Rudock and Michigan

He should do fine at Michigan....talent level there is much higher than at Iowa. His strength...being a game manager...will work better in Ann Arbor. He will have better receivers and a running game to fall back on.

He'll have an OC who is light years better than what he has had at Iowa. 'Nuff said.

Terrible decision on his part to go to Michigan. They have a terrible offense and an overrated coach. I saw him play a lot with Michigan and the Chicago Bears. I never thought too much of him

Second point, can't the University of Iowa put conditions on his transfer to keep him from going to other Big 10 teams? I believe they should contest this transfer.

Harbaugh was a decent but not great player. He is a GREAT coach who will get the best out of JR, if he starts. JR can hand the rock off a lot and pass 23 times a game and it will be all good in Michigan.

Said it once, said it a million times, JR is the perfect transition guy. Harbaugh will get a pass this year 6 or 7 wins and minor bowl will be okay. Until Harbaugh gets the cultured changed and gets his guys into place JR is ideal guy to have under center.

Michigan's offense stinks, 20 points per game to Iowa's 29. He does not have the stupid crowd noise rule any more. So he won't be able to cry about that to get all the time in the world to look at the offense. What will Jim Hairball do now when the crowd noise at Kinnick is too much for him? Maybe he will just have is QBs overthrow 6'7" receivers again like he did. Fact is Jim Hairball can not handle things at Kinnick.

I should also add that Iowa dominates Michigan at home too winning all of the last 3 games there.

Last edited:
Terrible decision on his part to go to Michigan. They have a terrible offense and an overrated coach. I saw him play a lot with Michigan and the Chicago Bears. I never thought too much of him

Second point, can't the University of Iowa put conditions on his transfer to keep him from going to other Big 10 teams? I believe they should contest this transfer.

As opposed to Iowa which has a really terrible offense and a very overrated coach.

Iowa's head coach is 3 time big 10 coach of the year. Iowa's offense is also much better than Michigan's.

It is too bad the Head Coach at Iowa has no control or say on his own OC hires, nor the offense run, nor the plays called.
Yep. It looks like the passive - aggressive, dominant, Kurt Ferentz doesn't seem to care much <edit:about anything> anymore. I'll have to give him a new nickname that coincides with his new devil may care attitude<edit: about Iowa football>.

We'll see which sub coaches shine and which maybe should be shelved because they'll probably be on their own as well.

Last edited:
He'll have an OC who is light years better than what he has had at Iowa. 'Nuff said.

Jim Harbaugh was a great OC with Andrew Luck. Who wouldn't be?

He's not that good otherwise. Look at the 49ers offense. Look at David Shaw's offense at Stanford without Luck. Protects the defense. Not very explosive.

He may be a great HC because he's a great talent scout, recruiter and motivator. He's overrated as an OC without a great QB. Check the NFL stats. Check Shaw's stats at Stanford after Luck.

Jim Harbaugh was a great OC with Andrew Luck. Who wouldn't be?

He's not that good otherwise. Look at the 49ers offense. Look at David Shaw's offense at Stanford without Luck. Protects the defense. Not very explosive.

He may be a great HC because he's a great talent scout, recruiter and motivator. He's overrated as an OC without a great QB. Check the NFL stats. Check Shaw's stats at Stanford after Luck.

The 49'ers made the playoffs every year with Alex Smith....All he needs is a game manager at QB. He doesn't need a heisman winner.

Jake's high school coach was quoted in a newspaper article: "I watched Jake play for Iowa on TV and he didn't get much help from them."

Never thought I'd see a starting Iowa QB march into Ann Arbor and start. Never ever.

I'm not so sure about CJ's first season after redshirt, but CJ's willingness to sit on the bench with enough knowledge of the playbook to play and waiting practically for non-existent opportunities makes you want to go elsewhere if YOU have to endure the same? You're needed at Iowa. If you don't want to stay, Jake, good riddance.

Last edited:
He's right.

Yeah, it was the team's fault he couldn't take advantage of perfect down field situations, and that he had a penchant for throwing untimely interceptions that were major contributing factors to a couple of losses for us (NIU and Nebby off the top of my head). CJB is a major upgrade.

I don't wish the guy any ill will, but I don't wish him any luck either (football wise).

Rudock leaving Iowa to transfer to Michigan isn't a slight on Iowa in my opinion. He was given the opportunity to lead the Iowa offense and he only exceeded a little over half the time going by the win and loss record the last two years. He was trusted to call and change plays, which he did with varying success. In all honesty I feel there were some plays that he did not have the ability to do, longer pass plays being the most obvious. It wasn't that he didn't make any, but that he had some where he couldn't deliver the ball.

It is his last year and knowing that it is probably the last time he will play football I don't feel anyone should be critical of him making what he feels is his best option to play. Coach Ferentz is catching a lot of grief over the Iowa team performance, which is directly tied to the performance of the quarterback of the offense. He was a gentleman about the transfer, making it easy for Jake and Iowa to part ways. Jake got a first class education during his time at Iowa and he got the opportunity he wanted to play football. Yes, that is life and that's football.

Ruddock has led rather a charmed life. It might have done the lad some good to learn how **** tastes before setting his sight on a bottomless cup of Chateaubriand and bouillabaisse through a backdoor escape hatch.

I recall in my youth we called such things "character-building experiences". Some graceful humility might be useful for a wannabe physician, since they tend to apotheosize in their own minds.

Dr. Prof

Latest posts