Ross P. flips to Alabama

Well it'll be interesting to see how the year goes. Long ways to go till signing day. AJ McCarron could wind up in some pay to sign scheme with his buddy in Texas and Saben was driving them around to different hotels to do it. And Iowa could run the table and Weisman wins the Heisman. Hey a fan can dream right.... As far as beating the kid up on here I'm sure the last week or so since his visit down there that he's been weighing how much heat he'll be getting for flipping. In the grand scheme of things it sucks for Iowa now but Iowa's been on the beneficiary end of this too. I believe CJ Fed was an Illinois commit before flipping to Iowa. I'm not sure if it balances out or not but kids will be kids. I'll root for who puts on the black and gold and not lose sleep over those that don't

how long before we can fire KF without owing him 8 figures?

Along time. What's it have to do with Ross P flipping? Is that the last straw for you? Ferentz isn't going anywhere till he retires I'm afraid. Don't think we'll see the day he's fired for right or wrong.

Along time. What's it have to do with Ross P flipping? Is that the last straw for you? Ferentz isn't going anywhere till he retires I'm afraid. Don't think we'll see the day he's fired for right or wrong.

apparently KF has a lot to do with Ross P changing his mind, because he sure sounded excited to be going to play for Saban (versus going to Alabama)

apparently KF has a lot to do with Ross P changing his mind, because he sure sounded excited to be going to play for Saban (versus going to Alabama)

They way you expressed your thought has to do with Saban, not Ferentz.

What do you expect him to say? Of course he's going to say that. Not one kid that chooses to go to Alabama last yr this yr or next year would say anything different. The kid is choosing to play for the #1 team in the country over staying home and playing for his childhood favorite team when either program would get the most of his potential to get him to the pros. The only major differences is climate and state of the programs. I don't think the coach was a factor in his rating witch one was better. I think it was the program. I just hope that in the next 3-5 yrs that Iowa is back on the big stage again to prove him wrong. In the mean time it is what it is. He may change his mind again he may not. More power to him

They way you expressed your thought has to do with Saban, not Ferentz.

Really?

> I like/love the Hawks
> I verbal to the Hawks
> Saban calls me up to convince me not to be a Hawk
> _________________________________________
> I verbal to Alabama

I'm unable to think of something to put on that blank line that does not reflect poorly on KF. He specifically said Saban first (not Bama) ... which most likely means that Saban>KF trumped Iowa>Bama, as I read it.

You can look at it that way if you want. I see it more on the state of the programs. If Iowa was coming off a yr where they went 10-2 and winning the orange bowl and Bama wasn't coming off back to back championships I think he'd be a Hawk. Ferentz is the same coach then that he is now. Well I take that back in the sense that Iowa's assistants have changed alot. But how different is having Brian as the Oline coach instead of Morgan? And by the time Ross put on the tiger hawk it will have been the start of Brians 3rd yr. I think Ross wanted the big stage bright lights along with the chance to get developed into being a pro. Iowa can only offer being home playing for his childhood favorite team and if he's good enough he can go pro as well as Doyle and Ferentz have developed many of them. But by no means no promises on being on the national radar at any point in the next 3-5 yrs. Although he coulda helped be a building block for just that. I don't think it came down to he liked Saben over Ferentz thing. I think if Ferentz and Saben traded jobs today the result is the same. We'll prolly never know for sure cause no kid is going to answer that honestly either way.

So does this mean Iowa "pulls" his offer? It can't help recruiting other linemen if we say, "If Ross P changes his mind, the offer may be off the table"

So do we pull it? I assume he told KF he is now "solid" with Alabama, given that he said he has "made" his decision before football season starts...

So does this mean Iowa "pulls" his offer? It can't help recruiting other linemen if we say, "If Ross P changes his mind, the offer may be off the table"

So do we pull it? I assume he told KF he is now "solid" with Alabama, given that he said he has "made" his decision before football season starts...

No, you don't pull it. If he wants to come back to Iowa he will be welcomed. it will come down to one of the last minute offers to a MAC player and he will be replaced by RP. Can't have enough OL anyway.

No, you don't pull it. If he wants to come back to Iowa he will be welcomed. it will come down to one of the last minute offers to a MAC player and he will be replaced by RP. Can't have enough OL anyway.

So in other words, we don't really "move on". We spin our wheels.

Complete idiocy.

Complete idiocy.
Some things are too big of a concept for you to understand. Like water being wet or socks go on your feet not your hands. Don't let the tough things confuse you bobby

I would be seriously scared of bob if I was Ross P right now.

Dude has come off the handle completely.

bob- it might be best to just shut it down for awhile, you obviously cant handle poasting here.

How many schollys is Iowa dolling out this year? I don't think they are going to be anywhere close to over signing so I bet come signing day if Ross were to flip again he'd have a scholly and there wouldn't be a gray shirt casualty because of it. It'd be nice if Iowa had 3 other 4 star Olineman jumping at his scholly but if there are I haven't heard of them.

Complete idiocy.

Bob,

Many recruits have said in interviews that schools tell them they don't have an open scholarship until they hear back from kids higher on their boards that received scholarship offers first.

It happens more than you know, so the only complete idiocy is your "knowledge" of how these things really work.

Bob,

Many recruits have said in interviews that schools tell them they don't have an open scholarship until they hear back from kids higher on their boards that received scholarship offers first.

It happens more than you know, so the only complete idiocy is your "knowledge" of how these things really work.

Actually, no. It's complete idiocy that I decided to check back on this thread...and all I got was your post...

By your logic, we are telling any prospective OL recruit that IF Ross P were to flip back, the offer would be gone?

Latest posts