not know what comes next, if Fran does not make a dramatic turnaround in the next two years, he has to be replaced. With a group of experienced coaches, there is no excuse for our horrible defense. It is not about scheme; they know well enough what to run. Its the coaching, stupid. If they cannot teach, they cannot expect the players to learn.

It is certainly depressing to see Rutgers, PSU, Nebr, beating up on us. Msu, Mich, Purdue, OSU, Indy, Yeah, they have tradition. But we at least have been competitive with the big dogs and even upset them at times. At least we beat WI two years in a row.
This is the state of Iowa nice athletics. I’m mad god damnit and I’m not going to take it after two more years!!!!

I noticed u glossed right over MSU ... 50?;)

Seriously, I’m already on record that next week’s losses are a combined 60 points.
Michigan State didn't play well at Indiana and coach wasn't happy. Said they didn't play tough. Could get bad quick.

Latest posts