Rob Howe Having it Out With Perrault...

Quick, name all them who knew what DJK was doing...

What if I said some of the players, for example Stanzi, Clayborn, and Sash should have known.

Then what if I said Stanzi, Clayborn, and Sash, you know, some of the players? Should have known.

Then what if I said some of the players should have known. Some of our players are Stanzi, Clayborn, and Sash.

Then what if I said some of our players are stanzi, Clayborn, and sash. Some of our players should have known.

Are those statements out of line because they have specific names in them? You're not taking anything in context.

who cares? at the crux of the matter is saying something that you don't know for absolute 100% certain to be true.

There is a HUGE difference between thinking that a guy like Derby might switch positions and flat out saying you would be shocked if Stanzi didn't know. Making the assumption that Stanzi either did, or should have known, is ********. Perrault has NO idea as to whether or not that Stanzi and DJK actually are close, yet he assumed that they are that close.

He later justified that argument by saying that DJK is the most popular player, guys had to be calling him up to see where the party's at. DJK was the most popular player with FANS. He said stuff like DJK is a charismatic guy, great smile, blah blah blah, so people gravitate to him. Guess what? T.O. is a pretty charming guy most of the time, and he's got a great smile. That mean he's the most popular player in the locker room too? Not saying DJK is that kind of a teammate, just that it's stupid to make the assumption that he's as popular in the locker room as he is with the fans.

How you would know I have never been in a locker room must come from the point that I disagree with you. Whatever gets you thought the night. You know nothing about me and I think its highly irresponsible to throw that at the wall and see if it sticks. :)

My point is, I would be the guy taking DJK aside and saying you want to F*** things up for yourself that's your business. But when it has the possibility to affect me or the rest of the team, yeah not going to happen. How do you think the locker room is right about now?

Front page of espn

Iowa discovers 'flaws' in drug-testing program

That's sure going to do some good for us. You want to discuss the actual topic at hand feel free, or you can waste time imagining my personal life and background.

You just talk like someone that's never been in a locker room. Feel free to correct me.

You point to ESPN's article as proof that someone should have snitched on DJK. It's just not the way it is, and you again, come off as Captain Hindsight. To think ANYBODY would think someone's extra curricular activities would lead to this is ludicrous.

What if I said some of the players, for example Stanzi, Clayborn, and Sash should have known.

Then what if I said Stanzi, Clayborn, and Sash, you know, some of the players? Should have known.

Then what if I said some of the players should have known. Some of our players are Stanzi, Clayborn, and Sash.

Then what if I said some of our players are stanzi, Clayborn, and sash. Some of our players should have known.

Are those statements out of line because they have specific names in them? You're not taking anything in context.

There's a difference between those statements, and what Perrault said.

A parable to show the difference:

"One of the guys in the room is The Ripper: Adam, Carl, Ken, Will, Jack, etc."

"Jack is The Ripper."

See the difference?

You're fine...although some of those (highlighted) make you sound stupid, but at no point, unlike Perrault, did you claim that a specific player knew. Matt said Stanzi "had to have known"...not "should have"..."HAD TO HAVE" and wouldn't back away from it. THAT my friend, is reckless and uncalled for.

There's a difference between those statements, and what Perrault said.

A parable to show the difference:

"One of the guys in the room is The Ripper: Adam, Carl, Ken, Will, Jack, etc."

"Jack is The Ripper."

See the difference?

Thats not what he did though. He basically used Stanzi to represent "a player" or "another player". He could have said Joe Moore instead of Stanzi and no one would have given 2 *****.

Thats not what he did though. He basically used Stanzi to represent "a player" or "another player". He could have said Joe Moore instead of Stanzi and no one would have given 2 *****.

No, he said that Stanzi HAD TO HAVE KNOWN. Just HAD to, cause, you know, he's the quarterback. And that is some of the most stupid logic I've ever heard. T.O. ain't exactly in Jeff Garcia's Fave Five.

You just talk like someone that's never been in a locker room. Feel free to correct me.

You point to ESPN's article as proof that someone should have snitched on DJK. It's just not the way it is, and you again, come off as Captain Hindsight. To think ANYBODY would think someone's extra curricular activities would lead to this is ludicrous.

I guess I don't see it as hindsight that a college football player doing drugs, could lead to attention on the team itself if it were to come to light. how is that hindsight? That's either being mentally challenged or woefully ignorant or having your head in the sand. Which is exactly what it was. I am not saying they are right or wrong to to have not come forward thats a question for each person to ask themselves.

As far as correcting you, what would it matter? How would you know? Haven't you heard, everyone on the internet is 6'2" or taller, a former jock or perhaps astronaut. I guess if my opinion is to be disregarded because you feel you can sniff out former ballplayers by their posts so be it.

I havent read this whole thread so maybe this has been covered

Who cares if Stanzi knew? Its idiotic of Perrault to expect a player to turn in another teammate. This would not happen, they might try to change his ways but turn him in? cmon

Has he ever been on a sports team?

Oh no he didn't...he went after Rick, saying HE specifically had to have known it was going on. He wasn't using him as an example of "a player should have known". Get your facts straight Cliche...

I havent read this whole thread so maybe this has been covered

Who cares if Stanzi knew? Its idiotic of Perrault to expect a player to turn in another teammate. This would not happen, they might try to change his ways but turn him in? cmon

Has he ever been on a sports team?

THANK YOU.

Ya, it's been covered. :)

Latest posts