Ross P. flips to Alabama

Verbal is the key word there. I wish the kid would have stayed but it was a tough year last year and if the internet is any indication(it probably isn't) a large percentage of the "fan base" believes that the Iowa program is as doomed as doomed can be. There's happier recitations of funeral dirges than many of the posts I read on Iowa boards. I wish him well.

who knows. maybe Iowa can change his mind with a good season. doubt it, but you never know.

He's doubting his Bama commitment already, per some guy on twitter who's cousin knows him.

Triple confirmed.

Chump should never have committed to Iowa in first place......

This..... as a Cedar Falls native, he could have saved a lot of face by just waiting... turned alot of people against him by doing things this way. Still time to be a Hawk I suppose, but my guess is the backlash he gets over this will keep him from ever wearing the black and gold.

If this has turned anyone against him, or made enemies of anyone then they are the ones that should grow up. He's a kid. He was probably a hawk fan and made a decision with his heart. He has an amazing opportunity at Alabama to win a national championship. I do not believe that will happen at Iowa under this regime, so why not.

Now that being said. He will probably be a pretty good guard at bama and get drafted, while he could have been a stud LT at Iowa, got drafted and probably made more money.

Good luck to him, and you never know, he could always change his mind back. Still all season to go and OVs.

Well, there went our last 4* recruit. But I guess we can all take solace in the fact that we only want kids who want to be at Iowa, stars are overrated anyway, and that we'd rather have 2-3* recruits that outwork those 4-5* spoiled brats. And if you think I'm serious about this, it's time to have your sarcasm detectors checked.

Iowa needs talent, and it sucks to see all of our highly rated recruits walking out the door in recent years.

Well, there went our last 4* recruit. But I guess we can all take solace in the fact that we only want kids who want to be at Iowa, stars are overrated anyway, and that we'd rather have 2-3* recruits that outwork those 4-5* spoiled brats. And if you think I'm serious about this, it's time to have your sarcasm detectors checked.

Iowa needs talent, and it sucks to see all of our highly rated recruits walking out the door in recent years.

Scheel is a 4 star by Rivals, I believe.

would be classic if, for whatever reason, he ended up getting locked out of alabama.......

Not "classic", just "karma".

If he gets hurt his senior year, the Iowa staff sure as he&& better not "have faith". He made his "commitment", bailed when he got a "better" offer.

Whatever happens now is HIS problem.

shhh. Don't interrupt his pity party with facts.

Ok wiseguy, so I guess we do have one 4* player left, depending on which site you look at. Point is, the flow of highly rated recruits has pretty generally been more OUT of the program lately, rather than IN. This is not the first decommit of a 4* player that we've seen in the not-too-distant past.

Ok smarta$$, so I guess we do have one 4* player left, depending on which site you look at. Point is, the flow of highly rated recruits has pretty generally been more OUT of the program lately, rather than IN. This is not the first decommit of a 4* player that we've seen in the not-too-distant past.

First, outsmarting the profanity filter is a direct violation of the boards rules and could result in you being banned. You better hope JD doesnt read this thread.

Second- Who are the four stars that have decommitted recently?

First, outsmarting the profanity filter is a direct violation of the boards rules and could result in you being banned. You better hope JD doesnt read this thread.

I assume he's talking about the kid who decommited to indiana last year

If he wants to ban me, he can ban me. But I changed what I wrote.

What about the 4* recruit that decommitted to go to Indiana? I'm not sure how to track it since those recruits disappear from our list of commitments when they decommit. It seems like there was at least 1 or 2 others, but I lose track of time so maybe it was a previous class, and not THIS year.

If he wants to ban me, he can ban me. But I changed what I wrote.

What about the 4* recruit that decommitted to go to Indiana? I'm not sure how to track it since those recruits disappear from our list of commitments when they decommit. It seems like there was at least 1 or 2 others, but I lose track of time so maybe it was a previous class, and not THIS year.

Oh you mean the kid whose dad was on the Indiana staff?

If its so prevelant you should be able to name more than that.

Latest posts