Should Ia State switch conferences

interesting names listed:

http://www.campusrush.com/al-golden-miami-usc-coaching-corousel-1423076703.html

Iowa State
Breakdown: This is Year 7 for Paul Rhoads, who hasn't won a bowl game since 2009 and is 7-24 the past three seasons. He's a good fit and the administrators like him, but he simply hasn't won enough. Has there been enough progress to sell hope for the future? Probably not. The only wins this season are against Northern Iowa and Kansas. And rival Iowa's revival in 2015 certainly hasn't helped matters.
This will get repetitive in this lower-tier section, but there are a lot of bad jobs destined to open this year and many coaches skeptical to fill them. Iowa State is particularly tough to figure, as it's the worst job in the Big 12, has little local recruiting base and a limited history of success.
Names: Dino Babers, David Bailiff, Brady Hoke, Houston Nutt, Ed Warinner, Troy Calhoun and Bo Pelini.

I'm not sure whether saying "he's a good fit", is more of an insult to Rhoads or ISU...

We profess to not care about ISU athletics, yet we obsess about ISU athletics - to the point of over 40 replies and nearly 1800 views, as an example. Why is that?

We profess to not care about ISU athletics, yet we obsess about ISU athletics - to the point of over 40 replies and nearly 1800 views, as an example. Why is that?

It's called a rivalry for a reason. Very few Iowa fans simply "don't care" about Iowa State even if they make that claim. What we do care about is how obnoxious their fan base is and how delusional they've become. As an in-state rival I see no reason why we can't poke fun at their situation. When you have to live in and around Cyclone fans and their stupidity it is somewhat of a relief to laugh at them when they actually realize exactly how idiotic they have looked.

If your little brother makes a fool of himself chances are you'd give him a hard time (depending on the circumstances). That's all this is.

It's called a rivalry for a reason. Very few Iowa fans simply "don't care" about Iowa State even if they make that claim. What we do care about is how obnoxious their fan base is and how delusional they've become. As an in-state rival I see no reason why we can't poke fun at their situation. When you have to live in and around Cyclone fans and their stupidity it is somewhat of a relief to laugh at them when they actually realize exactly how idiotic they have looked.

If your little brother makes a fool of himself chances are you'd give him a hard time (depending on the circumstances). That's all this is.

Hawks are poised to go 8-0 and you want to talk clowns. Jeebus.

Also, you mentioned in one paragraph how obnoxious, delusional, stupid, and idiotic the clowns are (which I agree with on a lot of levels), but apparently forgot they've beat us 3 out of the last 5 years.

Forget the Rubes that are ISU and get on with lovin' some Hawks.

Also, you mentioned in one paragraph how obnoxious, delusional, stupid, and idiotic the clowns are (which I agree with on a lot of levels), but apparently forgot they've beat us 3 out of the last 5 years.

can't do both? it's all about their obnoxious fans - and all the shat they send 'our' way -- and that has been plentiful -- time to return the favor and i find it fun -- living in central IA....

can't do both? it's all about their obnoxious fans - and all the shat they send 'our' way -- and that has been plentiful -- time to return the favor and i find it fun -- living in central IA....

I guess I was more referring to the original discussion of the thread (on a Hawks board, no less) of what conference ISWho should try to join in order to be more successful. I just thought that better suited to a cyclone forum, assuming they have internet access in Ames of course.

Saying little brother makes our fan base look so dumb when they beat us half the time in football and most of the time in basketball

As imported said... Why not do both!? I'm certainly enjoying the ride the Hawks are taking us on this year. I'm also enjoying the slide Paul Rhoads is taking Cyclone fans on. It's not often you can have your cake and eat it too. I'm gonna enjoy it.

Saying little brother makes our fan base look so dumb when they beat us half the time in football and most of the time in basketball

It's their mentality that is little brother. Most people realize that. The way they react to different circumstances screams little brother. That includes both wins and losses. Everyone knows the statistical history. That's not what this is about.

The reason the Clowns think they can compete in the BIG is their record against us. Say what you want,but its plain embarrassing how many times we have lost to them. No way the BIG ever accepts them because they bring nothing to the table. If they ever get the right coach,its possible to compete there. Anyone remember how good Colorado was for a few years back in the 80-90s. Then they screwed up their hires just as ISU has. I can't beleive they would let Pollard hire another one. He got really lucky with Freddy who saved his ***

As imported said... Why not do both!? I'm certainly enjoying the ride the Hawks are taking us on this year. I'm also enjoying the slide Paul Rhoads is taking Cyclone fans on. It's not often you can have your cake and eat it too. I'm gonna enjoy it.

