Rudock Update

I'm hoping the players refuse to take the field if Rudock is the starter. Not fair to them that they are playing to win and our coaches aren't.

This is crazy talk.

Not possible. And if, by some bizzaro event, it happened, it would not be a good thing in any manner for the Iowa football program.

A line backer who left either after legal issues or buried on the depth chart. Or both.

I am not sure if you can take the word of two players that couldn't crack the depth chart when it comes to questioning the coaches choice of players.

Also, I am pretty sure McNutt would have swapped in Jake's name had Jake been in and brought us from behind for the third time this season.

That's fair. Those player's opinions don't necessarily mean that's what everyone else thinks, but I found them interesting because they can give their honest opinions since they're no longer on the team. As for McNutt, I've been following him on Twitter all season and he has been critical of Rudock since the UNI game.

This is crazy talk.

Not possible. And if, by some bizzaro event, it happened, it would not be a good thing in any manner for the Iowa football program.

Having a coaching staff refuse to play the best players is not a good thing in any manner for the Iowa football program.

Having a coaching staff refuse to play the best players is not a good thing in any manner for the Iowa football program.

This is true, but carries less dire consequences than a nationally-televised mutiny. It cannot be logically argued otherwise.

Having players take a stand against the coaches is the worst possible thing that could happen to any team. In most cases, players are going to have varying opinions and the chance of a divided locker room could occur. Some players may not have a strong opinion of who starts at QB but would have a huge problem with someone rocking the boat and creating distractions for everyone else.

I'm hoping the players refuse to take the field if Rudock is the starter. Not fair to them that they are playing to win and our coaches aren't.

Were you the type of kid that would take his ball and go home crying to mommy if the other kids at the park called you out during kickball?

Were you the type of kid that would take his ball and go home crying to mommy if the other kids at the park called you out during kickball?

Didn't get out too much to be honest, I was usually the one everyone wanted to play with. That's probably why I can relate to CJ here.

Having players take a stand against the coaches is the worst possible thing that could happen to any team. In most cases, players are going to have varying opinions and the chance of a divided locker room could occur. Some players may not have a strong opinion of who starts at QB but would have a huge problem with someone rocking the boat and creating distractions for everyone else.

I haven't seen any current players choosing sides and I wouldn't expect to. We have seen former players doing so and this could be considered sour grapes. Although, a couple of players that commented have graduated and were starters, so I don't think those could be considered sour grapes kind of comments.

I haven't seen any current players choosing sides and I wouldn't expect to. We have seen former players doing so and this could be considered sour grapes. Although, a couple of players that commented have graduated and were starters, so I don't think those could be considered sour grapes kind of comments.

I agree. My post was directed to the poster saying players should refuse to play if Beathard doesn't start.

Just watched a highlight reel of the game and at least 3 Hawk offensive players said CJ did a great job when he got in there.
No mention of Rudock. Gut feel: the players REALLY want CJ to take over.

Reeeeeaaaaaaaacccccchhhhhhhhh.

My gut feeling is that CJ gets the start on Saturday but he is on a short leash.

The biggest growth that I saw from him on Saturday is that he was willing to check down and didn't go.for the deep throw every time. That will get him more time this season. He was more willing to make the plays to move the chains, not just the plays that could score the points.

No reason for short leash. Staff needs to be in mindset that Jake is not available, rest him, and use him ONLY if CJ gets hurt. Takes pressure off CJ, lets Jake rest, etc.

Not going to hear any current players on the roster come out and say they like Beathard better, but I've seen on Twitter players that have recently transferred or graduated give their opinion...

Don Shumpert @dshump8 · Sep 20

Bethard make plays

LaRon Taylor @8LTaylor · Sep 20

Need to use they recievers more to talented and guess what... Nobody even knows because power I run run run lol

When Cj get in great things happen

Lol iowa offense so basic. I would love to be a DC against them

Cj should been have startin he clearly better

Nico Law @DaNicoLaw · Sep 20

When you have the right players in you get better results.I bet if the fans made a depth chart it would be better than the coaches.#Politics

Nico Law @DaNicoLaw · Sep 20

That's why you got to love CJ folks... Sunshine gets the job done

Marvin McNutt @McNutt7wr · Sep 20

Bethard is the man

Shumpert rarely actually caught AND held onto a pass, let alone one from CJB. Laron Taylor...WTF? Who he? The less said about Nico "Breakin' The" Law, the better.

McNutt probably never even MET CJB, who was a freshman--and redshirted--McNutt's last season. And McNutt kind of bombed at the next level.

Good former Hawks, though, to slam on the team (in a couple of cases) like that. Stellar folks, all.

Wouldn't the other side of the coin be....players who sat on the bench while less talented players received playing time would be more sensitive to the issue and could see the same thing happening to CJ? in favor of a less talented Bethard? You think the only position this could happen at is QB?

Agreed on all counts.

Players with animosity are going to be players with animosity (or, as the kids say, haters gonna hate).

Nutt.

Of that twitter group, who (aside from McNutt) were starters? Better question, which weren't arrested?

Shumpert rarely actually caught AND held onto a pass, let alone one from CJB. Laron Taylor...WTF? Who he? The less said about Nico "Breakin' The" Law, the better.

McNutt probably never even MET CJB, who was a freshman--and redshirted--McNutt's last season. And McNutt kind of bombed at the next level.

Good former Hawks, though, to slam on the team (in a couple of cases) like that. Stellar folks, all.

Bob hating on black guys...color me shocked.

Latest posts