Since Jon didn't take me up on my offer....

Since the AP voters and Coaches Poll voters follow ESPN like sheep and use ESPN "analysis" as the sole basis on which to form their opinions and since, in the minds of some people, ESPN has led a concerted effort to discredit the BigTen, I vote for the following:

"Just do what ESPN says and nobody gets hurt."

In hindsight, the other problem w/ 'say Hi to MickEy for us', besides my misspelling, is the Capital One Bowl would have been 4 days prior - so PSU'ers would probably have long since vacated Orlando. 'hope you said hi to Mickey for us' might work better.

Make it in 2 signs..."Dear PSU, Having a great time at the beack. Say Hi to Mickey for us!" and "See you @ Kinnick 10/02/10 for your annual beatdown!"....that way you don't have to write small to make it fit.

And don't misspell "Mickey" on national television!

As I typo'd "beach"...

Why would we take a jab at Penn State at the Orange Bowl??? You think OSU gonna take some jabs at us at the Rose??? Make it about us, since it is OUR BCS Bowl. I'd say something along the lines of creating our own respect. Since the whole year everybody that was anybody, would tell anyone who'd listen that we weren't any good.

Since the AP voters and Coaches Poll voters follow ESPN like sheep and use ESPN "analysis" as the sole basis on which to form their opinions and since, in the minds of some people, ESPN has led a concerted effort to discredit the BigTen, I vote for the following:

"Just do what ESPN says and nobody gets hurt."

This is PERFECT. It brings to light ESPN's near-dictatorship in sports thinking, and does so in a tongue-in-cheek manner. I, for one, got sick of them telling us that we were no good all year long.

LG, you are right on the money with this one, bro.

FYI--taking a shot at PSU may look a bit arrogant and may make us look like the "little brother" in the situation (i.e. if we know that we are a worthy program, we wouldn't gloat about our performances against PSU because we expected to win). Further, taking a shot at PSU doesn't really fit the demeanor of the team or the tone that KF sets for the program. They are your seats, so do what you want to do, but taking a shot at PSU makes us look like ISU fans when they beat Iowa.

Thinking about this again, the Penn State thing is bad. Orange you glad you chose the Hawks is brilliant...Just Do What ESPN Says is decent but I doubt people will understand it

And the game is on FOX so doubt it ever gets air time.

HAAAAAAA! Good point. The ESPN sign is better left for Gameday. Anybody who agreed with me is an idiot--that means you HawkedyB--you, sir, are an idiot for agreeing with me.

Could always go classy: "Thanks for the great season Hawkeyes".

HAAAAAAA! Good point. The ESPN sign is better left for Gameday. Anybody who agreed with me is an idiot--that means you HawkedyB--you, sir, are an idiot for agreeing with me.

Could always go classy: "Thanks for the great season Hawkeyes".

YES--that is it. Classy is the way to go on this. You've done it again, LG.

P.S. Is it alright if I use the ESPN quote if we get Gameday next year?

YES--that is it. Classy is the way to go on this. You've done it again, LG.

P.S. Is it alright if I use the ESPN quote if we get Gameday next year?

What--do you have a man crush on me or something?

Feel free to use the ESPN quote at Gameday. Glad you think it is funny.

Latest posts