Since Jon didn't take me up on my offer....

SixAMtailgate

.....to hang a hawkeyenation.com sign over the ledge of the upper deck at the Orange Bowl, I am looking for ideas.

I have first row seats in the upper deck and I think some sort of sign to hang over the ledge is in order.

I am leaning toward something that makes a little dig at the Fiesta for passing us over.

"Oranges are healthier than chips and salsa anyway"
"The beach is certainly better than the desert"

Clearly these will not cut it, I need suggestions.

.....to hang a hawkeyenation.com sign over the ledge of the upper deck at the Orange Bowl, I am looking for ideas.

I have first row seats in the upper deck and I think some sort of sign to hang over the ledge is in order.

I am leaning toward something that makes a little dig at the Fiesta for passing us over.

"Oranges are healthier than chips and salsa anyway"
"The beach is certainly better than the desert"

Clearly these will not cut it, I need suggestions.

You may see a sign like that as a dig at the Fiesta, but our neighbors in Ames will see it as a shot at ISU.

Why take a shot at the Fiesta at all? It makes us look like small and petty if you ask me.

Agreed. No reason for that, just because a lot of people had their heart set on the Fiesta isn't their problem. The Orange is still BCS and I can't understand why people got so bent out of shape after the switch.

Although it would probably be poor sportsmanship, taking a jab at Penn State fans, considering the gloating that they'd get the Orange Bowl nod over Iowa, as well as their perpetual whining, excuse making & holier-than-thouism - would certainly feel satisfying in the short term.

Dear PSU. Having a great time at the beach. Say hi to Micky for us. See you @ Kinnick 10/02/10 for your annual beatdown.

Although it would probably be poor sportsmanship, taking a jab at Penn State fans, considering the gloating that they'd get the Orange Bowl nod over Iowa, as well as their perpetual whining, excuse making & holier-than-thouism - would certainly feel satisfying in the short term.

Dear PSU. Having a great time at the beach. Say hi to Micky for us. See you @ Kinnick 10/02/10 for your annual beatdown.

This! That would be funny.

Game over. This is absolutely brilliant. It is not even worth debating any further. Maybe even bring this to the Hawkeye Huddle Monday night, we'll all get a good laugh over some frosty beverages.

Make it in 2 signs..."Dear PSU, Having a great time at the beach. Say Hi to Mickey for us!" and "See you @ Kinnick 10/02/10 for your annual beatdown!"....that way you don't have to write small to make it fit.

And don't misspell "Mickey" on national television!

Edit: Fixed

Last edited:

Don't jinx the success vs. PSU, especially if you're going to spell Mickey wrong on national tv.

Latest posts