Rumors about Brust

Just the fact that they should have a very nice team next year + a possible NCAA tournament expansion. The past has little to do with current logical analysis.

If the NCAA goes to 96 teams, I am still not counting it.

They may as well make it like HS athletics, and let everyone play for the chance to go to the big show.

O good one man... It is especially funny since they will be seeing the tournament long before Iowa will in the near future.

How is Northwestern's situation going to improve at all? They are in the same boat that everyone else in the 6-11 spots in the big Ten is. The top of the conference will only be stronger next year, and NW will be on the outside looking in again. I will bet that we see the tournament before Northwestern.

How is Northwestern's situation going to improve at all? They are in the same boat that everyone else in the 6-11 spots in the big Ten is. The top of the conference will only be stronger next year, and NW will be on the outside looking in again. I will bet that we see the tournament before Northwestern.

Because they return one of the better players in the conference from injury and they are bringing in a stud pg. Look at their line up and tell me they won't sniff the NCAA Tournament this season.

Because they return one of the better players in the conference from injury and they are bringing in a stud pg. Look at their line up and tell me they won't sniff the NCAA Tournament this season.

Keyword. They can sniff all they want, they are not going to crack the tourney without expansion.

How is it going to improve at all? The same way Illinois' will improve. By bringing back almost all of their key players and adding in a couple of really good ones. I don't think Minnesota will be better next year and I don't think Wisconsin will be better. Preseason I would have the top 5- Purdue, Ohio State, Michigan State, Illinois, Northwestern and I bet most will have them in that group also.

Coble is one of the better players in the league and definitely their best player. They return all but one player and add a 4-star recruit. Unless they have really bad luck, they'll make history next year.

I guess I'd rather just sink the freaking ship and start to build it back. Can it really get worse than 10-21 and playing the beach basket brand of basketball? No.

There is a loaded class in the state of Iowa for 2012. I'd rather have as many rides available for them as possible and NOT get tied up in Jucos

Agreed. A poorly built, termite-infested house is collapsing. I have no problem with a new carpenter coming in, tearing down what remains and starting over building what I think will be much bigger and better.

Players do not have to sit a year if the school releases them from the LOI. Here's an article from last yeat that shows some of what is now happening with LOIs.
Yeah, I know. My original post said he didn't have to sit out and then I got a brain cramp when responding to Spank. He has that effect on me sometimes.

I'll take it.

For what it's worth from Gopherhole site. Brust is shopping around for other offers. It sounds like mild interest from Northwestern and Butler is full. So. ILL and Bradley may be his best options at this time.

Latest posts