RPI up to 71

Hawks now in second slot of "next four out" by Lunardi as well. Moved up a couple spots since this afternoon.

you know how you know that Iowa doesn't deserve a tourney bid at this point? when you're hoping for south dakota and western kentucky to win at the end of the season to marginally boost your RPI.

h8 you're setting yourself up for disappointment. unless Iowa gets in the RPI top 50 (which would require a deep big 10 tournament run) it isn't happening. they just don't have the resume.

you know how you know that Iowa doesn't deserve a tourney bid at this point? when you're hoping for south dakota and western kentucky to win at the end of the season to marginally boost your RPI.

h8 you're setting yourself up for disappointment. unless Iowa gets in the RPI top 50 (which would require a deep big 10 tournament run) it isn't happening. they just don't have the resume.

Shows how much you know...

Bracket update: Baylor stays alive - Men's College Basketball Nation Blog - ESPN

Look at how soft the bubble is before you post things like this. Two more wins, an RPI anywhere in the 50's and Iowa is in. I dont think anyone is setting themselves up for disappointment...just speculating.

Both South Dakota and Western Kentucky losing right now, not that it really matters either way.

I was thinking earlier this week that two wins this weekend would do it, but now it seems like it's got to be three.

Actually that's how you know the RPI is bunk.

Both South Dakota and Western Kentucky losing right now, not that it really matters either way.

I was thinking earlier this week that two wins this weekend would do it, but now it seems like it's got to be three.

Why do you think 3? Based on some of the bubble teams losing and how it sets up I think 2 gets us in for sure

Shows how much you know...

so you're saying I'm wrong? you really think that beating NW (if that happens) and then losing to whoever after that is going to get Iowa in? you're kidding yourself

Iowa does not have an impressive resume. they beat no ranked teams, have a couple bad losses, and do not have an impressive win/loss vs the higher RPI teams. Right now Iowa is sitting on the 2nd tear of teams outside looking in. they have to win 2, at a minimum, to even get a look.

so you're saying I'm wrong? you really think that beating NW (if that happens) and then losing to whoever after that is going to get Iowa in? you're kidding yourself

Who here has said they just need 1 win? You said "a deep BTT run" which sounded like you thought they needed 3 wins for sure. I think 2 gets them in and I havent seen anyone on this board saying that 1 win will do it

Iowa would get into the 50s of the rpi by beating MSU on a neutral court alone. They are 5 in the RPI

Iowa would get into the 50s of the rpi by beating MSU on a neutral court alone. They are 5 in the RPI

Iowa has played rather poorly away from Carver. I don't think they're capable of winning more than one game in the big ten tourney. especially against one of the top 4 in conference on a neutral court.

Iowa has played rather poorly away from Carver. I don't think they're capable of winning more than one game in the big ten tourney. especially against one of the top 4 in conference on a neutral court.

you may be right but what it boils down to is 2 wins and they are most likely in

I just have a feeling that the selection committee is going to look at Iowa on paper much more than the team that they currently are.

All this being said, beating MSU will be a very tall order. Hell, it's Iowa. Losing to Northwestern wouldn't shock me. However it unfolds, even being able to discuss this stuff is awesome. They haven't been remotely close in seven years. God I hate Lickliter.

This contradicts your "deep Big 10 Tournament run" post. Check back when you have made up you mind. Never mind...I'm sure it will be a 3rd scenario.

For the record I think the odds of beating NW is about 60% and beating MSU is about 15-25%. I guess my only point is imo Iowa controls its own destiny without having to win the BTT or make the champ game

My gut feeling is that they have a strong showing. Not sure how many games they'll win, but I think they are playing with confidence right now.

I think NW is about 95%...probably higher. We already beat them twice and they just don't have any players left. As I've said in other posts I think teams that play Thursday have an advantage on Friday. I think this is enough to make a game with Michigan State a 50-50 tossup. I might even go 60-40 for Iowa because we need it and we know it.

Latest posts