Rumors about Brust

Fran would have to try pretty hard to lose more games than Lick. He would have to do something like not change defenses no matter how much they were getting torched, or continue running the four corners offense even when they were down by 10. oh wait....

Looking at the Suntimes this morning,they have a picture of Reggie Smith blowing by Ben Brust in the North/South All Star game they played at Loyola last nite. On their website they have the next picture, which is Smith dunking while Brust looks on out by the free throw line.
Now, no knock on Ben,but more of a comment on Smith, who is Marquette-bound.
Iowa did not pursue him,altho he is one of the more explosive pgs in this class and the illini had no rides to give...and Buzz Williams swooped in for yet another explosive athlete from the area.
Hopefully,Fran will be going after the Reggie Smiths in future and hopefully,if Ben sticks at Iowa, he will not prove to be another defensive liability that Lick has brought in like Devan, and at least last year, Cully. We need quick,and tough perimeter defenders.
Also noticed that Hyde Park pg, Fabyon Harris, committed to SMU and Doherty the other day....he was a quick strong perimeter defender who was called the fastest player in the city of Chicago this year....give me guys like that ,please.

That will be one uncomfortable living room session. "Um coach, you have just lost your best player and top rated recruit after you sat in their living room, what can you say that should stop us from following suit?"

Easy, there is an immediate possibility of you playing and we don't like people who use drugs to be on our team.

I guess I'd rather just sink the freaking ship and start to build it back. Can it really get worse than 10-21 and playing the beach basket brand of basketball? No.

There is a loaded class in the state of Iowa for 2012. I'd rather have as many rides available for them as possible and NOT get tied up in Jucos

as i said before i would rather not start over. I just don't have the paitence to go thru more losing seasons. I see more of the same next year. How do you keep your team fired up, when you can't win games, and by the looks of it an even shorter roster then this year. We don't have enough guys to field at least two people at each position.

and yes it can get worse, we can win no games.

More than that, how many of these 2012 kids are going to want to sign with Iowa if the team has sucked for over a decade? FM needs to get it turned around before that class signs or we are going to have a lot of out of state coaches leaving Iowa happy come signing period time.

Larson, is not completely out of the picture, he wants to be rerecruited and get to know Fran better. I also don't think there are that many openings unless he waits and resigns next fall with some other team. So I would not count him gone unless Fran finds someone better.

Larson, is not completely out of the picture, he wants to be rerecruited and get to know Fran better. I also don't think there are that many openings unless he waits and resigns next fall with some other team. So I would not count him gone unless Fran finds someone better.

But wait. There are 7 major conference coaching changes. Some of them still haven't hired a coach. If I am to believe what I read on this forum, that means there are like 20 or so spots open on these teams.

i think with the news of transfering players, and recruits not coming,,,the upside is that there are a lot of schools who changed coaches or will be shortly. there are probably a lot of players and recruits looking for new situations to go to. Maybe mad mac pulls a rabbit or two, from other signed players looking for releases from their schools. Hey i am just trying to make something positive out of all this.

I see there is some talk on the Northwestern board about Brust and and there doesn't seem to be that much interest in him from the Cats if he decides to open things back up. It was mentioned that they are still in on a couple of players that they consider to be better and he wouldn't be their top priority.

I see there is some talk on the Northwestern board about Brust and and there doesn't seem to be that much interest in him from the Cats if he decides to open things back up. It was mentioned that they are still in on a couple of players that they consider to be better and he wouldn't be their top priority.

Ha, Northwestern. They crack me up. You should ask them when the last time they made the dance was.

In the case of a transfer, which Brust wouldn't be, if a player transfers to another Big 10 school then they have to pay their own tuition. That would be a big deal as would be a lot of money. I don't know if that same rule applies for being released from a LOI, probably not, but maybe.

In the case of a transfer, which Brust wouldn't be, if a player transfers to another Big 10 school then they have to pay their own tuition. That would be a big deal as would be a lot of money. I don't know if that same rule applies for being released from a LOI, probably not, but maybe.

See Eric Gordon.

O good one man... It is especially funny since they will be seeing the tournament long before Iowa will in the near future.

Our program is in dire straits (on the court), but how can you say NW will make the Dance before we do?

What is the logic behind that statement? They have NEVER made it. Correct? So, logically, you are being illogical :)

Our program is in dire straits (on the court), but how can you say NW will make the Dance before we do?

What is the logic behind that statement? They have NEVER made it. Correct? So, logically, you are being illogical :)

Just the fact that they should have a very nice team next year + a possible NCAA tournament expansion. The past has little to do with current logical analysis.

Latest posts