Should Ia State switch conferences

Maybe Iowa and Iowa state should just swap conferences. That way we could run the table every year and ISU's football revenue would jump up to thirty million a year from the Big Ten Network and they would feel right at home being in last place in the B1G every season. Win, win for every one......well lose, lose, lose in the B1G during the football season for ISU.

Adding ISU adds no new TV market or money so the Big 10 would not consider this. Picking up a Big 12 school south of Ames is more likely to happen, but still unlikely to happen.

But with that, why are there so many threads about Iowa State? I don't care about them outside of the Cy-Hawk week, nor do I root against them during the season. The Hawks are playing extremely well and I think it's well known we're 'big brother'.

Iowa has the same number of wins this year that ISU has in the past three years combined.

Ha! I just wanted to say that.

Iowa has the same number of wins this year that ISU has in the past three years combined.

surprised it took someone until page 2 to figure this out :)

also, they should drop to d1aa but not the missouri valley. That's way too tough a conference for them.

#SOS. We all know they'd be 7-0 with our schedule and we'd be 7-24 with their's the past 3 years, 'cause, you know, they play Baylor and TCU every week.

surprised it took someone until page 2 to figure this out :)

also, they should drop to d1aa but not the missouri valley. That's way too tough a conference for them.

Agreed. The perfect league for them would be the Pioneer League with Drake, with the exception that the existing members still can't give football scholarships, but ISUck can.

I am a person who has learned the hard way if you run head first into a wall enough times, you need to change course. I would like to see ISU join the Big East here is why.

1. Good BBall Conference (We all know ISU is a Bball School first)
2. They do not have to compete with the Texas schools for recruiting in football ( This gives them somewhat regional advantage/difference to offer in recruiting)
3. Iowa gets the OOC opponent from the Big East ---Pittsburg--they are rising and now improving a somewhat weak football conference. Will help Hawks is ISu can go 6-6 vs 2-10 year in and out.
3. Even as little brother you still represent the State of Iowa and being a "Historically Worst" category DI team is downright embarrassing.

I want ISU to do better, as is now and will always be, this is the Hawkeye state I am not worried about recruits. IA State should learn, if it is broke, fix it! The Big 12 is a conference they will never be able to compete in---NEVER.

Saying Iowa state is a basketball school seems like an exaggeration. Duke, Kentucky and North Carolina are basketball schools. Iowa state is a school, not a basketball school.

ISU better just hang on and enjoy the ride in the Big 12. I still feel that ultimately this will be the conference that breaks up when the move to the 4 power conferences happens.

ISU better just hang on and enjoy the ride in the Big 12. I still feel that ultimately this will be the conference that breaks up when the move to the 4 power conferences happens.

I agree. It's only a matter of time. I'd guesstimate 5 years. Which means they better find their pulse on the football field because their chance to prove that they are worth saving is quickly running out. It's probably too late at this point, but there are examples of teams who have made quick turnarounds.

I agree. It's only a matter of time. I'd guesstimate 5 years. Which means they better find their pulse on the football field because their chance to prove that they are worth saving is quickly running out. It's probably too late at this point, but there are examples of teams who have made quick turnarounds.

Don't you know? Iowa St. is a basketball school, football doesn't matter, being in one of the 4 eventual mega-conferences won't matter.

Don't you know? Iowa St. is a basketball school, football doesn't matter, being in one of the 4 eventual mega-conferences won't matter.

They are a joke. That's it. That's really all that needs to be said. They are so used to being horrible that when they actually have success in something they don't know how to handle it and they act like all of a sudden they are conquering the world. CPR's tenure is a perfect example. They have a little bit of success early on and all of a sudden their fan base is consistently predicting 7 or 8 win seasons even though that's never happened on a regular basis in Ames and all of the evidence suggested otherwise. Anyone who told them differently was a troll (a very wise troll in hindsight). Then look at basketball... they have some success with Hoiberg and they start throwing around the idea that they are close to becoming a blue blood. The level of stupidity in that fan base is absurd.

The majority of Cyclone fans completely lack the ability to have perspective. They can't detach themselves from the situation and look at it with some perspective. Therefore they have some success and they don't know how to handle it. It's zero to hero instantaneously.

Uhh, yeah, bruh. I don't have evidence, but if you look at Ol' Miss's recruiting classes, they suddenly got a huge bump of talent that seems consistent with guys getting paid. ISU would have to surpass the Dallas Cowboys's payroll to do a quick turnaround and it would raise eyebrows.

interesting names listed:

http://www.campusrush.com/al-golden-miami-usc-coaching-corousel-1423076703.html

Iowa State
Breakdown: This is Year 7 for Paul Rhoads, who hasn't won a bowl game since 2009 and is 7-24 the past three seasons. He's a good fit and the administrators like him, but he simply hasn't won enough. Has there been enough progress to sell hope for the future? Probably not. The only wins this season are against Northern Iowa and Kansas. And rival Iowa's revival in 2015 certainly hasn't helped matters.
This will get repetitive in this lower-tier section, but there are a lot of bad jobs destined to open this year and many coaches skeptical to fill them. Iowa State is particularly tough to figure, as it's the worst job in the Big 12, has little local recruiting base and a limited history of success.
Names: Dino Babers, David Bailiff, Brady Hoke, Houston Nutt, Ed Warinner, Troy Calhoun and Bo Pelini.

ISU should go after Tom Herman aa head coach. He was an ISU assistant and OC from 2009 to 2011 before leaving to join Urban Meyer's staff at OSU and then head coach at Houston

would Herman really want that job? hell he can find more top level athletes just in the city he is coaching in right now than the entire state of Iowa

ISU should go after Tom Herman aa head coach. He was an ISU assistant and OC from 2009 to 2011 before leaving to join Urban Meyer's staff at OSU and then head coach at Houston

ISU needs to find somebody with no ties to the program. Somebody like Herman knows the program and the challenges it faces all too well, he's not coming back.

Latest posts