Since no one else will the under 16 PSU thread

Yes it would because we would limit fast breaks that happen from trying to go faster than our slow players can go. We run ourselves out of the gym.

You aren't understanding. This team struggles more with half court defense than it does with transition defense. We would still give up a high number of points per possession regardless of what tempo we run that's our Adjusted Defense is so bad.

You aren't understanding. This team struggles more with half court defense than it does with transition defense. We would still give up a high number of points per possession regardless of what tempo we run that's our Adjusted Defense is so bad.

Our half court defense is not worse than transition defense.

Our half court defense is the worst thing I've ever witnessed. Man to man or zone it doesn't have matter. Slow rotations, hands down, poor closeouts.

I say it's 2nd worst right after transition defense where no one even crosses half court.

I say it's 2nd worst right after transition defense where no one even crosses half court.

Which happens a few times a game when Jordan turns it over. Slowing it down isn't going to make our defense better and it isn't going to lead to more wins. We're getting blown out and we'd get blown out if we slowed it down too because we have a team full of bad defenders.

Which happens a few times a game when Jordan turns it over. Slowing it down isn't going to make our defense better and it isn't going to lead to more wins. We're getting blown out and we'd get blown out if we slowed it down too because we have a team full of bad defenders.

I also think playing helter skelter make it harder for them to value possessions and easier to give up big runs. But that's just more you will disagree with.

I also think playing helter skelter make it harder for them to value possessions and easier to give up big runs. But that's just more you will disagree with.

I think we're so bad defensively because of the players we have while you think it's because of the pace Fran chooses to use. I think it's a recruiting issue and you think it's a coaching issue so we're just going to have to disagree here.

Poor defense is mainly a recruiting issue. You have to start with players that have the right mindset for defense and the right amount of athleticism to play defense at this level. The only thing that the coach can do is demand that his defensive concepts be valued and distribute minutes accordingly.

I think we're so bad defensively because of the players we have while you think it's because of the pace Fran chooses to use. I think it's a recruiting issue and you think it's a coaching issue so we're just going to have to disagree here.

You are confusing me saying slowing down will help a little with saying slowing down is the difference between sucking and being good.

Of course you would be the one to try to compare a garbage Iso play with slowing the ball down.

It wasn't just the last play. We started holding the ball and not running offense so MSU just had to play D for 10 seconds each possession as soon as we got to the under 4 min. TO.

It wasn't just the last play. We started holding the ball and not running offense so MSU just had to play D for 10 seconds each possession as soon as we got to the under 4 min. TO.

Lol you do watch basketball right? MSU shut off the post entry at the end of the game. This Iowa offense only plays well as an inside out team. No post entry = sputtering offense. Izzo knows this. He saved it for the end of the game. He has done this to Fran multiple times. It really came as no suprise to me. I was hoping we could stay warm from 3, but MSU's perimeter defense was very good at the end as well. As we all know none of our guards are ready yet to count on to drive and break down the D or create their own shot. Our only hope for a victory was to have kept the lead at about 7 points. Once we lost it the writing was on the wall.

Lol you do watch basketball right? MSU shut off the post entry at the end of the game. This Iowa offense only plays well as an inside out team. No post entry = sputtering offense. Izzo knows this. He saved it for the end of the game. He has done this to Fran multiple times. It really came as no suprise to me. I was hoping we could stay warm from 3, but MSU's perimeter defense was very good at the end as well. As we all know none of our guards are ready yet to count on to drive and break down the D or create their own shot. Our only hope for a victory was to have kept the lead at about 7 points. Once we lost it the writing was on the wall.

You're not one of them on here that think if we slowed down our offense we would be better defensively are you?

You're not one of them on here that think if we slowed down our offense we would be better defensively are you?

Well not exactly. I do think we make a ton of transition turnovers that often lead to run outs on the other end. This of course compiles negatively on our defensive stats. Personally I don't believe that this team should have a green light to run on every rebound though. I think when you have so many youngsters like we have that you should have them play a little more conservatively until they show some rhythm and then turn them loose. I suppose that idea might be easier to say then to coach though.

Well not exactly. I do think we make a ton of transition turnovers that often lead to run outs on the other end. This of course compiles negatively on our defensive stats. Personally I don't believe that this team should have a green light to run on every rebound though. I think when you have so many youngsters like we have that you should have them play a little more conservatively until they show some rhythm and then turn them loose. I suppose that idea might be easier to say then to coach though.

Twins thinks having a team full of slow players trying to run against a team full of fast players is a good idea.

Latest posts