RPI up to 71

This contradicts your "deep Big 10 Tournament run" post. Check back when you have made up you mind. Never mind...I'm sure it will be a 3rd scenario.

I said if Iowa wants in the NCAA's it will require a "deep big ten tournament run", as in semi finals or better.

I followed it up by saying that I don't think that they're capable of more than one win vs NW.

how is that contradictory? the first post was stating my opinion of what needs to happen to get "in" in the eyes of the selection committee. the second post was my opinion of what I think Iowa is capable of.

It'll be interesting to see how many Hawk fans will be at the game(s) in Chicago. Can we turn these into home games? =)

The neutral fans will likely be against us on Thursday since they all would rather play NW. If Ohio State is the 2 and Michigan State is the 3 and Ohio State wins Friday (play before us) they will become huge Hawk fans as will most of the neutral fans. Fans tend to cheer for the underdog and want the higher seeds out of the way.

Iowa has played rather poorly away from Carver. I don't think they're capable of winning more than one game in the big ten tourney. especially against one of the top 4 in conference on a neutral court.

You are obviously forgetting that we played MSU closer than IN in IC without our leading scorer, RDM. A three point loss + neutral court vs the return of RDM: that could be a wash or even in our favor. Plus, if our bigs keep playing the way they are, they probably won't outplay Sparty inside but they could keep MSU from dominating there, something the green depend on. AdW and GO will combine for more than 2pts and 3rbs in a rematch. It would be a tough battle but it's probably our best shot at one of the top 4 in conference.

We're in already. Once they sort through what happened on Saturday. Look at where we stand in the BIG.. the toughest conference.

What Iowa team are you referring to that has "played rather poorly away from Carver"? The chess team? Men's basketball lost in the last 11 seconds @ Minn, lost by 4 @ Nebraska, lost in OT @ Purdue, lost in double OT @ Wisconsin...won @ NW and @ PSU (ask Michigan how they enjoyed their visit to PSU), so yes, I am concerned about the chess team on the road, but men's basketball, not so much.

What Iowa team are you referring to that has "played rather poorly away from Carver"? The chess team? Men's basketball lost in the last 11 seconds @ Minn, lost by 4 @ Nebraska, lost in OT @ Purdue, lost in double OT @ Wisconsin...won @ NW and @ PSU (ask Michigan how they enjoyed their visit to PSU), so yes, I am concerned about the chess team on the road, but men's basketball, not so much.

A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss...... If a team goes 0 - 30 with 1 point losses is it a good team or a poor team?

What a stupid hypothetical.

Stupid comments use bad language and insulting.

No it's not. We lose every game against highly ranked teams. So therefore we really aren't there. Sorry for reason.

Stupid comments use bad language and insulting.

No it's not. We lose every game against highly ranked teams. So therefore we really aren't there. Sorry for reason.

There are 69 teams in the tournament, not just the top 10

Who's a better team; a team that loses to great teams by a small score or a team who beats average teams by a small score? That's a more interesting and relevant question.

In college sports there is a huge schedule disparity among all teams, there is also a huge talent gap between the best and worst teams thus margin of victory matters as far as talent evaluation goes.

I haven't really understood the "we play poorly on the road" arguement either. We haven't won a lot but we have played good against some good teams. Just haven't gotten the wins.

I said if Iowa wants in the NCAA's it will require a "deep big ten tournament run", as in semi finals or better.

I followed it up by saying that I don't think that they're capable of more than one win vs NW.

how is that contradictory? the first post was stating my opinion of what needs to happen to get "in" in the eyes of the selection committee. the second post was my opinion of what I think Iowa is capable of.

You are an idiot. 2 wins like everyone thinks they need puts them into the semis.

We're in already. Once they sort through what happened on Saturday. Look at where we stand in the BIG.. the toughest conference.

Oh, well in that case...

I'm not sure if this is the most homerrific assessment of the situation or just the laziest.

UK was left out of Mock Draft with ISU and Boise St on CBS

Jerry Palm always leaves ISU out though. Last year he had them borderline out until the last week of the season and they ended up being an 8-9 seed. He's far behind Lunardi in predictions because Lunardi doesn't just follow mathematical formulas to figure out whose in or not like admittedly Palm does.

A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss...... If a team goes 0 - 30 with 1 point losses is it a good team or a poor team?

I'm sure this is something your sixth grade coach told you, but it is stupid logic.

Iowa is a couple of unlucky bounces from a number of road wins. If you want to base an argument on those bounces, have at it. But it's stupid.