Ross P to Alabama - For Real

Amen. Ross Pierschbacher for all of his talent - and he's got a lot of it - was never a program changer for us. We'll just replace him with a future NFL draft pick.

This isn't a five-star QB, RB or WR we're talking about.

No it isn't. Iowa doesn't get those. Or four star WR, RB or QB either. This is a defining year for Iowa. They need to turn it around this year or it may not happen for this program.

Tweet from Scott Dochterman

Scott Dochterman ‏@ScottDochterman 12m
Twice last week RP called Iowa to say he was committing to Bama. Both times Ferentz spent an hour flipping him back. Didn't work this time.

No it isn't. Iowa doesn't get those. Or four star WR, RB or QB either. This is a defining year for Iowa. They need to turn it around this year or it may not happen for this program.
This stinks but I don't know that this is a program killer

He's reconsidering his decommitment per me in the recruiting thread, per some guy on twitter, per his cousin who knows Ross. Obviously true.

Sure, we want him, but... If there is a position that takes time to grow into, it's the OL. We are always going to be fine there as long as we continue to recruit the way we have the past few years. Alabama is a tough thing to turn down. IMO, the only problem with Alabama is that it's in Alabama. Best wishes Ross on a great career...there is a ton of tradition in the SEC...and you are going to test your metal against other 4-5 star guys. Hope it goes well.

I do have one wish though...please flip back in February and stick one in Nick's arse for me. I'd like that.

Alabama is a Dynasty right now. Ross has the opportunity to play for a hall of fame coach and one of the all time great programs ever. If this were 5 years ago Ross would be fully committed to Iowa. It hurts, it looks bad that a kid who grew up a huge Iowa fan gets pulled out of state by someone else, but what can you do or how can you blame him?

99% of the time I would not approve of someone decomitting, but in this instance I wish Ross well and completely understand

Twice last week RP called Iowa to say he was committing to Bama. Both times Ferentz spent an hour flipping him back. Didn't work this time.

Kirk's time is worth $1500/hour. I don't know where I am going with that though, just like this whole saga - Much Ado About Nothing.

Glad it's done. RP revealed a lot about his character throughout this whole process, and in the end he went where he fit in best...in more ways than one. I'm glad he chose Saban, because I couldn't have cheered for him if even if he was a Hawk.

I'm surprised. He's gotta do what is right for him, though. T'would be sweet if BF were to go down to Alabama and steal one of theirs.

Glad it's done. RP revealed a lot about his character throughout this whole process, and in the end he went where he fit in best...in more ways than one. I'm glad he chose Saban, because I couldn't have cheered for him if even if he was a Hawk.

How's that?

Time to move on...... Who knows he may become homesick and transfer back to iowa in a couple years.......he may win a bunch of championships at Alabama and become the #1 pick in the draft. Don't know, don't care anymore.

No chance he ends up at Iowa after Bama. UNI is more likely.

Well. This sucks. But gotta move on. Need another good ol. Time to send b frentz on the hunt.
Really? Send Brian Ferentz to land us another? According to some one here Brian is already the best OLine Coach in America. Why would anyone not want to play for him?

I'll bet he's 100% committed to Alabama though. A commitment from Ross is as good a carving in stone.

What character traits were revealed to you?

Latest posts