Seth Wallace elevated to Assistant Head Coach

What is the significance of this? I've never heard of a football program having an assistant head coach. Still no OC.

I know we all saw that one coming
Ha nope nope we did not. Leave it to KF to throw some curveballs at us. So there's our HC in waiting I suppose is what that means. The guy is really highly thought of too though. I still woulda preferred Woods but at least it wasn't Barnett.

Saw Parker got himself the well deserved raise he had coming. That's good.

What is the significance of this? I've never heard of a football program having an assistant head coach. Still no OC.
From everything I've read/heard about him, he's going to be a helluva DC and HC somewhere someday. Will hopefully keep him here as long as possible.

PP was given a raise to 1.9 mill. I'm assuming that this comes from the need to raise his salary to make it on the same level as the elite OC that we're bringing in and not because of the performance of his defense.

Somewhere Fry is screaming, "Levar Woods is a coaching God!!!! How can you not see that Ferentz?"
I don't think it was a case of him not deserving it. Just that it's rare to see coordinators elevated to this position because they don't need a title bump. I wouldn't read into it.

However, since you mentioned him, I have a little something to whet your appetite @Fryowa

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 2.58.03 PM.png

Dumbfounding....this....and why this before a new OC being announced? I get Parker's raise...that makes sense. A pay raise for Wallace is ok as well.....but why the new title?

I looked around to see how many ass't HC's I could find to see what their other role is. I found:

5 RB coaches
1 OL coach
1 TE coach
1 CB coach
2 LB coaches
1 safeties coach
1 strength coach
1 run game coordinator
Jim Harbaugh's 84 year old dad (yes, I'm serious)

So to say that PP or future OC not getting the AHC will upset the cart, giving them the title would actually be an anomaly. Could you imagine PP giving 2 shits about the title?

Also, and I said this in a semi-sarcastic post, but PP was making 1.3 mill. But to be serious, there's no way to bring in a quality OC that will agree to come for something similar to that number. I don't know what PP's feelings would be on making 1 mill less than a new OC, but it just wouldn't look right either way.

Also, according to an Alabama insider, they offered PP $2.1 mill to leave, so it would make sense to give him a raise.

SW was handed the Minny DC job for what I would have to assume would be more than what he was making at Iowa. The title and raise is showing appreciation and giving him cash to hopefully keep him here as long as possible.

Also, and I said this in a semi-sarcastic post, but PP was making 1.3 mill. But to be serious, there's no way to bring in a quality OC that will agree to come for something similar to that number. I don't know what PP's feelings would be on making 1 mill less than a new OC, but it just wouldn't look right either way.

Also, according to an Alabama insider, they offered PP $2.1 mill to leave, so it would make sense to give him a raise.

SW was handed the Minny DC job for what I would have to assume would be more than what he was making at Iowa. The title and raise is showing appreciation and giving him cash to hopefully keep him here as long as possible.
Right now, Iowa's main selling point to a potential new OC coming in may be that Phil Parker is here which means Iowa typically is going to have a top defense. "That defense will compliment your offense and make your offense look even better. Our defense will not put your offense in bad situations."

PP may be the MOST IMPORTANT key cog in this OC search.

That would answer my question.....throwing more money and a title to keep him.

Dumbfounding....this....and why this before a new OC being announced? I get Parker's raise...that makes sense. A pay raise for Wallace is ok as well.....but why the new title?

Maybe its proactive competitive pay. Maybe also setting the bar for the new OC who will likely command nearly $2m

Sounds like Iowa should just make Phil Parker the head coach, make Wallace the DC and then let Parker pick the OC.

What are the chance Kirk appoints himself the OC?

a4571d87-e098-4cd8-878f-c1acce3c7b30_text.gif

Latest posts