Rudock Update

McNutt probably never even MET CJB, who was a freshman--and redshirted--McNutt's last season. And McNutt kind of bombed at the next level.

/QUOTE]
What does this have to do with anything? I haven't met CJ either, but I've seen him play. Does that matter? :)

Last edited:
Wouldn't the other side of the coin be....players who sat on the bench while less talented players received playing time would be more sensitive to the issue and could see the same thing happening to CJ? in favor of a less talented Bethard? You think the only position this could happen at is QB?

I think many players are not unbiased as it relates to their assessment of their own abilities relative to that of their competition for playing time. Particularly those that end up leaving the program.

McNutt probably never even MET CJB, who was a freshman--and redshirted--McNutt's last season. And McNutt kind of bombed at the next level.

/QUOTE]

Does any of the above matter? McNutt is saying what 90% of us all are saying bob? It's pretty damn obvious what QB makes this offense "GO". I've never met CJ either but when CJ trots on the field everything seems to change (Players Demeanor, the flow of offense etc.. is that concidence? I think not..

Oooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaam weaver....

Oooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaam weaver....

Climbed aboard the dream weaver train.. We have room! :)

Lyrics:
I've just closed my eyes again
Climbed aboard the dream weaver train
Driver take away my worries of today
And leave tomorrow behind

[Chorus: x2]
Ooh dream weaver
I believe you can get me through the night
Ooh dream weaver
I believe we can reach the morning light
Fly me high through the starry skies
Maybe to an astral plane
Cross the highways of fantasy
Help me to forget today's pain

Though the dawn may be coming soon
There still may be some time
Fly me away to the bright side of the moon
And meet me on the other side

[video=youtube;n-DmAh0dObI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-DmAh0dObI[/video]

Last edited:

/QUOTE]
What does this have to do with anything? I haven't met CJ either, but I've seen him play. Does that matter? :)

Sorry, I was saying in the context that the others actually played/were on the team last year when Jake played. When McNutt was still here, it's not likely he ran many reps with either of the current QBs. And I didn't really have a problem with his tweet, but the others looked like sour-grape types.

/QUOTE]

hawkeyebob62 is a troll, no Hawkeye fan is going to badmouth McNutt for saying that CJ is the man. McNutt was a great Hawk. He said that McNutt bombed at the next level? lol At least he didn't bomb at life like hawkeyebob62.

I really try not to respond to these people. Saturday I pretty much didn't respond to that willie guy who spewing out bologna, but when you're badmouthing former Hawkeyes who were great players and citizens...take that garbage somewhere else.

hawkeyebob62 is a troll, no Hawkeye fan is going to badmouth McNutt for saying that CJ is the man. McNutt was a great Hawk. He said that McNutt bombed at the next level? lol At least he didn't bomb at life like hawkeyebob62.

I really try not to respond to these people. Saturday I pretty much didn't respond to that willie guy who spewing out bologna, but when you're badmouthing former Hawkeyes who were great players and citizens...take that garbage somewhere else.

He's also a blatant racist. I'm sure he wished he could back to '62 where he could more openly talk about his hatred of black people.

If you had read my follow-up post, you would have seen it explained. Trolls are folks that don't--or can't--read.

Of that twitter group, who (aside from McNutt) were starters? Better question, which weren't arrested?

It's quite possible that former player James Ferentz has a longer rap sheet than one LaRon Taylor.

Feel free to do a little poking around on the internet but make sure you google the correct LaRon Taylor.

Last edited:
It's quite possible that former player James Ferentz has a longer rap sheet than one LaRon Taylor.

Feel free to do a little poking around on the internet but make sure you google the correct LaRon Taylor.

LOL look guy, Bob sees the name LaRon and already has made up his mind on how he feels about the guy. They're all the same to him.

Even if Rudock is 90% and can definitely play. Kirk does have a window to start CJ this week without the perception of "giving in to fans". He can come out there and say that "Rudock could play if he had to, but we have 2 good qb's here and we thought we'd allow Jake to heal up." Like Jon said in today's podcast, CJ needs to show he can start a game on the road and play smart for 60 minutes.
If CJB is the starting QB and Iowa jumps out to a big lead, who's coming in to replace the stating QB? Should it be the 3rd string QB? And who's that? Would Jake be inactive for the game?

My question isn't about arrests as much as why people would give credence to players who left under less-than-ideal circumstances.

Seriously, we're now taking Nico Law tweets as credible evidence that the staff isn't playing the right guys?

As for James Ferentz, he wasn't tweeting in that group put up by that poster. Had he been tweeting in the same vein, I would have jumped his case, as well.

It's one thing to support former teammates. It's another to jump up and scream "favoritism" when you leave after being arrested/suspended/etc.

Latest posts