Rumore from the other site with link re: Forbes

For those who are curious, this is the 38th thread Bruce has started this week.

I kid thee not.

And this is the 1,057th post you've made that added absolutely nothing of value. Which is worse?

As for the link, it obviously isn't surprising that Forbes has drawn interest, but the fact that people at the tourney are talking about it means something.

And this is the 1,057th post you've made that added absolutely nothing of value. Which is worse?

As for the link, it obviously isn't surprising that Forbes has drawn interest, but the fact that people at the tourney are talking about it means something.

agreed!

There is zero doubt that Forbes wants the job.

I think the fact that Iowa has shown interest is important at this juncture (although certainly not shocking). I mean, it isn't surprising he wants the job. It would be a big step up from being an assistant (not to mention all the personal factors). And although Forbes has been mentioned around here, it gives us confirmation that that's where Iowa is looking. In other words, does this mean Barta is looking for a Forbes, Pastner, etc. type and not Jay Wright, Bruce Pearl, etc.? Or at least doesn't expect to get a big name?

Will Forbes be able to put together a good staff? Does he have any ties with Gary Close? Would love Close on the bench with all his years in the game.

I think that it would be wise to just touch base with the guy...get a feel for him, even if he isn't on your first cut...because the first cut can be whittled down pretty quick

I think the fact that Iowa has shown interest is important at this juncture (although certainly not shocking). I mean, it isn't surprising he wants the job. It would be a big step up from being an assistant (not to mention all the personal factors). And although Forbes has been mentioned around here, it gives us confirmation that that's where Iowa is looking. In other words, does this mean Barta is looking for a Forbes, Pastner, etc. type and not Jay Wright, Bruce Pearl, etc.? Or at least doesn't expect to get a big name?

We all know where assuming gets us... But I think it'd be a bad idea to limit your choices a week into the process. Look at everyone. Think up crazy combos. I'd love to see BJ with a 3 year deal that also brings in a young up-and-comer who isn't ready to handle a program yet. BJ takes the face of the program and the young man gets groomed for the job. BJ moves on and we get our next coach through a seamless transition. Just a thought but I hope Barta and company are thinking outside the box as well.

Is it bad that when I look at Forbes I don't see a guy I want to be synonymous with Iowa basketball. I know it is silly but I have a tough time rooting for a guy who doesn't look like he even takes care of himself physically.

I would be behind him if he were our coach and he may be a hell of a coach.

We all know where assuming gets us... But I think it'd be a bad idea to limit your choices a week into the process. Look at everyone. Think up crazy combos. I'd love to see BJ with a 3 year deal that also brings in a young up-and-comer who isn't ready to handle a program yet. BJ takes the face of the program and the young man gets groomed for the job. BJ moves on and we get our next coach through a seamless transition. Just a thought but I hope Barta and company are thinking outside the box as well.
I could see that situation being played out with a coach like Bob Knight but with a guy like BJ that has no HC experience it would be a bit risky. I love the idea of BJ being involved in the program in some fashion not just as HC.

Is it bad that when I look at Forbes I don't see a guy I want to be synonymous with Iowa basketball. I know it is silly but I have a tough time rooting for a guy who doesn't look like he even takes care of himself physically.

I would be behind him if he were our coach and he may be a hell of a coach.

Yeah, probly is based on your statement, that pretty much says 'I dont want him cuz he's fat, but if he's our fat coach, then I will support him.' I wouldnt describe that as a good thought.

I could see that situation being played out with a coach like Bob Knight but with a guy like BJ that has no HC experience it would be a bit risky. I love the idea of BJ being involved in the program in some fashion not just as HC.

Did somebody say Situation?

mike-the-situation-306x460.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, probly is based on your statement, that pretty much says 'I dont want him cuz he's fat, but if he's our fat coach, then I will support him.' I wouldnt describe that as a good thought.

I know, and I have large friends but I have the belief that some of them are not very self disciplined so how would they be a leader if they can't lead themselves. I think there is some truth to that. I see people everyday that let themselves go because they have no discipline.

I know, and I have large friends but I have the belief that some of them are not very self disciplined so how would they be a leader if they can't lead themselves. I think there is some truth to that. I see people everyday that let themselves go because they have no discipline.

And I bet a lot of them are smarter than you.

Thankfully, the coaches don't actually play the game.

Latest posts