Rumore from the other site with link re: Forbes

I don't think it's an issue if he's a little heavy. How big is he? If hes Majerus or Mangino big then I could see it being a real concern.

Whether you like it or not the image of any large or visible organization is in large part that of thier leader. Obeese people in today's society certainly carry a stigma.

With the article about Keno, my concern is not about his weight, it is: Is Forbes going to be the ONLY coach that will say yes to Iowa?

The guy is flat out a great recruiter and he has proven it for a long time. It cannot be coincidence that he has been a part of nationally ranked recruiting classes at every stop he has ever made. Some guys just work harder at it than others. So he absolutely is relating to younger kids. Read the link from the OP and it talks about a concern of his leaving Tenn and how that might impact their chances with a really good player they are in on. I think people are making too much of this.

I am sorry, I do keep seeing, "helped sign a nationally ranked recruiting class," but I have to take that with a grain of salt. If he was such a powerhouse recruiter, I would have thought he would have got his shot by now.

In basketball, I just think it is really questionable regarding recruiting classes, unless it is the head coach. Did Quinn Snyder help sign a top ten class? Did Tommy Amaker?

Basketball is a head coach lead recruiting system.

That being said, AAU guys are important to have on your staff. If Forbes is one of these AAU guys, then he would be a great head assistant at Iowa. But I highly question if he is the type of guy that can parlay that to head coaching recruiting success.

I feel like this thread is filled with a lot of insecure people who feel the need to defend Forbes because they have a gut that matches his...:)

I'm just saying, you can be book smart, but still make bad decisions. Letting yourself get obese isn't a good choice.

I could care less how he looks, but it would probably be better if he didn't weigh 300+.

Mainly for health reasons.

Last edited:
Billso

Whats wrong with looking good? Is there something you don't like about that?

I almost feel like you would rather have a coach that resembles big foot.

He's 5'10" weighs about 220 I'm guessing....He has always had a chubby face.

If that makes anybody feel better.

It's never affected his ability to connect with players and never will , if you talk with former players they will tell you that they always knew where they stood with him. He will always take a call from us and has always been there if we needed something even 15 years later.

I feel like this thread is filled with a lot of insecure people who feel the need to defend Forbes because they have a gut that matches his...:)

I'm just saying, you can be book smart, but still make bad decisions. Letting yourself get obese isn't a good choice.

I could care less how he looks, but it would probably be better if he didn't weigh 300+.

Mainly for health reasons.

On the other side, there appears to be a lot of superficial people who would rather discuss how the guy looks and maybe if he's a stylish dresser and if he drives a sweet car. You make the call. Smart fat guy or stupid model in a corvette for the next head coach.

Wait, people have a problem with Forbes' weight, but they all want Bruce Pearl, even though he looks like he swallowed the Syracuse Orange?

Bruce%20Pearl.jpg

Mascot.jpg

I really no nothing about him but this prospect is not exciting.

Iowa is a BCS school in arguably the 2nd best basketball conference. We have a ton of money and we are looking to hire a guy that has never been a head coach at even a mid major level...

He might very well be a great coach but I don't see that Iowa should be a school that offers someone their first coaching job. If we are saying he was good at the Juco level, hell get the guy from Kirkwood.

He looks like a normal 45 year old guy to me. Im 6-2 220 and consider myself a little chubby. 5-10 220 isn't a problem for me.

They aren't teaching fitness. They are teaching basketball. If a player doesn't stay in shape, they don't play. If you can't do, you teach. Hence, coaches.

That is one of the more ignorant statements I've heard. It's insulting to coaches and teachers everywhere. Some people happen to be passionate about teaching the game, including those who "can".

I know a few "fat" heart doctors. Well respected ones at that. So a chubby coach wouldn't be too outrageous.

I am in great shape, but frankly, a pretty, mediocre coach. Even by volunteer, middle school, girls assistant coach standards, I was pretty mediocre.

No matter how much I coached them, not one of them could take me one on one.

Wait, people have a problem with Forbes' weight, but they all want Bruce Pearl, even though he looks like he swallowed the Syracuse Orange?

Bruce%20Pearl.jpg

Mascot.jpg

Pearl is probably one of the more fit coaches in the country. Just look at this picture...nice firm breasts...I mean pecks...I mean...ummm...

1200589946.jpg

My guess is that cup contains Muscle Milk.

brucepearllyingdown.jpg

Billso

Whats wrong with looking good? Is there something you don't like about that?

I almost feel like you would rather have a coach that resembles big foot.

Lavin is a pretty boy and a good coach... jump on the bandwagon!!!

His name has almost died instantly and I don't want to have to change my avatar yet because I'm not sure who I would put as my # 1 that is realistic.

Seems that there will be no "homerun" hire. We are going to have to gamble. Whether its an assitant or a mid major coach.

Latest posts