Ross P. flips to Alabama

By your logic, we are telling any prospective OL recruit that IF Ross P were to flip back, the offer would be gone?

Actually, no. There is guaranteed to be a little attrition every offseason. Iowa would have no problem getting down to 85 schollies by the deadline if they took one extra player.

Name the last offseason that didnt see at least one player leave the team voluntarily or otherwise.

Is this your first year of following football, bob?

Actually, no. It's complete idiocy that I decided to check back on this thread...and all I got was your post...

By your logic, we are telling any prospective OL recruit that IF Ross P were to flip back, the offer would be gone?

Actually, no?!?!!?!?!?! Seriously, I don't think you can read. The exact scenario I put above ACTUALLY HAPPENS all the time. Just because you don't like it or think it makes sense has absolutely no barring on anything in reality.

Are you the same hawkeyebob from HawkeyeInsider? If so, please stay on HI and fill their threads with crap, don't bring it here.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Actually, no?!?!!?!?!?! Seriously, I don't think you can read. The exact scenario I put above ACTUALLY HAPPENS all the time. Just because you don't like it or think it makes sense has absolutely no barring on anything in reality.

Are you the same hawkeyebob from HawkeyeInsider? If so, please stay on HI and fill their threads with crap, don't bring it here.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

No, I was "hawkeyebob62" there, as well, until I got "read-only" status without explanation.

<<You obviously have no idea what you're talking about>>

Do you even KNOW what I am talking about? I'm not saying we do/don't give recruits that info. I'm saying that "holding on" waiting for recruits to "flip back" is fruitless. We need to move on.

IMO, IF Ross P. should "flip back" it WON'T be because we had a great season or we "convinced" him, it will be because he got injured, had a terrible senior season, etc. In other words, it will be because his stock at Alabama "dropped", not our stock rising in his eyes.

No, I was "hawkeyebob62" there, as well, until I got "read-only" status without explanation.

Do you even KNOW what I am talking about? I'm not saying we do/don't give recruits that info. I'm saying that "holding on" waiting for recruits to "flip back" is fruitless. We need to move on.

IMO, IF Ross P. should "flip back" it WON'T be because we had a great season or we "convinced" him, it will be because he got injured, had a terrible senior season, etc. In other words, it will be because his stock at Alabama "dropped", not our stock rising in his eyes.

It is good that you can definitively say what is going to happen in a high school kids mind. especially one that serms to be struggling with this decision.

IMO, IF Ross P. should "flip back" it WON'T be because we had a great season or we "convinced" him, it will be because he got injured, had a terrible senior season, etc. In other words, it will be because his stock at Alabama "dropped", not our stock rising in his eyes

The bolded part above is all your "opinion", not a fact. But anyway back to reality, it is irrelevant because he is going to Alabama. He isn't flipping back, everyone does need to move on.

Maybe he has a change of heart and flips back to us a lot can happen between now and signing day lets just hope we put a pretty good season together maybe that will help us sway him back I'm from TN and I hate losing recruits to Alabama from my Vols or my hawkeyes

Alabama just got a commit from a 6th olinemen today. The number one olineman and tackle in the country and they still have offers out there to more I wonder what RP feels about this?

Alabama just got a commit from a 6th olinemen today. The number one olineman and tackle in the country and they still have offers out there to more I wonder what RP feels about this?

Man. Only one of those kids is rated a little lower than him.

Not to mention.. that's 6 alone in one class. Who knows if there is a whole nother 5 or 6 next year..

Well.. to be the best, you gotta beat the best..

If that's what he wants (Some hardcore competition to play), that's what he'll get.

Goodluck to him.

'Bama now has commitments from the #1 OT, #1 OG, #2 C, and #1 juco OL. The only guy they're missing is the #1 C, but don't worry, he's from Mobile and holds an Alabama offer.

Long Live the King.

What these recruits don't realize is that they are filling someone else's dream. These young men who go to Alabama from Minnesota, Iowa, etc. seeking titles for ALABAMA? Such a change from a generation ago when to be the best, you beat the best... not just joined them. I wonder how long all the top recruits are just going to go to Alabama and get a token national championship until some of them realize they are good enough to beat them?

I hope he's looked real good and hard at how many offensive lineman have commited to alabama. If he would come to iowa he's going to have a real good chance of playing and maybe even starting his freshman yr but if he goes to bama he better get use to watching the game from the sideline because bama has a lot of depth at his position. I really do hope he looks at that anf comes back to iowa where he's going to have a lot better chance of seeing the field early

I'm sure Iowa hasn't given up on him. Things have certainly changed, and not necessarily in his favor, since his most recent change of heart. Lets see when it comes time to sign on the bottom line.

I'm sure Iowa hasn't given up on him. Things have certainly changed, and not necessarily in his favor, since his most recent change of heart. Lets see when it comes time to sign on the bottom line.

i'm sure Iowa isn't going to stop recruiting him, unless he asks them to. but, if the Hawks go 4-8 again with KF on the hot seat, that certainly isn't going to swing him towards Iowa.

How many OL did Alabama sign last year? I really believe that Saban signs tries to sign at least 5-6 OL and as many DL every year. He's smart enough to know the game is won in the trenches, and is SEC enough to know how to cut or waive the guys who get beat out year to make room for the next class of recruits.

Until the NCAA puts a stop to oversigning and makes scholarships a 4 year deal (5 if there's a redshirt involved) instead of a 1 year deal, which allows them to have "cut down days", the SEC is going to continue to reign supreme...and that's not going to happen when ESPN fills the NCAA's pockets with cash and is so in bed with the SEC that they keep a toothbrush in their bathroom and have a drawer of clean clothes in their dresser...bottom line, everyone else (except Oregon and their Nike money) is screwed.

Would Ross want to go now that they could be facing possible probation and vacating national titles?
Y! SPORTS

I'd think Saban would roll (no pun intended) onto the next stop if this has legs to it also

Last edited:

Latest posts