Ross P to Alabama - For Real

Best team and best coach in college football offer you a full ride tough to turn down.

Is he considered the "best coach" because he is superior to other coaches based purely on his skills or is the level of talent he has to work with a factor?

If you look at his coaching resume while at Michigan State it was very pedestrian - almost KF'ish.

He was also below .500 while at Miami, although he was there only 2 years.

if you have to ask, you'll never know.

and this was pretty obvious from the outset - if he wasn't going to change his mind, he wouldn't have had another announcement.

How would I know what HerkeyHawk was thinking without asking him? I already know what was revealed to me.

I think it is obvious Ross didn't have the character to be successful at Iowa. Kirk and company thrive on finding hard working players who want to earn there way to glory. Obviously Ross wanted to take the easy way out, so good for him. He'll be sitting on the bench at Alabama for years, if he doesn't get a mysterious "injury" that forces him to transfer. There is no doubt Kirk would have molded this kid into a top draft pick if he had the head and heart for it. So in the long run, I think we're better for it. I trust both coach Ferentzs to replace him with a guy who will match, if not exceed his results at Alabama. Finding good linemen has never been a problem for this program, and this Ross P is not a make or break guy. The program is bigger than that.

I'll bet he's 100% committed to Alabama though. A commitment from Ross is as good a carving in stone.

Sad days we live in when a persons word isn't worth the breath it takes to speak it! I understand it's one of the best programs in the nation. But a commitment, verbal or otherwise, is still a commitment. Don't give it if your not 100% certain.

How would I know what HerkeyHawk was thinking without asking him? I already know what was revealed to me.

i was responding generically - you were not the only one in the thread asking said question to 'what's this say about his character' guy. i assume you think that being a man of his word is ultimately not his first criteria he runs his life by.

i was responding generically - you were not the only one in the thread asking said question to 'what's this say about his character' guy. i assume you think that being a man of his word is ultimately not his first criteria he runs his life by.

Gotcha. I didn't pick up that it was intended to be a generic response. Thanks for the clarification.

Hey look, more bad news regarding the football program. The team really needs to surprise this year. Program effectively has zeromomentum.

Guess we were just holding hands. HAhahahahahahahaha. Best of luck to him at Bama. I'm sure it was a tough decision.

Im committed to not saying anything bad about this kid.

Agreed. No reason to bash a kid who shirked from a commitment to what is no worse than the second best BCS program in a sparsely populated state. Like I've said before, get out the Rolodex and start calling NIU's recruits. Get a kid from NIU, redshirt him, give him a steady diet of Doyle and Brian for a year or two and you'll have a better ball player than Ross. Guaranteed. I've seen the tape on him. "Soft" is really the only adjective that comes to mind. DID NOT WANT.

I don't know that I'd call the kid the second coming of Blake Larsen. The more I think about it, the more I think he is the second coming of Dan Doering.

For Christ's sake. Enough about his character. There's a reason they bother with the whole process of signing on the dotted line in the first place. If you break off an engagement, are you not a man of your word and therefore deserve to be raked over the coals for it? That's all a verbal commitment is, at least in this context.

For Christ's sake. Enough about his character. There's a reason they bother with the whole process of signing on the dotted line in the first place. If you break off an engagement, are you not a man of your word and therefore deserve to be raked over the coals for it? That's all a verbal commitment is, at least in this context.

Don't use the Lord's name in vain on here, kid. You don't come in here talking about character and then do that.

Heck, I don't even care anymore. We're a basketball school now anyway.

If only people were refering solely to the "commitment" aspect...

I don't know that I'd call the kid the second coming of Blake Larsen. The more I think about it, the more I think he is the second coming of Dan Doering.
Big difference between these guys and this RP kid. Larsen and Doering committed to Iowa and HONORED their commitments. They actually suited up for the black and gold, so that makes them Hawkeyes. Had it not been for nagging injuries, the sky would've been the limit for both of those fine Hawkeyes.

The main thing that stings about this is that he "committed" so early that I'm sure the staff passed on several solid young men who might've wanted to play for Iowa, but have now committed elsewhere.

Wish him well. Hard to turn down an offer from the current National Champs. While I hate to see the rich get richer, Ross made the decision that is best for him and in the end, that is what matters most.

I'm not going to get into it because I'm tired, and frankly I'm over RP starting tonight...

BUT, on top of the commitment aspect, it was a multitude of things. From the beginning he said he was about an education. He had Amendola show him around for pete's sake. He jerked the staff around, screened his calls etc. He sent a horrible message to incoming recruits by ditching the big recruiting weekend to visit Stanford, among other things. He simply showed himself to be a shady character and cast his lot with biggest "me first" ****** bag on the face of the earth. These are just random things off the top of my head. If I had time or energy I'd go digging. As I said earlier, I'm glad he went to Bama.

Latest posts