Rudock and Michigan

Terrible decision on his part to go to Michigan. They have a terrible offense and an overrated coach. I saw him play a lot with Michigan and the Chicago Bears. I never thought too much of him

Second point, can't the University of Iowa put conditions on his transfer to keep him from going to other Big 10 teams? I believe they should contest this transfer.

Ya know, there was this guy named Lasorda who was a fairly decent manager in baseball. He's got a couple of World Series rings. But as a player.... well let's just say that pitchers than are 0-4 for their career are barely blips on the baseball radar.

Michigan's offense stinks, 20 points per game to Iowa's 29. He does not have the stupid crowd noise rule any more. So he won't be able to cry about that to get all the time in the world to look at the offense. What will Jim Hairball do now when the crowd noise at Kinnick is too much for him? Maybe he will just have is QBs overthrow 6'7" receivers again like he did. Fact is Jim Hairball can not handle things at Kinnick.

I should also add that Iowa dominates Michigan at home too winning all of the last 3 games there.

Yawn.

I'm still trying to think of another instance where a starting QB transfers and the next year starts QB for another team in the same major conference. May be moot if Rudock doesn't start, but it still seems so strange that it is even a possibility.

I'm still trying to think of another instance where a starting QB transfers and the next year starts QB for another team in the same major conference. May be moot if Rudock doesn't start, but it still seems so strange that it is even a possibility.

i can't remember a similar situation. Unlike others, I think it's a perfect representation of where this program is at. No competative fire, just middling along.

Jake's high school coach was quoted in a newspaper article: "I watched Jake play for Iowa on TV and he didn't get much help from them."

Yeah, it's only us internet rubes who criticize KFz. Wake the hell up people... there's plenty of criticism coming from guys like the above.

Kfz is tired, his program is stale.

Yeah, it's only us internet rubes who criticize KFz. Wake the hell up people... there's plenty of criticism coming from guys like the above.

I interpreted Jake's coach as criticizing the team's performance in general, not Ferentz directly.

Yes, I understand Ferentz coaches the team :cool:

I don't spending much time on Michigan's message boards. Doesn't anyone with any insight have a pulse of what their fans think?

Whoever Michigan plays against in the West I hope he plays well enough to wi . Other than thatI could care less how he does.

CJB said he is a Hawk and had no intention of leaving. JR's first taste of being a backup? He's not a Hawk. Says something to me about leadership.

Transferring to any school in D1 and playing the next year is only due to this new Graduate Rule. If CJB transferred to Tennessee he would have to sit a year and lose that year of eligibility.

Jeff George is the biggest name QB to do something remotely like this transferring from Purdue IIRC to Illinois but he had to sit out and he had to pay his own way at least back then.

Whoever Michigan plays against in the West I hope he plays well enough to wi . Other than thatI could care less how he does.

CJB said he is a Hawk and had no intention of leaving. JR's first taste of being a backup? He's not a Hawk. Says something to me about leadership.

Beathard is only the starter because of his "play me or I'm gone" ultimatum. You can argue that Rudock has no competitive fire if you want (although I'd disagree), but Beathard isn't any different than Rudock in that regard.

Last edited:
Beathard is only the starter because of his "play me or I'm gone" ultimatum. You can argue that Rudock has no competitive fire if you want (although I'd disagree), but Beathard isn't any different than Rudock in that regard.

This theory quit making sense the second Rudock left. You don't name your backup the starter to keep him from leaving if that decision will cause the guy you want to be the starter to leave. If you think they are equal, you might give in to the threat in order to keep them both, but there is no point in giving in if you're going to lose one either way. Kirk was either forced to make the change by higher ups, or he finally saw the light.

Latest posts