Rodney Coe is 6'3" 300lbs

WildTurkey

If somebody told me 2 years ago that the Hawkeyes 4* runningback recruit would transfer to ISU and become their starting D-tackle I would have laughed. Now Coe will be trying to tackle Weisman and Co. It just seems odd to me how that whole situation unfolded. I'm sure Coe will be a beast but I hope he is contained by the veteran Iowa o-line. 300 pounds? Really? I would hate to pay his food bill...

Lmao I'm guessing 30-40 of those lbs aren't good weight. Hell I think I saw the clowns even talking awhile back about him not being in shape. He will get pancaked in the game book it.

I think everyone except Coe knew he would put on weight and should be a dlineman. His actions are what made him a cyclone rather than a hawk. Coaches decided they didn't want him.

Lmao I'm guessing 30-40 of those lbs aren't good weight. Hell I think I saw the clowns even talking awhile back about him not being in shape. He will get pancaked in the game book it.

Coe is in great shape for being 300 pounds and the coaches are raving about his physical ability. If he can get the technique down he'll be solid. If not he'll probably be a decent run plugger.

I personally thought Coe was a better LB than a RB in his high school film. I don't expect him to be a pushover.

Coe is in great shape for being 300 pounds and the coaches are raving about his physical ability. If he can get the technique down he'll be solid. If not he'll probably be a decent run plugger.

Ummmm that is what they say in the media. I have heard exactly the opposite from some at ISU. They really didn't expect him to even qualify, and they say his attitude is crappy.

He will have an All-American performance against Iowa before completely disappearing for the rest of the season and ultimately end up in prison for pulling a gun out and threatening the refs after the next ISU-Kansas basketball game.

Doesn't look like very much bad weight.

5202ebfbd974093ad0ace.jpg

Doesn't look like very much bad weight.

5202ebfbd974093ad0ace.jpg

Doesn't look like he's 300 lbs either.

Bottom line is his offer was pulled from Iowa for a reason. He probably chose Iowa State because he felt like he could get some vengeance. Now does that vengeance light a fire under him, change his attitude, and make him a beast? Or is he the same punk Iowa pulled the offer from because he had a bad attitude, barely passed his classes, and posted pictures of himself on the internet with his handgun a la Aaron Hernandez style?

He has potential. I don't think anyone can argue that. The question is whether or not he can figure things out between his ears. He better have the right approach for the Iowa game because I have a feeling the Hawks offensive line will be licking their chops waiting for a chance to pancake him.

Last edited:
It isn't shocking at all. Iowa was one of the only schools out of his amazing offer list that wanted him at RB. Everyone else offered him at DE. That is the only reason Iowa landed him. They could have had him as a D lineman also out of Juco. He tried to commit to Iowa and was saying he was a Hawk but Iowa backed away. Needless to say, he is super pi$$ed about it and is going to have a major chip on his shoulder.

If somebody told me 2 years ago that the Hawkeyes 4* runningback recruit would transfer to ISU and become their starting D-tackle I would have laughed. Now Coe will be trying to tackle Weisman and Co. It just seems odd to me how that whole situation unfolded. I'm sure Coe will be a beast but I hope he is contained by the veteran Iowa o-line. 300 pounds? Really? I would hate to pay his food bill...

When he committed to Iowa, I never thought he'd see one snap as an RB...felt DL all the way. Then of course, he never even made it in at all.

Latest posts