It's their mentality that is little brother. Most people realize that. The way they react to different circumstances screams little brother. That includes both wins and losses. Everyone knows the statistical history. That's not what this is about.

Keep up the good work DP. Delusional Clown fans drive me nuts, so I like to mock them on the interwebz. I have tons of good ISU fan friends that I don't mock or talk crap to. They are good fans, are reasonable......that isn't who we are mocking. We are mocking the 90% of Clown fans that are delusional dipsh!ts.

Also if you don't like the subject, then move along, and just GTFO out of the thread and move onto a thread/topic that you do like and do want to participate in.

Ding, ding, ding we have a winner. Those of us who live in central Iowa work with these bozos....they are our neighbors, unfortunately some are even family members. The last 10 years or so they are no longer embarrassed to wear those hideous colors out in public everywhere I go it seems I am out numbered. So yeah, anytime the mirror can be put up and let them know they are Iowa St. I am all for it.

Ding, ding, ding we have a winner. Those of us who live in central Iowa work with these bozos....they are our neighbors, unfortunately some are even family members. The last 10 years or so they are no longer embarrassed to wear those hideous colors out in public everywhere I go it seems I am out numbered. So yeah, anytime the mirror can be put up and let them know they are Iowa St. I am all for it.
I think that's a good perspective. It's more about the fans than the teams or coaches. In the old days Iowa virtually ignored Iowa State. Re-starting the football game in 1977 is probably the culprit. It gave ISU instant standing in the state and their fans courage to sound off. I wish I didn't get sucked into it; I think ignoring them would be better.

The local DSM media is also part of the equation that feeds the central IA attitudes. They go out of their way to make sure equal coverage is given to both programs regardless of the degree of success of either program in any given season. Oh, to return to the days of The Peach.

As far as ISU in another conference, I would say location will always be the biggest enemy........ and that isn't changing in the near future to the best of my knowledge.

They've had a recent run under Freddy in bball...which is now over. And Kirk "played not to lose" and gave them a handful of football games which are still head-shakers.

Big picture, they're not close in either rivalry. In the one sport where they were respectable, their "legend" switched sides and became an IOWA icon. We have scoreboard on them there...too.

You wanna get into things like academics, place on the world stage, financial backing, prestigious alums and faculty...you name it. The University of Iowa is a cut above...almost across the board. Always has been.

Not to mention the rube-like personality of a significant portion of their student body. Elitist as this may sound, Ames isn't the most sophisticated place. A nice Midwestern town, maybe...but nothing like Iowa City.

So yeah... after putting up with the rabid influx of clowns on this board anytime they have something to thump their chest over....acting like...well, little brother....it can be fun to discuss such topics.

Suck it, Cy

Last edited:

Nope, has no reflection upon our fan base at all. It's just reality.

To not call them little would be to dishonest.

They choose to define themselves by where they precieve they are in relation to Iowa. Which in most years is a delusional evaluation at best.

Thats a little brother mentality.

They talk about how they would do in our conference to make themselves feel better, when it's completely irrelevant and shouldn't matter to them at all. But it does.

Untill they stop worrying about Iowa, a team that really has no bearing on them, they will be little brother.

Nope, has no reflection upon our fan base at all. It's just reality.

To not call them little would be to dishonest.

They choose to define themselves by where they precieve they are in relation to Iowa. Which in most years is a delusional evaluation at best.

Thats a little brother mentality.

They talk about how they would do in our conference to make themselves feel better, when it's completely irrelevant and shouldn't matter to them at all. But it does.

Untill they stop worrying about Iowa, a team that really has no bearing on them, they will be little brother.

Exactly. Whether they admit it or not they define their success based upon comparing themselves to Iowa. In basketball and in football. Whether they are successful or horrible doesn't matter. It's always "we did this" "Iowa did that". That's a little bro mentality. When you can't get out of your older brothers shadow you always feel like you're comparing yourself to them and their accomplishments. Iowa fans don't define themselves based off of one opponent in a long season. Especially when that opponent has been historically atrocious.

I could care less about ISU and the fact that we discuss ISU on our forum encourages their delusional fans that we care about their predicament and continues their idiocy. I might feel differently if I lived in Iowa and had to have interaction with their fans, fortunately that isn't the case. Go Hawks and I don't care about ISU.

Last edited:
I could care less about ISU and the fact that we discuss ISU on our forum encourages their delusional fans that we care about their predicament and continues their idiocy. I might feel differently if I lived in Iowa and had to have interaction with their fans, fortunately that isn't the case. Go Hawks and I don't care about ISU.

you "could" care less or you "couldn't" care less?

lolz

Latest posts