Should you give a Gopher any mercy on X-Mass Game thread

Honestly, tell me two games on our remaining schedule that are easier (on paper) than tonight's game. Carr looks good because he plays on a team with a bunch of guys who didn't even start in high school. That Johnson kid wouldn't play for any other power 5/6 school. He shoots 8/9 from 3. That's just beyond lucky. We've never had anyone shoot like that from 3.
Matt Gatens

Justin Johnson

Joe Wieskamp against Illnois a couple years ago.

On a different note I'm disappointed we didn't get a better look at the end of regulation. We had time. Should have gone to Garza.

Matt Gatens

Justin Johnson

Joe Wieskamp against Illnois a couple years ago.

On a different note I'm disappointed we didn't get a better look at the end of regulation. We had time. Should have gone to Garza.
When did any of those guys shoot 8/9? Plus, Gatens and Weezy are actually good.

I do get upset when we play like crap and lose to crap teams. I get too upset sometimes. I realize this and continue to work on it. However, your comment about me never posting anything when the Hawks are doing good is just flat out wrong. I post all kinds of positive things in the game threads when the Hawks do something good. My negative posts are just more...dramatic.
Here's just a small sample from the last couple pages, and you do this in literally every game thread. Tons of people besides me have called you out on it. Should I keep quoting the rest of your game threads from FB or BB or is that good enough? If someone here had a nickel for every time you said to cancel the season or "F this team," or "I'm out" they'd be rich. Funnily enough you never go anywhere when you say you're out.

Just stay out of game threads from here on out. Yell at your dog instead.

It's looking like NIT for us now. Minnesota is likely to finish 12th or 13th in the conference and we just lost to them. I'm having a hard time finding any positives when you lose one of the easiest games on your entire schedule. It was beyond a letdown. This team just isn't good. At least now we know and can dramatically lower our expectations. Yay NIT with no fans!!!

What an absolute pathetic joke of a loss. This Iowa team shouldn't even be ranked. Losing to a Minnesota team who won't make whatever tournament is beneath the NIT is the most fucking pathetic thing I've seen in a long while. Minnesota doesn't have anyone besides Carr. Even their fucking bums made everything they threw at the rim. Fucking pathetic. Just cancel the fucking season.

What is with us ice fucking cold from the field these past few games. So many missed open looks. F this game this is such fucking bullshit.

This Johnson guy is a fucking bum who has never scored 10 points in his life and between him and Carr they've made 20 fucking three pointers it's fucking ridiculous. F this cancel the fucking season for Covid. Seriously this is the stupidest fucking game I've ever seen. Minnesota is a shit team with shit players and a shit coach and we fucking lost to them because they're the luckiest bunch of fucking cocksuckers ever. F them.

F THIS

Here's just a small sample from the last couple pages, and you do this in literally every game thread. Tons of people besides me have called you out on it. Should I keep quoting the rest of your game threads from FB or BB or is that good enough? If someone here had a nickel for every time you said to cancel the season or "F this team," or "I'm out" they'd be rich. Funnily enough you never go anywhere when you say you're out.

Just stay out of game threads from here on out. Yell at your dog instead.

While colorful, most of what I said is true. Minnesota is a really bad basketball team that is unlikely to see postseason play. Johnson is a nobody who has never done anything. Minnesota shot 20% above their season free throw average. It was a culmination of absolutely everything going right for them in order to win which is just incredibly frustrating. Not to worry though Fryowa I'm checked out on the rest of the season. I may pick up tickets to our NIT game at Carver if they're allowing fans by then.

LOLOLOLOL

You don't need to "work on it" anymore
Dude, what is your problem with me? I'm not a perfect person and I'm much better than I used to be. Heck, this is the first basketball game all season I've gotten upset. I don't even recall getting too upset in football after the first two games. Either way though I will stay out of game threads per your request.

Fran with another failure at strategy.. not fouling at the end... playing a zoen and leaving that guy wide open again and again.

Fran is cluless when it comes to defense.... its pretty amazing.
Fran doesn’t understand strategy. He makes this same mistake over and over again. Foul any player and let them shoot the free throws. Even if he makes both free throws you still have a one point lead and the ball with the clock in your favor. Put your best free throw shooters in there and we can play this game until the clock runs out BUT HELL NO let their best player take the tying shot.

While colorful, most of what I said is true. Minnesota is a really bad basketball team that is unlikely to see postseason play. Johnson is a nobody who has never done anything. Minnesota shot 20% above their season free throw average. It was a culmination of absolutely everything going right for them in order to win which is just incredibly frustrating. Not to worry though Fryowa I'm checked out on the rest of the season. I may pick up tickets to our NIT game at Carver if they're allowing fans by then.
It is frustrating.

Its also a reason basketball isn't for everyone.

You watch enough basketball you will see games where you wonder what the hell just happened.

This was one of those nights. It happens to Duke, Kansas, Michigan State, Gonzaga, or anybody that has stepped on a court.

It will even out at some point down the road and we will steal a game we had no business winning.

