Should Ia State switch conferences

It is true that the only football teams that they can compete with of late are Iowa, FCS and MAC schools... But they have been in that conference since its inception. Iowa would be a two or three win team right now if playing ISU's slate.

Another baseless Clown comment. Iowa wouldn't do so well against the B12 based on what? Based on the SOS argument? Iowa has had until this point a tougher schedule than Baylor among others. Iowa has beat 2 teams that were ranked at the time the games were played, Northwestern, Wisconsin. And 1 team is now ranked... Pittsburgh. Or maybe you want to use the argument that Nebraska has done so well in the B1G? Get real! Maybe this comment is based upon the recent record? Iowa since 2005 is 6-5 against Iowa State. How many coaches has Iowa State had since then? 3? Working on 4? Or is it 2 working on 3?

ISU's problems are systemic in that they don't have the depth or the starters to compete against the powers of their conference yet you think that would change if they came to the B1G or if Iowa went to the B12? Iowa State has a narrow recruiting base with competing schools on either side getting the best players. There is very little to draw top talent there. Not a lot of television exposure, competing facilities, location, coaches or history. This year Iowa State suffers from the lack of a decent QB and a offensive line. I posted earlier this year that they would be lucky to win 4 games. I still hold to that.

Another baseless Clown comment. Iowa wouldn't do so well against the B12 based on what? Based on the SOS argument? Iowa has had until this point a tougher schedule than Baylor among others. Iowa has beat 2 teams that were ranked at the time the games were played, Northwestern, Wisconsin. And 1 team is now ranked... Pittsburgh. Or maybe you want to use the argument that Nebraska has done so well in the B1G? Get real! Maybe this comment is based upon the recent record? Iowa since 2005 is 6-5 against Iowa State. How many coaches has Iowa State had since then? 3? Working on 4? Or is it 2 working on 3?

ISU's problems are systemic in that they don't have the depth or the starters to compete against the powers of their conference yet you think that would change if they came to the B1G or if Iowa went to the B12? Iowa State has a narrow recruiting base with competing schools on either side getting the best players. There is very little to draw top talent there. Not a lot of television exposure, competing facilities, location, coaches or history. This year Iowa State suffers from the lack of a decent QB and a offensive line. I posted earlier this year that they would be lucky to win 4 games. I still hold to that.

I have a feeling he isn't the kind of guy who is going to get into a logical debate with you. Just a hunch. He'd prefer to say "I'm right. You are all wrong. Let's keep facts out of this. Carry on."

Hey Crimson and all delusional Clowns who think they are anything but bottom dweller in any conference.....

Here is the deal, the B1G West isn't even close to the worst Division out there. It is tougher than the Pac12 South, Pac12 North, ACC Coastal, 75% of the Big12, and the SEC East. Heck this article when mocking the SEC east the author brings up the old Big12 North. You know that pathetic division in college football that the Clowns could never win, even though 4-4 or 5-3 division records won that pathetic thing several times (2004, 2005, 2006, & 2008........yet da Clowns would compete in a real division in a real conference????? I don't think so.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...est-sec-east-division-rankings-advanced-stats

But the SEC East can take solace in knowing that if the Big 12 North were still around, it would be far, far worse. Those teams — Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa State, Kansas State, Missouri and Colorado — would have an S&P+ of -4.7, according to Connelly, which would rank 14th. That's worse than both AAC divisions, the MAC West, the MWC Mountain and Conference USA East.

Last edited:
Hey Crimson and all delusional Clowns who think they are anything but bottom dweller in any conference.....

Here is the deal, the B1G West isn't even close to the worst Division out there. It is tougher than the Pac12 South, Pac12 North, ACC Coastal, 75% of the Big12, and the SEC East. Heck this article when mocking the SEC east the author brings up the old Big12 North. You know that pathetic division in college football that the Clowns could never win, even though 4-4 or 5-3 division records won that pathetic thing several times (2004, 2005, 2006, & 2008........yet da Clowns would compete in a real division in a real conference????? I don't think so.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...est-sec-east-division-rankings-advanced-stats

But the SEC East can take solace in knowing that if the Big 12 North were still around, it would be far, far worse. Those teams — Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa State, Kansas State, Missouri and Colorado — would have an S&P+ of -4.7, according to Connelly, which would rank 14th. That's worse than both AAC divisions, the MAC West, the MWC Mountain and Conference USA East.

Here's the predictable Cyclone fan reaction to your article...

Who is sbnation? Never heard of em. Maybe if it were from a reputable source I'd believe it.

Meanwhile they worship anything that ******* Chris says and he's as inaccurate as it gets. The guy who picked ISU to beat Texas Tech. The guy who called Mark Mangino a home run hire, and is now claiming he admires Paul Rhoads for making a change.

My apologies if someone already posted something similar, but...

ISU against current Big XII teams:
122-230-15 (.332)

ISU against current Big Ten teams:
44-169-5 (.202)

These records are through the 2014 season (and tabulated by hand, so my apologies for any inaccuracies...but it should be close).

Moral of the story: careful what you wish for, Clones.

Latest posts