Roll Call: How many of you fanatics used to pay over at Scout or Rivals or 247????

Can I post in "your" thread? Oh screw it, here I go anyway.

I have tried each site. 247 and Scout premium services are way, way behind Rivals IMO. They all offer premium articles, but honestly the information is out there, especially with twitter. You might get some interviews that you might not have gotten with another site with each of the three, but like I said the information is out there if you dig enough.

What I like about Rivals is the premium board is very active. The 247 and scout boards are dead, this board is dead lots of the time. There are a lot of threads, and a lot of discussion over there. I think the only drawback to them is there is a TON of pissing matching that go on. I mean like way more than the few spats going on here. The seemingly extreme beef you have with me is common place over there I feel. They make our little squabble look like child's play over there. You'd better put your big boy pants on in premium town, because they will come at you brah....

I paid for Rivals, but it got old reading about each recruit's meal at the Texas Roadhouse on their visits. Ive found that any info on there will be out in a few hours anyway

I've never paid for any of these services, but Scout is a freaking ghost town over there. I feel sorry for the guy that is running it; he's really gotta feel like he's wasting his time. I'm assuming he's using it for experience to gain something bigger in life.

Really, is it hard to find chittin info on the internet. I always found the subscription idea comical. I'll just wait until one of the pay subscribers leaks the info out, because, you know they are.

I paid for 247 for a couple of years and rather enjoyed it. The paid moderator of the site was really good...responsive to individual posters, good research on recruiting, expanded his coverage in basketball, but kept up well in football. However, he left 247 several months ago and they have not hired a new mod. Plus, they have not been very responsive to members of the site about when, or if, a replacement will be hired. So, I told them I would let my subscription run out (I think its about $100 a year) in November unless they have someone on board. I am retired and have a fair amount of flexibility on my time so I really did not mind paying for the site.

I originally went to 247 as a non-paying visitor. You could post, etc. but could not access "premium" information. My primary reason for going there was that there was so much childish behavior on Hawkeyenation at the time that I just had a belly full of it. That is NOT a criticism of Jon, or most of the posters, but I even received some pretty severe insults and criticism for what were very innocent posts about my views. The posters on 247 are actually very easy to interact with and have some really good insights into Iowa sports. And, yes, they do express opinions that I may not agree with, but generally, it is done with a sense of humor and focuses on facts.

Now that HN has added the recruitment angle to the mix, plus some additional articles that are really high quality, I spend most of my time here. I still get annoyed with some of the back and forth that gets personal, but I don't see as much of it and I have learned to ignore most of the junk. Now a big fan of HN.

I paid at Rivals for a while, dropped and went to Scout premium when Jon was there. Eventually left scout when I found myself hanging here for free most of the time. And now, Rob is here... So this is the place.
There are a few jerk posters here that I'm tired of, like Ickehawk, but I guess those clowns are everywhere.

I paid at Rivals for a while, dropped and went to Scout premium when Jon was there. Eventually left scout when I found myself hanging here for free most of the time. And now, Rob is here... So this is the place.
There are a few jerk posters here that I'm tired of, like Ickehawk, but I guess those clowns are everywhere.
Posters that make ignorant, unsubstantiated statements, bad mouth coaches and kids = 'Good Posters'
Posters who are knowledgeable, deal in facts, and don't tolerate 'cowards' who 'bad mouth' coaches and kids behind their backs ANONYMOUSLY = 'Jerks'
Got it! And people wonder why this country is 'circling the drain'.....

I used to pay on Scout (wasn't that where Jon was? Original Hawkeyenation?). Anyways, liked it then. But followed Jon here as did a lot of people. I really like that Rob's back in the fold. With Twitter, I've never really thought of going back. Sometimes I get pissed when I click on a pay article and can't read it, but it's just a little while longer and the info is out there.

I paid for 247 for a couple of years and rather enjoyed it. The paid moderator of the site was really good...responsive to individual posters, good research on recruiting, expanded his coverage in basketball, but kept up well in football. However, he left 247 several months ago and they have not hired a new mod. Plus, they have not been very responsive to members of the site about when, or if, a replacement will be hired. So, I told them I would let my subscription run out (I think its about $100 a year) in November unless they have someone on board. I am retired and have a fair amount of flexibility on my time so I really did not mind paying for the site.

I originally went to 247 as a non-paying visitor. You could post, etc. but could not access "premium" information. My primary reason for going there was that there was so much childish behavior on Hawkeyenation at the time that I just had a belly full of it. That is NOT a criticism of Jon, or most of the posters, but I even received some pretty severe insults and criticism for what were very innocent posts about my views. The posters on 247 are actually very easy to interact with and have some really good insights into Iowa sports. And, yes, they do express opinions that I may not agree with, but generally, it is done with a sense of humor and focuses on facts.

Now that HN has added the recruitment angle to the mix, plus some additional articles that are really high quality, I spend most of my time here. I still get annoyed with some of the back and forth that gets personal, but I don't see as much of it and I have learned to ignore most of the junk. Now a big fan of HN.

Yes. It is pretty bad when one takes childish criticism for simply having an OPINION. That is why we are here, to voice our opinions and thoughts. People need not get personal about someone having an opinion on subject.

I have never paid, nor will I pay for any info, especially when the content is based in rumors and/or personal opinion that can be found some where in the public domain. IMHO, if one keeps buying, we will soon be buying everything along with ever increasing fees.

Case in point, the DMRag, aka the Cyclown Chronicle.

Around 2003-04, I paid at Hawkeye Nation when Jon had the site and I think Rob was with him. I liked the magazines that came out. I too grew tired of reading about recruits visits and dropped the subscription.

I don't see myself ever paying for this kind of access. I don't need to know info fast that bad.

Approved-Notary.png

I've never paid for any of these services, but Scout is a freaking ghost town over there. I feel sorry for the guy that is running it; he's really gotta feel like he's wasting his time. I'm assuming he's using it for experience to gain something bigger in life.

Approved.jpeg

Latest posts