Or perhaps our Minneapolis luck evened out from last year, when we won a game WE had no business winning.

It is frustrating.

Its also a reason basketball isn't for everyone.

You watch enough basketball you will see games where you wonder what the hell just happened.

This was one of those nights. It happens to Duke, Kansas, Michigan State, Gonzaga, or anybody that has stepped on a court.

It will even out at some point down the road and we will steal a game we had no business winning.

Or perhaps our Minneapolis luck evened out from last year, when we won a game WE had no business winning.
Sports in general isn’t for him.

Dude, what is your problem with me? I'm not a perfect person and I'm much better than I used to be. Heck, this is the first basketball game all season I've gotten upset. I don't even recall getting too upset in football after the first two games. Either way though I will stay out of game threads per your request.
Last years Purdue basketball.

First quarter of this year's Illinois football.

I call out players and coaches all the time.

But I seldom say "We are an NIT team" or "We shouldn't even be ranked" or "We don't deserve a bowl" or "Lets just let Covid cancel the season".

Those are the rants of a ten year old kid. You're better than that.

You're better.

As much as I love the kid, right now he's not deserving of any minutes.
His play the past couple games, with the horrible TO's and awful shot selection puts JBo as maybe our 7th or 8th best option right now.
Hope he breaks out of this funk - we need him.
Agreed. We need everybody to win. We have the depth to delegate minutes as earned. Connor passed up on plenty of open...wide open...looks. Maybe he doesn't drill them all but he has to shoot a couple here and there. Keep the defense honest.

Effff ups for 500 from Heaven Jack.

“This major university had two NFL tight ends drafted in the same year and what was considered one of the top College QB’s at the beginning of the year but the duffus coaching staff didn’t have the brains to utilize these players” ALSO “This same university had assembled one of the most talented basketball teams in decades and managed to choke it all to hell against Minnesota.”

What is Indiana University Jack. “Are you kidding me???” “Who let this clown up here. Send him to purgatory!!!”

What is Iowa State Jack? “Good God man did I die and go to hell?? Get him out of here too!”

What is the University of Iowa Jack. “Yes!!! Yes!!! Yes, that is the correct answer! Oh hi Hayden.” The first angel that says it ok to lose like that I will punch in the face!!! “I definitely won’t say that to you Hayden.” Thanks Jack

We were up by 7 with 47 secs left
Just when I was beginning too calm down someone sticks a knife in ya and twist it, lol.

It was a freaking fluke like I said in my thread. A freaking perfect storm.

On a bright side perspective, now they can focus as a team on getting better and get any undefeated in the conference nonsense out of the way.

We will be dancing in the NCAA tournament while Minnesota is home watching it on TV and eating popcorn.

Shit happens and they got to learn from it and improve. Those who have ever coached know that so much more is learned and remembered from a loss. You just don’t want to keep learning and having to remember too often.

Fran needs to learn also.

Not for nothing...
Guy averages less than 6 points a game
was 2-10 from 3 point range
didn’t score at all in his last game
shoots 8-9 from 3 point range gets 26 points
that shit don’t happen much.
Plus make 1 more free throw in the last stretch of the game where they missed a shit ton

“Dude,” you completely melt down about “F this team” “cancel the season” “ this team sucks” in literally every game thread where the Hawks don’t play well, basketball or football.

And you know what’s really hilarious (and stupid)? You said, “This is the first basketball game all season I’ve gotten upset,” and then immediately after that you went and deleted a bunch of posts where I and others called you out on it in the past. You can bitch about me all you want (I can definitely take it) but don’t go calling people liars and say you don’t do whatever it is you’re getting accused of and then go delete a bunch of posts to the contrary like a little bitch.

You went to the trouble of going way deep in your post history last night and deleting posts from game threads where people called you out on it. Like this little gem you deleted last night about how you have a long history of dumb “F this team” meltdowns... (December 5)

0DB40417-E6C9-4991-80A7-C6D6B9AA8A68.jpeg
These are all getting undeleted, btw. I totally understand posting something, regretting it, and deleting it. That’s natural when someone gets mad. But you’re doing it to cover your tracks and make people look dumb and that ain’t happening. You post something you can own it.

Look “dude,” you can hate me all you want and you can disagree with me calling you out, but don’t call me a fuckin liar and then go back to delete posts that prove my point. It’s not just me, other people have called you out plenty (I can quote if you want). Melting down like a five year old is one thing, but trying to lie your way out of it is another.

Last thing, just find another team. Honestly. You say it’s being such a huge passionate fan that gets you upset, but it’s not. Everyone gets really pissed sometimes (myself included), but you’re nothing but “F this team” “cancel the season” “this team sucks and they’re not even gonna make the NIT” “F these motherfuckers, the season’s over” every game thread where they’re losing. Don’t tell me you’re not that way either, or I can just simply go through and show you all your deleted posts and un-delete ‘em. That’s not being a fan, that’s a mental issue with either temper tantrum control or booze, probably both if I had to guess. And trying to cover up your shit to make people look dumb after the fact (repeatedly) is a whole separate level of dumb.