Should you give a Gopher any mercy on X-Mass Game thread

Fouling has literally never led to a comeback from 5 plus points. You have a better chance of winning the lottery and getting hit by lightning in the same day.

Name a game in history where a team has come back from 6 points in a minute in a half by fouling a team in double bonus. They lost, it is what it is.
At Nebraska two years ago.

We hit all our free throws. But Watson and Palmer went unconscious from three in the final minute of regulation. Three is more than two. They got it into OT and won. I couldn't freaking believe it. Its rare, but it happens.

BTW Shon Morris was on the mic that day. Is he doing games this year? Don't know if I've heard him yet.

“Dude,” you completely melt down about “F this team” “cancel the season” “ this team sucks” in literally every game thread where the Hawks don’t play well, basketball or football.

And you know what’s really hilarious (and stupid)? You said, “This is the first basketball game all season I’ve gotten upset,” and then immediately after that you went and deleted a bunch of posts where I and others called you out on it in the past. You can bitch about me all you want (I can definitely take it) but don’t go calling people liars and say you don’t do whatever it is you’re getting accused of and then go delete a bunch of posts to the contrary like a little bitch.

You went to the trouble of going way deep in your post history last night and deleting posts from game threads where people called you out on it. Like this little gem you deleted last night about how you have a long history of dumb “F this team” meltdowns... (December 5)

View attachment 7293
These are all getting undeleted, btw. I totally understand posting something, regretting it, and deleting it. That’s natural when someone gets mad. But you’re doing it to cover your tracks and make people look dumb and that ain’t happening. You post something you can own it.

Look “dude,” you can hate me all you want and you can disagree with me calling you out, but don’t call me a fuckin liar and then go back to delete posts that prove my point. It’s not just me, other people have called you out plenty (I can quote if you want). Melting down like a five year old is one thing, but trying to lie your way out of it is another.

Last thing, just find another team. Honestly. You say it’s being such a huge passionate fan that gets you upset, but it’s not. Everyone gets really pissed sometimes (myself included), but you’re nothing but “F this team” “cancel the season” “this team sucks and they’re not even gonna make the NIT” “F these motherfuckers, the season’s over” every game thread where they’re losing. Don’t tell me you’re not that way either, or I can just simply go through and show you all your deleted posts and un-delete ‘em. That’s not being a fan, that’s a mental issue with either temper tantrum control or booze, probably both if I had to guess. And trying to cover up your shit to make people look dumb after the fact (repeatedly) is a whole separate level of dumb.
I don't hate you at all, Fryowa. I do regret some of the things I have posted which is why I deleted them. I haven't called anyone a liar and I definitely don't delete posts to make other people feel dumb. I delete them because I feel dumb once I've calmed down and realize I was way over the top. I struggle in the moment to keep my composure, which yes is related to my mental health for the record and not alcohol, but it's something I'm fully aware of and trying to make progress with, albeit slowly. I fully acknowledge I've said the things you've mentioned and I don't deny it in the slightest. I understand you don't like me, but I don't like myself either when I look at some of the things I've posted. I love the Hawkeyes and will always root for them.

I don't hate you at all, Fryowa. I do regret some of the things I have posted which is why I deleted them. I haven't called anyone a liar and I definitely don't delete posts to make other people feel dumb. I delete them because I feel dumb once I've calmed down and realize I was way over the top. I struggle in the moment to keep my composure, which yes is related to my mental health for the record and not alcohol, but it's something I'm fully aware of and trying to make progress with, albeit slowly. I fully acknowledge I've said the things you've mentioned and I don't deny it in the slightest. I understand you don't like me, but I don't like myself either when I look at some of the things I've posted. I love the Hawkeyes and will always root for them.
Last post on this because it’s old hat, but the issue isn’t really even your tantrums, it’s telling me you don’t melt down in every single game thread where the Hawks lose. Because you do. Every time.

So yeah, you’re essentially calling me a liar. And then you go back and delete the worst of your posts so people believe you. That’s not happening anymore. If you wanna tell us every five seconds of a losing game...F this team, F everything, cancel the season, this team sucks, this team is a bunch of cocksuclers (to use your words), go find a team to root for that never loses. Because you don’t root for the Hawks no matter what you say. Only being a fan when your team is winning is the worst of the slimiest. Just burn your gear and go buy some Ohio State hoodies. You obviously can’t control your keyboard watching a game so it’s pretty simple, just don’t log in.

Last post on this because it’s old hat, but the issue isn’t really even your tantrums, it’s telling me you don’t melt down in every single game thread where the Hawks lose. Because you do. Every time.

So yeah, you’re essentially calling me a liar. And then you go back and delete the worst of your posts so people believe you. That’s not happening anymore. If you wanna tell us every five seconds of a losing game...F this team, F everything, cancel the season, this team sucks, this team is a bunch of cocksuclers (to use your words), go find a team to root for that never loses. Because you don’t root for the Hawks no matter what you say. Only being a fan when your team is winning is the worst of the slimiest. Just burn your gear and go buy some Ohio State hoodies. You obviously can’t control your keyboard watching a game so it’s pretty simple, just don’t log in.
I'm always a fan win or lose. I watch the entirety of every football and basketball game that's on TV. I proudly wear my Hawkeye gear no matter what the outcome of the most recent game. I will always be a fan of the Hawks. I'm sorry that bothers you so much but they are my team no matter what. But you are absolutely correct that I need to control my keyboard more often during games. That's something I am working on. I hope you and your family had a Merry Christmas.

Latest posts