Saturday night wake up call!!!

Good thing we don't have a fake punt in wrestling. We would be throwing the special teams coach under the bus as well. since brands is in over his head, maybe we can talk him into a fake forfiet. we say we are going to forfiet 149 but just as the opponent is going to have his hand raised, (insert name of iowa 149 lber here) runs out on the may totally taking the opponent by surprise and winning.
UMM ya, Brands in over his head.

Speaking of forfeits, what Missouri pulled yesterday was pathetic. The NCAA needs to start punishing that behavior.

Speaking of forfeits, what Missouri pulled yesterday was pathetic. The NCAA needs to start punishing that behavior.

How would they punish it? Take control of their lineup for a day? Make them forfeit another weight? Not let the 133 pounder wrestle in their conference tournament? Fine them? It's their lineup, they can do whatever they want.

How would they punish it? Take control of their lineup for a day? Make them forfeit another weight? Not let the 133 pounder wrestle in their conference tournament? Fine them? It's their lineup, they can do whatever they want.

Give them a lower seed in the NCAA tournament. Of course it's their lineup, but if you're ducking people, then you should lose the higher seed.

Give them a lower seed in the NCAA tournament. Of course it's their lineup, but if you're ducking people, then you should lose the higher seed.

Yeah i agree it does suck, but w/ how many injuries there are in wrestling it'd be impossible to enforce. There is just no way of knowing if a guy is injured or not. Look at Steiber, everyone thought he was dodging ramos in January and that turned out to be false. it's just impossible to tell.

Give me a break. National duals are one of the most worthless events in college. Most teams don't even want to be there but go because they feel obligated.

The one thing we always had was wrestling. Now were getting beat by penn state, Minnesota, Missouri? Bummer

Give you a break on what? You're for people protecting seeds?

The idea of punishing teams is ridiculous, even if they are protecting seeds. Maybe Iowa should have pulled some of that this weekend instead of getting 2 of our best wrestlers beaten to a pulp.

Big time wake up call. I don't see why it isn't a big deal. This was the best of the best, we should want to win and I think we did. We got beat. Not good

The idea of punishing teams is ridiculous, even if they are protecting seeds. Maybe Iowa should have pulled some of that this weekend instead of getting 2 of our best wrestlers beaten to a pulp.

Would you feel the same way if Ramos was #4 and Missouri still at 3? This would theoretically allow the Missouri guy to stay at 3, keep Ramos at 4, thus making Ramos wrestle Steiber in the semis instead of the finals at nationals if seeds matched rankings.

Would you feel the same way if Ramos was #4 and Missouri still at 3? This would theoretically allow the Missouri guy to stay at 3, keep Ramos at 4, thus making Ramos wrestle Steiber in the semis instead of the finals at nationals if seeds matched rankings.

I wouldn't like it but I would accept it. It's just one of those wrestling things.

This is almost the exact same thing that happened with Steiber earlier this year though. Everybody thought Steiber and tOSU were dodging Ramos, but it turned out (as another poster said) to actually be an injury that just required time. If the NCAA came in and said, we don't care if you're injured or not you have to wrestle or we're not going to give you a favorable seeding, there would be uproar.

Latest posts