Schwartz: Dolphin, the Hawkeyes, and Being PC

So I'm in a bar getting drunk and talking to this guy with very different ideas than my own. I say to him, "You realize everyone is racist."
He answers, "Not me. I judge people on the content of their character."
I reply, "I wish more people were like you. By the way, let me ask you a question. If an alien race landed on earth and gave humankind a choice between exterminating all humans or all rats, which would you vote for?"
My fellow barfly retorts, "That's a no-brainer. Humans of course."
Me: "Hominina over rodentia? Classic racist reply. Your race over another's."
What a racist bastard.

He nailed it.

But I thought you were referring to Gus calling a baby who didn't get aborted "a baby".

"Record-breaking Ohio State running back J.K. Dobbins is reportedly known to his mother as her “miracle baby,” said Fox Sports announcer Gus Johnson on Saturday. Dobbins’ mother became pregnant with him when she was 18 years old and contemplated having an abortion, Johnson outlined, but ultimately chose life.

“J.K. Dobbins’ mom, Mya, became pregnant when she was 18 years old,” the announcer detailed. “She went to the doctor because she was thinking about aborting the baby, but changed her mind.”

“That baby turned out to be that young man, J.K. Dobbins,” he added, “who she calls her ‘miracle baby.’”

A guy for the niners got suspended for saying Lamar Jackson is good at ball fakes because his dark skin and dark uniform hide the ball better. Evidently, having dark skin is so appalling and disgusting that even mentioning it is bad.

That is a wonderful article. Kinda makes me happy we didn't get X with his sensitive dad.

This line is reality:

"Yet, in the end, which party was racist, Dolphin or the university, the latter so eager to equate or conflate a black player with a gorilla? It seemed Iowa applied bad, simplistic straight-addition anthropological math to punish and humiliate Dolphin."

Wife was watching the morning news, and there were comments on racism. She asked which of the two persons was being racist. I tried to formulate an intelligent response, but I just gave up. No matter what you say, it is an unwinnable argument.

Wife was watching the morning news, and there were comments on racism. She asked which of the two persons was being racist. I tried to formulate an intelligent response, but I just gave up. No matter what you say, it is an unwinnable argument.

About 20-25 years ago (best estimate) the phrase "What do you think about <topic> " was gradually and strategically replaced with the phrase "How do you feel about <topic> ". That explains much of where we are today with respect to many things.

BTW, m
About 20-25 years ago (best estimate) the phrase "What do you think about <topic> " was gradually and strategically replaced with the phrase "How do you feel about <topic> ". That explains much of where we are today with respect to many things.

I have to agree, I have a friend who professes much the same, and his ultimate put down is to ask me how I "feel" about something!

Latest posts