Rumor - Vegas saying O'Keefe might be gone

No, but I find players to compete with the 5 other teams in our division. I like their approach to getting possessions more so than the read option itself anyways.

Do you have a weather machine that will make the weather conducive to running that offense in Lincoln, East Lansing, Evanston or Iowa City in November?

It appears to be true, but no absolute confirmation. It also appears some larger donors, with I eluded to, and got personally insulted over, were upset over the handling of Marcus Coker, and I guess it seems KoK agreed.

That's about all I can say with uncertainty.

wow....

I will also add that some of you will realize that Ken O' Keefe is a great coach and he will be missed....

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Dude seriously, i'm dying here
Woooooooo
Wow that was funny
Me and Drew Tate will probably be the first two in line to eat Crow I guess.

I, being extremely critical of both coordinators, for different reasons, one related to inability, and the other related to health preventing him from doing his job, also realize the transition will be difficult. I'm prepared for this, and also excited about the future.

I was never once critical of Norm, although, those that never read my posts assumed I was. I have been critical of KoK for a long, long time. And that includes our 11-2 year.

I'll put it this way: I think KOK could have been a very, very good OC for us. Think about all the times when he was allowed a lot of leash to be aggressive/creative: 2002 (AWESOME offense), 2004 (best coaching job by an OC that I've ever seen), MSU final drive 2009, 2010 (things didn't go downhill until Mac/Gettis/A-Rob went down), and the Pitt game this year in the 4th quarter.

He's at his best when he can get more creative. He's nothing spectacular when he's reined in.

You guys do realize Iowa will still run the same offense, right?

As I just alluded to right after your post, I'm hopeful that the next guy we bring in is more suited to running a pro-style offense. You can win with our style. But KOK was never at his best when being constrained to the pro set. Maybe the next guy we bring in will be.

It's almost comical. It's also sad.

I put this directly at the administrations feet, although, after previous events, they were really backed into a corner.

more stuff to hit the fan?

you are correct about being painted into a corner - no way they want another sexual assault 'fiasco'/'circus' on their hands.

Yeah, I don't see how KOK was a good coach. Iowa's offenses were average to bad most years at Iowa.

I think we should all do this:

DJKoulianos DJK
If this rumor is true, I'm purchasing a Ken O'Keefe dolphins jersey ASAP!

I'll put it this way: I think KOK could have been a very, very good OC for us. Think about all the times when he was allowed a lot of leash to be aggressive/creative: 2002 (AWESOME offense), 2004 (best coaching job by an OC that I've ever seen), MSU final drive 2009, 2010 (things didn't go downhill until Mac/Gettis/A-Rob went down), and the Pitt game this year in the 4th quarter.

He's at his best when he can get more creative. He's nothing spectacular when he's reined in.

good stuff here and agree 100%.

It's almost comical. It's also sad.

I put this directly at the administrations feet, although, after previous events, they were really backed into a corner.

Sally Mason is killing the football program from every angle. From the tailgate Nazi's to the over-reaction to the Coker incident. She's just plain bad for football. And Barta doesn't have the balls to stand up to her.

Latest posts